Jedson Engineering Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 5, 2017
i worked for not too long, but i had to quit due to personal reasons. Jedson has great senior management team, and i had great opportunities to grow career and technical skills, and i loved the great work environment and locations. Thanks for everything.
Pros
management team and my lead are awesome
Professional, Can-do attitude
Contract process engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 2, 2017
I enjoyed the 9 weeks I worked there in July-October 2015. Too bad there wasn't more work.

Jedson worked as satellite offices on the same contracts. Like most small companies they bring in expertise as needed to coach their inexperienced direct-hires. With that said, my experience as a contractor was smooth-sailing. Great company.
Pros
Reimbursed parking downtown.
Cons
Lack of work.
Drunken Lead Piping Designer
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 26, 2017
I mean it. The lead piping designer would come into work drunk. His name is Tony. The office manager would cover for him too even though I brought up my concerns since we were dropping our workload because of it. Be VERY careful about working here. A shady group of people.
Glad to get out of there
Designer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 5, 2016
Poor management and lack of communication between all the offices. You are forced to take lunch at a certain time. The office is in Mobile now, so no Bay view.
Employees Compete for Work within the Company
Control Systems and Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 2, 2016
Being billable keeps employees competing with each other. When work is abundant it is a stable place to work. You may leave for any reason and they may let you go for any reason.
Decent Engineering Shop
Senior Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 28, 2016
The Raleigh, NC Pharmaceutical line of business is a start up branch with several very talented Engineers of several disciplines.
They are not, however, established well enough to land the execution of their design work.
The work atmosphere is above average and there seems to be a solid cohesiveness between the disciplines.
The focus should remain on the Engineering tasks, and I have no doubt that they will acquire more local long-term clients as their reputation for creating an above average product spreads within the RTP area pharmaceutical industry.
Pros
The new office space is currently very open and bright, it is across the street from a popular venue and has a gym available for its employees.
Worse than a job shop
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 7, 2014
Work load is erratic. Office management is done from Cincinnati. Quality of work is erratic due to flood of recent hires, resulting in recent loss of some clients. There are no day-to-day senior leaders in the office. Recent office management had no follow through, would quickly lose sight of objective. Thankfully they were transferred. Office is very noisy, has open floor plan. Most the people in the office have been at company less than a year. Office does have nice view of bay.
Pros
Office is convenient to lunch places.
Cons
Pretty much everything else.