JEFFCO PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

After School Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 10, 2017
Learned how to finish hard wood floors, maintain them, and strip floor of the old finish. Advanced to Supervisor after limited time on the job. j
Great experience to further your knowledge about ECE
Student (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, MOSeptember 5, 2017
My typical day was walking in a class and being rushed with many hugs and smiles. Then getting to sit down and help little children with different studies.

I've learned how to attend to different child's needs and how to help some kids that learn different.

Management is a little bit out of control but when I left it gained control. Never had a problem with any of the bosses nor the co-workers. The work environment was very colorful and impressive for being just a few classroom for children.

The hardest part of my job was learning all 23 kids names in just a weeks time.

The most enjoyable part was when I walked in the classroom and was tackled with amazing kids with the biggest smiles on their little faces.
Pros
Great kids
Cons
Not enough hours with the kids
Fun place to work
Kitchen Sec. (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COAugust 21, 2017
I loved the kids i loved a few of the staff and made a few friends. I left with awesome memories from kids and staff. It was a awesome work environment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No break
Helpful staff
District RN (Former Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 15, 2017
The staff that I spoke to were helpful. It is a position were you need to feel comfortable with your assessments.

When other nurses were available, they could help with assessments but if they weren't you are on your own.
Management is disorganized
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Paraeducator (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJune 26, 2017
Jeffco, being a large school district, is extremely disorganized. For any given question you may easily get five different answers. The lack of communication and be difficult to deal with.
Good place
Early Childhood Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2017
Fun place to work, love the students. Love how I'm off in the summer. I'm medical trained, trach trained, CPR trained. I worked with jcps since I got out of high school in may 2006. I worked with special needs students until I went to a new school to work with early childhood students
Multi-Tasking at its finest!
Computer Instructor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 13, 2017
Good company to work for. Fun, energetic, lots of sweet kids to work with every single day! I hope to get my certification soon so I can teach kindergarten someday!
rewarding experience
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Golden, COMay 23, 2017
I was blessed to work in special education where my students loved attending school. It made a difference to them if I was there or not, which helped in my enjoyment of my work.
wonderful work experience with caring team
Utility School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 20, 2017
Started as a Custodian back in 2014, worked at Bear Creek K-8 School.

Left custodial services to be a part of the transportation department as a Bus Assistant back in 2015.

Acquired my CDL class B with Air brakes, School Bus, and passenger endorsements back in 2016. Became a Utility School Bus Driver. Currently working at South Transportation.
Pros
fun, food, holidays off, caring team
Cons
poor salary, poor benefits, alot of driving
My Principal is very supportive and a strong leader.
Clinic Aide (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 5, 2017
I enjoy connecting with my students, their families and the other staff. I feel supported in my role by both my Principal and my District RN.
Great job for families
Specialist, Data and Reporting, Assessment (Current Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 10, 2017
Love being able to make a difference in the lives of students and in the community. Having the same time off as your children is invaluable. There are a lot of opportunities offered.
Pros
Time off with family
Cons
Pay
Challenging.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 8, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the kids. It is awesome to have a reason to go to work everyday on time, and not just for the paycheck. A typical day at work is pretty laid back. I learned that I work really well with children. Management is complicated. Workplace culture needs some improvement. The hardest part of the job is fitting in.
Good job with decent benifets
Head Custodian (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 2, 2017
Like every job Jeffco has its Pros and Cons. But for me it has provided great job security and has helped me strengthen my weaknesses. I love the people I work with and the community.
Pros
Prefer to answer this face to face
Cons
Same as Pros
very political
Early Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Golden, CODecember 21, 2016
My mother died and I had to take 2 weeks off. They responded by non renewing me and made me a substitute. They were very uncompassionate.
SPED Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CODecember 10, 2016
SLHS has a very strong administration that is highly respectful of teachers. They allow the necessary time to accomplish common goals with excellence, and provide training to make that possible.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Distance from my home
Grat benefitsand amazing hours
CNP (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 29, 2016
A typical work day started with prepping the food we were going to cook for the day and then went on to cooking. We then served about 800 children lunch and cleaned up the cafeteria and kitchen when they were done. I learned to multi-task and how to do things quickly and efficiently. I had very patient co-workers and an amazing manager who made the job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was taking out the trash when the bags got too heavy, but with team work even that was not so bad.
A professional work environment
Early Childhood Bus Monitor Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 17, 2016
I enjoy working with the children and they look up to me and allow me to feel needed my co-workers are great team players when it comes to getting the job done.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Unorganized needs better budget plan
Great Staff to Work With
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Golden, CO 80401April 15, 2016
Jeffco Public Schools is a great place to work. Co-workers are very supportive and it offers a great work life balance. The pay is not that great but it does offer a pension plan.
Pros
Summer, weekends and holidays off
Cons
Not as organized as it could be
Very involved job.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 1, 2016
Because of the school based budgeting, more tasks are put upon the Principal/Financial Secretary at the Elementary level. The job may be OK with a seasoned principal.
Cons
The balance of the school is on the secretaries shoulders.
Can be a fun place to work
Dump truck driver (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 23, 2016
The hardest part of the job is , the traffic and keeping the kids under control.

Management for the most part is great.

What i have learned is to have a lot of patients
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough hours sometime