Jefferies Employee Reviews

Lowest employee review on Glassdoor for a reason
Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
If you are looking to consider a non-front office role here - don't. Or consider it for a year, knowing you will leave in a year. Systems are really really terrible. As in, input a number and stare at the screen for 20 minutes waiting for the values to refresh, when comparable systems at other firm's are real-time. Also - micro-managing at it's worst. Ask yourself if you want to work for a bank with the lowest employee review on Glassdoor.
Pros
Free bagels on Friday's .. then again they were never intended for our department.
Cons
Terrible systems, support groups not valued whatsover
work enviroment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2016
very nice corporate setting and staff.
lovely scheduele 7am - 2pm mon - fri
talented chef and sous chef
friendly and hospitable
Good culture
Investment Banking Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2016
Great experience and a good culture. Great team environment and analysts are given a lo of responsibility which allows room to learn and grow right out of college.
fun place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 4, 2016
dealing with several personalities can be a bit challenging but you take it all in strives. each one can have you doing something different than the next person. you stay busy by keeping track of the things the bankers needed/wanted along with the day to day work needed in the office.
Pros
christmas cards with cash
Cons
no advancement
Jefferies
Always late on Payment.
Technology Driven
Comfortable team size.
Pros
Cons
Late payments
lost its way
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
too corporate and if top management worked anywhere else they would have been fired by now. Bought commodities business for $420mm and gave it away for free 4 years later
Productive work place, busy and fun
Accounts Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 15, 2016
Enjoyed working for this company for eight years. Heavy Data entry which kept me very busy. Managers were very helpful in the growth of their employees. Friendly co workers and most of all team players.
Pros
our holiday parties, free lunch perks
Cons
Hard to move up
good company
ASSOCIATE/ TEAM SUPERVISOR JEFFERIES BACHE (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 15, 2016
we were all let go because they sold our side of the company it was a good company but they had no use for us after they sold the wall street side of it i worked in commodities
Great, professional and fun team with superior compensation
Futures application support analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2015
Jefferies was a great company to work for. The financial compensation was on the high side of the scale. I learned more about the business and technical side than I had at my previous employers. The team I worked with was second to none as we were all friends and worked very well together as one cohesive unit. The hardest part of the job was the extremely high stress environment due to each clients financial risk and the need to mitigate that financial risk in a time sensitive manner. The most enjoyable part was the office environment and the great comradery shared between my team, my management and I.
Pros
Great pay, exceptional team, great work enviroment/office
Cons
High stress work load, off peak hours
very differant from by last job.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2015
Not very good in the futures Business.Hard to open accounts. to many people running the same department. My co-workers I enjoyed working with.

Want to know more about Jefferies?

Ask a question
Work/Life Balance ok
Equities Sales Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2015
Company is headed in a good direction but does not really take care of employees. The culture is pretty good in the sense that the people are nice but the work life balance on my team is horrible.
Excellent Career Growth Opportunity!
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 23, 2015
I worked with outstanding management and enjoyed a tremendous career opportunity at Jefferies LLC.
Jefferies encourages a collegiate work environment and encourages career development. The most enjoyable part of my job was collaborating with my team and my managers. As I learned in the past that much of business hinges on business relationships and this became critical here at Jefferies as I needed to begin to foster new relationships across all business units within a short time. It has been a challenging and rewarding opportunity on so many levels.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
There is a lot of exposure as Jefferies is a small firm. However, it is favorable if one is very focused and ambitious.
productive and reach others.
patient care (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Midland was a reaching and teaching other people. I admire helping others. At Midland we were a strong team. We helped each other and we can get real busy.
Pros
helping each other
Cons
short breaks
Overall a good career
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 26, 2014
I reviewed loans that came across my desk, made sure all the numbers were correct on the loan application, if everything was good and the numbers appeared correct i would then pass the application along so the application can proceed. If the numbers were not correct i would pass the application back down stated what changes need to be made etc.The co-workers there were great, always willing to lend a helping hand with any problems or concerns. I enjoyed everything about the job. I have no complaints.
Pros
The satisfaction of working alone, or work with a group.
Cons
the entire building closed down
fast paced trade floor support environment
Trade Floor IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2014
It was fast paced and not too pleasant of an environment to work in.
Equities Research Extern
Equities Research Extern, Aerospace & Defense (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
• Performed an analysis of the radio communications market in order determine the major players in the market, market size and potential market growth
• Updated data and charts for original equipment manufacturers of business jets in order to facilitate the publication of the information
• Researched and updated a spreadsheet with the budgets of major programs within the Department of Defense for the 2015 fiscal year to determine the year-over-year change in each respective program
• Compiled financials for various companies in the sector into Excel in order for the analyst to begin to use a discounted cash flow analysis to value the respective companies
Productive, Self starter, team player, Can work unsupervised
AVP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2013
Answering call from broker dealers and settle trades at a timely matter. Work on reports to make sure all the trades were up to date and nothing was left undone.
Pros
Great Benefits, Good work enviroment
Cons
Long communte
Typical banking culture, but people are great
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 14, 2013
- hardworking and smart people
- hours can be long
- junior bankers are given a lot of responsibilities
- large deal flow, mostly in equity and debt raising
Fast food
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 21, 2013
Worked a lot of overtime due to the fact that I lived 10 minutes away. Hard to keep employees. Very high turn over rate. The manager did not have good management skills in the fact he scolded employees in front of customers
Had a lot of long term workers.
IT technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 4, 2013
Always kept employees informed about company issues. Really nice people to work for.