Jefferson Center for Mental Health Employee Reviews

Great place
Primary therapist/care coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 15, 2017
I truly enjoyed my internship experience there. I learned a lot working with clients with SPMI. The supervision was fantastic along with all the folks working there.
ok place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COMay 24, 2017
If your on the bottom trying to work your way up its difficult to excel here. If you are already at the top you will not have a problem and will probably really enjoy it.
Pros
vacation and holiday
Cons
expensive benefits and low wages.
Good place to work at.
Navigation Assistant/Main Operator (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COMay 22, 2017
JCMH is a good place to work at, it can sometimes be stressful, but overall it is a good place to be. It strives for excellent customer service and making sure that the patients are heard, and get everything they need.
Laid back place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 11, 2017
Great benefits, voted top place to work in Colorado 5 years running. People are awesome. Lots of community work and events for the customers and employees.
A nice place to work.
crisis staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 27, 2017
Community Mental Health giving consumers a choice in their mental health services.
LPN my position.
Work days were busy on this crisis unit.
Co-workers were enjoyable & hard working.
Most enjoyable part working with consumers to achieve their optimum potentials.
Pros
Pleasant company to work for.
Cons
Supervisor not always available or on site at our facility.
Solid agency with healthy culture
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Evergreen, CO 80439February 25, 2017
I enjoy working for JCMH and can say that there is a healthy culture and solid teams and experience within the agency.
Respect, interest in individual employees and their needs and facilitating training is valued here to provide the best care for clients.
Wonderful staff that truly care about clients
Can't tell you... (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 4, 2017
Staff at JCMH truly care about clients. Immediate supervisors/managers are great, but the top doesn't really know what is necessary. I have an example, but cannot explain, as it would compromise my identity.
I love working here though and believe in what they are doing. JCMH also gives out cost-of-living raises regardless if they can offer real raises because they do care about their employees.
If positions are eliminated they will find a place for you to work in another location/job, doing their best not to put anyone out of a job! Fabulous company that I highly recommend!
Pros
Company cares about workers & staff cares about clients
Cons
Top level bosses disconnected with reality of bottom
Review
Navigation assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COSeptember 5, 2016
It's good place to work not to bad the management can use some work. The clients are great . The staff can improve a lot with in the company and how the people communicate with eachother
Lot of things offered for a non-proft; takes care of employees & clients
Professional (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJuly 8, 2016
I have worked in many organizations in my career and Jefferson Center provides many things for profit organizations don't. Generous benefit offerings that are better than some larger organizations. They offer a voluntary Wellness program that matches to the culture of whole wellness for clients and staff and has about 80% participation rate (unheard of). While salaries are not high, they are competitive and it is about the work we do. The culture is really supportive of a work/life balance and wellness. People say hello to you who you don't know..love that.

The company really tries hard to do what is right for our clients/community, employees and is financially responsible so we can continue to provide the quality services we offer. It is a difficult to balance these items and I respect an organization that takes such care to listen and act on these difficult and compelling areas.
Pros
Strong culture and living the mission
Cons
Challenging to make change to keep up with market
Mgnt. uses whip vs carrot.
Licensed Therapist (Former Employee) –  Inside facility - all throughout.April 13, 2016
Therapists have little backup/support from mgnt. Training for staff is almost nil, and the less education required for a position, the less training they get. Scheduling is grueling - literally wears staff down, makes them ill.
Upper mgnt. make it clear that they do not give rat's patooty re staff complaints. In fact when staff express any discontent, mgnt. threaten their jobs.
ALL research in this area have findings (re this type of labor relations) that predict serious problems directly related to poor relations.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Most the meals taste like crud.
great place to work, pay/compensation is low
Internship-Access/Emergency (Former Employee) –  Independence St, Wheat Ridge, COSeptember 30, 2015
Jefferson Center for Mental Health is a great place to work. Teams are close and interact well within the team. There is many various trainings offered regularly that is free. Pay is low, such as you would expect at a non-profit.
Great workplace
Senior Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 19, 2015
I really enjoy working for JCMH. There is great staff, possibilities for growth, and education opportunities. It is awesome taking care of people who really need help.
Pros
awesome staff
Cons
Commute/ low pay
Great place to work.
Mental Health Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COSeptember 3, 2015
Overall great place to work: team support, great co-workers. Pay is not wonderful but the benefits make up for it. Company provides free training and supervision.
Pros
Lots of free training and supervision. Cohesive supportive environment.
Cons
Low pay
Housing coordinator
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJanuary 6, 2015
Help clients manage their housing and treatment goals. Must adhere to guidelines and rules as set by the state of Colorado. It is enjoyable to help end of homelessness by getting clients housed.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
Little compensation, awful manager, no room for job growth
Wonderful place to intern!
School Based Clinician Intern - Elementary School (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 5, 2015
I had a wonderful experience interning there! Great culture and very good at balancing personal life and professional.
Pros
culture
Cons
big company
provided good clinical care
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 10, 2014
I saw 6-8 client groups a day. I often was in touch with the Department of Social Services and provided testimony in the courts.

I liked and got along with co-workers and management.

The work was difficult because there were so many unsolvable problems but when I was able to help, it was extremely gratifying.
Pros
The clients and the staff
Cons
low pay and high job stress
Co Workers
Billing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COSeptember 24, 2014
The staff at Jefferson Center are fantastic and eager to help.
community based mental health social worker
Senior Services Clinician (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COSeptember 14, 2014
I travel to clients' homes to provide mental health treatment.
caring motivated staff with great teamwork
Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJuly 7, 2014
lots of different things to do, supportive team great hours
Check in patients, collect payment do patients intake for gathering insurance, demographic information. Back up for other departments, etc
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood,COMay 28, 2014
Not enough support for my position, secretary gets blamed for every mistake. Not ideal management, one person for many different demands which makes the person doing this look bad cause you can't do everything. But I managed to be pleasant and go beyond my job duties. Watch out for yourself.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
not enough support help, department personnel not adapting to change. Unfairly treated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferson Center for Mental Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2