Jefferson Center for Mental Health

Jefferson Center for Mental Health Employer Reviews

provided good clinical care
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 10, 2014
Pros: the clients and the staff
Cons: low pay and high job stress
I saw 6-8 client groups a day. I often was in touch with the Department of Social Services and provided testimony in the courts.

I liked and got along with co-workers and management.

The work was difficult because there were so many unsolvable problems but when I was able to help, it was extremely gratifying.
Co Workers
Billing Specialist II (Current Employee), Wheat Ridge, COSeptember 24, 2014
The staff at Jefferson Center are fantastic and eager to help.
community based mental health social worker
Senior Services Clinician (Current Employee), Arvada, COSeptember 14, 2014
I travel to clients' homes to provide mental health treatment.
caring motivated staff with great teamwork
Peer Specialist (Current Employee), Wheat Ridge, COJuly 7, 2014
lots of different things to do, supportive team great hours
Check in patients, collect payment do patients intake for gathering insurance, demographic information. Back up for other departments, etc
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Lakewood,COMay 28, 2014
Pros: wonderful clients
Cons: not enough support help, department personnel not adapting to change. unfairly treated
Not enough support for my position, secretary gets blamed for every mistake. Not ideal management, one person for many different demands which makes the person doing this look bad cause you can't do everything. But I managed to be pleasant and go beyond my job duties. Watch out for yourself.
A typical day at The Jefferson Center
Secretary (Current Employee), Lakewood, CONovember 15, 2012
Pros: good working environment, good team, great clients, good benefits
Cons: lack of commuication, more than one person changing their mind on what is to be done, when the project has already been started, and being told by the several different people on how to do things, leading to a bit of confusion in certain areas.
My day usually begins at 7:45am, I print out the schedule for the day for the Doctor, and the schedule for the next day to make reminder calls. Prepare paperwork for our same day access clients that need to be seen and do not have an appointment set up, and review the proper paperwork for them to sign, explain what they are signing and making sure they – more... are seen within an hour. Taking phone calls from clients, positive and negative, collecting co-pays for different programs, revising the schedule for appointments if needed. Scanning if needed. Collecting interoffice mail and routing to the proper person. Taking messages for the nurses when clients need medication refills. Ensuring that our clients get the best customer service possible so they can feel comfortable while waiting for appointment. – less
Lots of responsibility, low pay scale
Manager (Current Employee), Littleton, CONovember 7, 2012
Cons: little time for breaks
Lots to do, little pay. Seldom get a break for lunch or breaks

February 15, 2013

I hope you find a fulfilling job soon! For your sake and those you are managing.