Jefferson Center for Mental Health Employee Reviews in United States

Lot of things offered for a non-proft; takes care of employees & clients
Professional (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJuly 8, 2016
I have worked in many organizations in my career and Jefferson Center provides many things for profit organizations don't. Generous benefit offerings that are better than some larger organizations. They offer a voluntary Wellness program that matches to the culture of whole wellness for clients and staff and has about 80% participation rate (unheard of). While salaries are not high, they are competitive and it is about the work we do. The culture is really supportive of a work/life balance and wellness. People say hello to you who you don't know..love that.

The company really tries hard to do what is right for our clients/community, employees and is financially responsible so we can continue to provide the quality services we offer. It is a difficult to balance these items and I respect an organization that takes such care to listen and act on these difficult and compelling areas.
Pros
Strong culture and living the mission
Cons
Challenging to make change to keep up with market
Mgnt. uses whip vs carrot.
Licensed Therapist (Former Employee) –  Inside facility - all throughout.April 13, 2016
Therapists have little backup/support from mgnt. Training for staff is almost nil, and the less education required for a position, the less training they get. Scheduling is grueling - literally wears staff down, makes them ill.
Upper mgnt. make it clear that they do not give rat's patooty re staff complaints. In fact when staff express any discontent, mgnt. threaten their jobs.
ALL research in this area have findings (re this type of labor relations) that predict serious problems directly related to poor relations.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Most the meals taste like crud.
Great place to work.
Mental Health Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COSeptember 3, 2015
Overall great place to work: team support, great co-workers. Pay is not wonderful but the benefits make up for it. Company provides free training and supervision.
Pros
Lots of free training and supervision. Cohesive supportive environment.
Cons
Low pay
great place to work, pay/compensation is low
Internship-Access/Emergency (Former Employee) –  Independence St, Wheat Ridge, COSeptember 30, 2015
Jefferson Center for Mental Health is a great place to work. Teams are close and interact well within the team. There is many various trainings offered regularly that is free. Pay is low, such as you would expect at a non-profit.
Great workplace
Senior Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 19, 2015
I really enjoy working for JCMH. There is great staff, possibilities for growth, and education opportunities. It is awesome taking care of people who really need help.
Pros
awesome staff
Cons
Commute/ low pay
Wonderful place to intern!
School Based Clinician Intern - Elementary School (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 5, 2015
I had a wonderful experience interning there! Great culture and very good at balancing personal life and professional.
Pros
culture
Cons
big company
provided good clinical care
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 10, 2014
I saw 6-8 client groups a day. I often was in touch with the Department of Social Services and provided testimony in the courts.

I liked and got along with co-workers and management.

The work was difficult because there were so many unsolvable problems but when I was able to help, it was extremely gratifying.
Pros
the clients and the staff
Cons
low pay and high job stress
A typical day at The Jefferson Center
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 15, 2012
My day usually begins at 7:45am, I print out the schedule for the day for the Doctor, and the schedule for the next day to make reminder calls. Prepare paperwork for our same day access clients that need to be seen and do not have an appointment set up, and review the proper paperwork for them to sign, explain what they are signing and making sure they are seen within an hour. Taking phone calls from clients, positive and negative, collecting co-pays for different programs, revising the schedule for appointments if needed. Scanning if needed. Collecting interoffice mail and routing to the proper person. Taking messages for the nurses when clients need medication refills. Ensuring that our clients get the best customer service possible so they can feel comfortable while waiting for appointment.
Pros
good working environment, good team, great clients, good benefits
Cons
lack of commuication, more than one person changing their mind on what is to be done, when the project has already been started, and being told by the several different people on how to do things, leading to a bit of confusion in certain areas.
Housing coordinator
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJanuary 6, 2015
Help clients manage their housing and treatment goals. Must adhere to guidelines and rules as set by the state of Colorado. It is enjoyable to help end of homelessness by getting clients housed.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
little compensation, awful manager, no room for job growth
a typical day at work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 4, 2013
Was very difficult due to very little staff, generally by yourself dealing with anywhere from 100 or more clients calling or coming in.

Always short staffed, very little accountability and as a Secretary no protection if a mistake is made by other staff.
Cons
no lunch break away from the desk if alone, no back up
Lots of responsibility, low pay scale
Manager (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 7, 2012
Lots to do, little pay. Seldom get a break for lunch or breaks
Cons
little time for breaks
community based mental health social worker
Senior Services Clinician (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COSeptember 14, 2014
I travel to clients' homes to provide mental health treatment.
Co Workers
Billing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COSeptember 24, 2014
The staff at Jefferson Center are fantastic and eager to help.
caring motivated staff with great teamwork
Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJuly 7, 2014
lots of different things to do, supportive team great hours

Jefferson Center for Mental Health Reviews by Job Title