Jefferson Community College Employee Reviews

Nice company to work for
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2016
I liked working at the college. Nice people and work enviroment. Their work is to help students improve themselves, makes you feel like your making a difference in peoples lives.
Pros
Friendly enviroment to work in
Cons
Very nice place to work. Would never leave if I had a choice.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYMay 3, 2016
I had a great time as a Student Leader with Jefferson Community College. All of my coworkers and supervisors were amazing.
Volunteer Position
Unpaid volunteer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, MOApril 7, 2016
Unpaid Volunteer position allows the worker to build valuable skills by working with the physically/ mentally disabled. This position allows the worker to acquire experience.
bad pay over worked
1st shift supervior/assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 4, 2015
I did receipts and office work and was also first shift lead of EVS and I wasn't even making $10.00 my boss did work with me my husband got cancer he let me leave work to go his radiation treatments and not use any of my time but he was also very rude and would cuss at me sometimes if you are going to work for this company do not work in EVS you will never advance or make any money but big pro is if you work there fulltime they will pay for you to take classes and will work with your schedule I regret not taking the opportunity when I worked there.
Pros
freindly peolpe awesome work scedule
Cons
horrible pay
Great Atmosphere to work in!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYSeptember 21, 2015
Jefferson Community College made it very easy and fun to work. Co-workers and management are all friendly. I would recommend Jefferson Community College to my peers.
Community college environment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 31, 2015
Nice environment to teach in. Administration works with adjuncts to schedule classes with some degree of flexibility. No job security.
Pros
Flexibility in subject presentation
Cons
healthcare
productive and great environment
security officer (Former Employee) –  watertown, nyAugust 4, 2015
fun work place with supportive management. you definitely learn new knowledgable techniques for the required field. definitely had a chance to grow within my career choice. it was very fun working and meeting new people. This company gave me the opportunity to grow as a woman and as a associate in the work force.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
no room for growth beyond within company
Seasonal and Fun
Student Service Services Program (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 6, 2015
The Student Support Services are an excellent program for incoming students that allow you to feel more comfortable entering college. The staff are very professional and about helping others.
Pros
All pros no Cons
Cons
All pros no Cons
Fantastic Opportunity!
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYMarch 6, 2015
Working as a student manager was one of the most exciting experiences I have had in the work force. This position touched on so many areas of different things to learn that apply to everyday life. I learned how to work with a team to represent a given population, attend meetings in a professional setting, conduct and organize public events, and budget.
Pros
Huge involvement in student activities and the community.
Cons
No benefits
I had the best tiem ever at JCC. I would still be there if they offered benedits
Division Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2015
JCC observes all the holidays and it real relaxed on Fridays and the summer. Some of the students were dumb but staff was great.
Great organization
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Watertown NYJanuary 27, 2015
I worked as an adjunct professor for one sememster and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Great atmosphere and learning experience. I received great reviews from my students. the atmosphere ws relaxed and open.
Great place to start/finish your education
Graphic artist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2014
The professors were very professional in the classes I took. I did not know when I first went to JCC that it would provide as good of an experience as a university, but I was very satisfied with the class layouts and the attention to detail in all classes. It was difficult and challenging as one might expect from higher education.
Pros
Good professors
Cons
Sometimes a little too much information
This was a student job while going to college
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYMay 13, 2014
This job was only about 6-10 hrs. a week for added cash while going to college, It was good for showing leadership and responsibility. The job was very versatile and required organizational skills that reflected a balance between the job, school and home.
Pros
Extra cash while working towards a degree
Cons
No extra time
Great Job
Technical Specialist for the STAR Program (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYApril 15, 2014
Loved the job and the staff with no complaints. i loved working with the students and faculty.
Pros
N/A
Worked in Veteran's finacial aide
Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYMarch 30, 2014
Great place to work, many friendly people and the facilities are nice
Pros
flexible hours, diversty
Low Pay, but Great Intrinsic Value
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOFebruary 27, 2014
Essentially, your role is to help students in various subjects that you have successfully passed. You manage your meetings and them once a week to receive payment.
great school
LPN to RN program (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 22, 2013
Taking campus and online programs for my LPN to RN degree.
I have had an excellent experience so far with admissions and course teachers. Going back to college is difficult and rewarding.
Pros
Great support system
Cons
Some courses require you to have access to Word 2013
great
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 9, 2013
sign in pick up supplies go to assigned area empty trash vacuum dust clean windows and door clean restrooms maintain floors
Great personal Touch - Forward Thinking
Sr Account Clerk/Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYNovember 30, 2012
Faculty and Staff alike are wonderful! They are knowledgeable, helpful, in-touch.
I can go in early to get organized, settled, before the day begins, this is important to me. The management that I have worked with are very professional and personal too. My co-workers are so very friendly, also very knowledgeable. The hardest part of my job is the occasional lack of communication. The most enjoyable part of my job is the autonomy that I have doing my job.
Pros
free workout facility, healthcare, benefits, the academic atmosphere
Cons
disconnect at times
Organized workplace quiet lovely people
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 27, 2012
Love the environment very quiet, well organized office! Loved the people! Work was quite amusing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferson Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3