Jefferson Community College Employee Reviews

Great place
Professor (Current Employee) –  Louisville KYOctober 6, 2017
Great place to work. Nice people and great work environment. I receive good faculty support. Also, I like the interaction with students online. Good IT support.
A great experience for a college student!
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 28, 2017
I tutor at JCC and love working with those in the tutor center! This has been a good experience for me especially as I advance in college. This will be my second year tutoring and I'm really looking forward to it.
Pros
Flexible, good experience for the future
Cons
I wish I could work more hours in what I do
Sports Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 24, 2017
This work place was full of people with great energy and good work ethic. It was easy for us to be very productive with such ease. It was a great enviroment and flexible to work with
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Part time tutor
Biological Sciences Department Tutor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 14, 2017
I loved my time at JCC as a student and a tutor. I learned so much from the faculty and gained the confidence I needed as a young college student to shoot for the stars. I was an amazing start to my academic career.
a lot of fun and great way to help people
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 11, 2017
I was a tutor in Spanish, math and reading. I was able to help people who were frustrated with these courses, particularly math. Two of the students had to drop the course before in order to avoid a bad grade and I helped them get B's. It was neat to see their confidence change as I showed them how to understand it easier. I showed them how to study more productively and I'll never forget seeing this one kid sitting outside the room before the exam, reviewing his notes before he went in. He was intently concentrating yet not nervous. Tutoring has some cool benefits above and beyond the pay scale.
Pros
help people in need
Cons
low pay and few hours
Love Students
Learning Skills Specialist (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYJuly 12, 2017
Things at times maybe hard due to too many hands in he pot. But I love working with students. And there is no real leadership and no decision making,
Advancement workplace
security team member writing tickets (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJune 16, 2017
During my time with this job, I learned how to be diligent in writing tickets and pay attention to detail. The workplace was mostly outside and it was cold most of the time or snowing. I enjoyed being able to learn a new skill in the workforce since I am always wanting to learn new things.
Pros
Job education
Supportive Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJune 1, 2017
The work was basic filing and other duties needed finished in the office. The organization taught me to keep everything in order. I would also help the secretary. The management was supportive and willing to help. The filing had some complexity due to different areas. It was the perfect job for work study.
Pros
good management
Cons
limited hours
College coaching job
Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYSeptember 27, 2016
I worked as a volunteer coach at JCC, was a great work environment. Athletic department works very close together, travel is not all that bad just in the state for games. Overall great experience working with great people.
Nice company to work for
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2016
I liked working at the college. Nice people and work enviroment. Their work is to help students improve themselves, makes you feel like your making a difference in peoples lives.
Pros
Friendly enviroment to work in
Cons
Very nice place to work. Would never leave if I had a choice.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYMay 3, 2016
I had a great time as a Student Leader with Jefferson Community College. All of my coworkers and supervisors were amazing.
Volunteer Position
Unpaid volunteer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, MOApril 7, 2016
Unpaid Volunteer position allows the worker to build valuable skills by working with the physically/ mentally disabled. This position allows the worker to acquire experience.
bad pay over worked
1st shift supervior/assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 4, 2015
I did receipts and office work and was also first shift lead of EVS and I wasn't even making $10.00 my boss did work with me my husband got cancer he let me leave work to go his radiation treatments and not use any of my time but he was also very rude and would cuss at me sometimes if you are going to work for this company do not work in EVS you will never advance or make any money but big pro is if you work there fulltime they will pay for you to take classes and will work with your schedule I regret not taking the opportunity when I worked there.
Pros
freindly peolpe awesome work scedule
Cons
horrible pay
Great Atmosphere to work in!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYSeptember 21, 2015
Jefferson Community College made it very easy and fun to work. Co-workers and management are all friendly. I would recommend Jefferson Community College to my peers.
Community college environment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 31, 2015
Nice environment to teach in. Administration works with adjuncts to schedule classes with some degree of flexibility. No job security.
Pros
Flexibility in subject presentation
Cons
healthcare
productive and great environment
security officer (Former Employee) –  watertown, nyAugust 4, 2015
fun work place with supportive management. you definitely learn new knowledgable techniques for the required field. definitely had a chance to grow within my career choice. it was very fun working and meeting new people. This company gave me the opportunity to grow as a woman and as a associate in the work force.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
no room for growth beyond within company
Seasonal and Fun
Student Service Services Program (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 6, 2015
The Student Support Services are an excellent program for incoming students that allow you to feel more comfortable entering college. The staff are very professional and about helping others.
Pros
All pros no Cons
Cons
All pros no Cons
Fantastic Opportunity!
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYMarch 6, 2015
Working as a student manager was one of the most exciting experiences I have had in the work force. This position touched on so many areas of different things to learn that apply to everyday life. I learned how to work with a team to represent a given population, attend meetings in a professional setting, conduct and organize public events, and budget.
Pros
Huge involvement in student activities and the community.
Cons
No benefits
I had the best tiem ever at JCC. I would still be there if they offered benedits
Division Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2015
JCC observes all the holidays and it real relaxed on Fridays and the summer. Some of the students were dumb but staff was great.
Great organization
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Watertown NYJanuary 27, 2015
I worked as an adjunct professor for one sememster and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Great atmosphere and learning experience. I received great reviews from my students. the atmosphere ws relaxed and open.