Jefferson County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2017
JCPS is a great place to work! I have learned a lot and look forward to applying it in my future endeavors. The management is great, the people are great to work with and the school administrators do what they can to help you. The pay is ok and its difficult to have to find a job just for the summer.
Pros
people, management
Cons
pay and too much time off which is difficult on bills
school building
Paraprofessional and bus monitor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 19, 2017
I loved the students and the opportunity to meet different teachers with different levels of education and experience. Learned so much from them that I took into my role as a professional nanny.
Pros
free lunch and great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Work atmosphere
Department Chair for Arts (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 14, 2017
Like the previous review, I enjoyed working at JCPS. My job was varied and I had different responsibilities but what I liked the most was teaching and interacting with the students on a daily basis.
Very great place to work for and i love working with kids, place of work was like family.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 13, 2017
Working for JCPS, was a great experience for me because I was during daycare @ my home,but when I applied for JCPS I started out as a bus monitor and worked up to be teacher assistant in class room I enjoy my job. Then I had health issues,but I'm ready to go back to
work, left on Good standing grounds.
Very stressful
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 5, 2017
Job requires transport of students to and from school but route can change consistently from day to day with new students and having to drive others routes.
A fun and productive workplace where you can meet new friends everyday.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 25, 2017
A great place to make friends and meet interesting people and everyday is a different day its like the saying "different strokes for different folks" fun everyday as well...
Taught students
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 22, 2017
I provided a safe learning environment in the absence of the regular teacher. I was able to continue the students learning and be a valuable part in the classroom.
Pros
I could make my own schedule
Cons
I went to a different place everyday
Good Place Overall
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Van HooseFebruary 22, 2017
During my time there, it was a good experience, though some of the management could be, a bit out there. Indecisive, not sure of what was coming from one day to the next. Employees were friendly, easy to get along with. Summer cleaning, moving class rooms and offices.
Pros
Benifits and the ability to work on your own and at your own speed.
Cons
Shift times could be cumbersome.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 21, 2017
Jefferson County schools is a good place to work. The major holidays are paid and the time off is good especially when you have small children.
Generally a solid workplace depending on the school.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 19, 2017
JCPS is definitely a crapshoot in a lot of ways. How you feel about the job is going to depend on what school you land at. There are fantastic places to work within JCPS, but they are rare.
Pros
Youth interaction and development.
Cons
Poor organization and discipline.
This district does not value or respect students with disabilities, particularly students who are Deaf!
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  WheaFebruary 6, 2017
I moved across two states to be employed with Jeffco and my experience in teaching there was a complete nightmare! Not because of the students but because of the horrible administration and how they negatively treat their employees!
Pros
Cons
No leadership, total lack of concern for special education students, treats SpecialEd teachers badly
Positive and fun educational enviornment
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 3, 2017
I have enjoyed a wonderful career with JCPS, working with wonderful people! Working for Jefferson County Public schools has allowed me the flexibility I need to work and support my family!
Great work environment!
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 30, 2017
If you love working with kids you will love this job. Every school is different, but my experience has been great with each of my schools. The district works very hard to provide current training and support to SLPs. I have had a good experience at Jeffco.
Able to work same hours as my childrens school hours
Autism Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2017
Jefferson County Public Schools was a good job to have for a part time position with hours the same as my childrens school hours. Excellent opportunity.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 21, 2016
A great company to work for, I just wish I would get compensated more. Besides the pay everything is what I thought it would be. It's a struggle some days but those kids cheer me up and keep me motivated to give my all everyday.
Fun place to work
Para Professional (Current Employee) –  Arvada, CODecember 10, 2016
Loved helping and working with the kids. My passion is to help the ones in need. Understanding, fun, and I really Don't have too many complaints! :)
Pros
kids are great
Cons
salary
No day is every the same our Children is the future and I enjoy helping them work through issues.
Success Coach (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2016
I enjoy helping our Children work through their difficult times. If I only make a difference in one child's life I would feel as if I done my job!
Flexible work environment
Assistant Debate Coach (Current Employee) –  Golden, CODecember 6, 2016
Great work environment with teachers and staff. Fulfilling job working with high school students. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the advancements and improvements my students made.
trust is an issue with administration
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2016
When I first began teaching 18 years ago, I thought things would have to get better if we wanted to successfully educate children. However, it has not only NOT gotten better, it seems that the administration is only interested in collecting data to give the appearance that children are being educated. Learning takes a back seat to image. This applies to students and teachers. If you are truly interested in educating our youth avoid the bureaucracy and cronyism that has permeated this district! I am truly heartbroken by the seemingly lack of interest and concern when it comes to our children's education.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work life balance, bureaucracy, poor communication and project management
Nice atmosphere and love the children
Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Teacher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2016
Meet and greet the students. Provide instructional time during small and large group.

I learned all children learn differently and in that your instruction shall be different to meet the needs of the children.

Management is good.

Co-worker are okay.

It's not enough time in the day to get all your paper work done, so I have to take it home.

Is when I see the smile on the children faces.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Lunch, and Snack is provided to the children.
Cons
Not enough hours in a day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferson County Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.