Jefferson County Public Schools Employee Reviews

fun, interesting
REACH CORPS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2018
I love where I work. The staff is great, the collaboration between departments and management is wonderful. I was new to this part of social services and they made me feel very welcome. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help a student or a family that is in need.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
retirement
always engaged on job
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 9, 2018
Great place to work for a bus driver. Excellent benefits and good wages. Environment can be stressful but always challenging, never boring. Only work 185 days a year so it is a plus but also a minus in the annual income department.
Pros
benefits only 185 day/yr working
Cons
185 days/yr working
Relaxed workplace but poor pay
ECE Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 4, 2018
I really enjoyed my time with JCPS. I made some close friendships with coworkers and developed strong bonds with the students I had the privilege of working with. I will say that as a college graduate possessing a bachelors degree, I feel as if the pay was very low and almost impossible to live off of without getting a second form of employment. I learned to be flexible, that communication in a workplace is vital, and transparency is key to a happy healthy work life.
Pros
Good work hours, weekends off
Cons
Low pay
Caused health problems.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 1, 2018
It all depends on the principal and admin. I worked at one of the lowest schools in the district where the principal was new and young and didn't support the teachers at all. AP wasn't any better. But, who else is going to go to a school with the lowest scores anyway? Kids ran the school; expectations very low with no real accountability. I feel like the school was run with an attitude of "these kids have been through a lot in their young lives," so we have to consider that. They had been through a lot but not holding them or parents accountable for major behavior issues, only enables further poor behavior. Not enough resources...human bodies to help. Teachers in at least 2 meetings per week, sometimes three. Too data driven.
Pros
Summers, Spring break, benefits
Cons
Highly stressful, no personal life no voice, loads of paperwork, unrealistic expectations from admin and district, feeling helpless and devalued.
Great district.
Special education teacher (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COFebruary 1, 2018
Excellent school district, positive teamwork atmosphere. Co-workers are very dedicated people who genuinely care about students. Good leadership with our administrators.
Pros
Atmosphere, collaboration with peers, positive culture
bureacracy
Community Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 31, 2018
the school system is unsurprisingly a huge bureaucracy. change is slow, and there is a lack of incentive to be innovative. there are many challenges students face, which do not receive the attention they need.
Jcps
ECE Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jeffersontiwn,, KYJanuary 26, 2018
IF you love with a lot of children JCPS is the place for you. JCPs for the employees 2-3 months of vacation time and you will get paid. JCPS is a great to work
Great opportunity for a student. I was grateful for the opportunity.
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 16, 2018
It was awesome, the staff was fun friendly and gave me lots of food. This also gave Mr the interest in serving others. This was my second job actually and the schedule was perfect seeing as I was a teenage parent.
I enjoy working and learning at the same time.
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 13, 2018
I Monitored Children on the School Bus and taught them in the classroom. I enjoy learning from the Children and Teaching them as well. The staff was difficult to work with. It seemed like I was trying to interfere with their program. I worked with other Teachers who were only there for a pay check. They did not care about the Children.
Pros
I have always enjoyed learning and teaching.
Cons
The pay check was more of a concern for my co-workers.
Fun and exciting
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 11, 2018
JCPS is a great school district. The pay is good and the people are wonderful. I regret leaving looking back. The work wasn't easy but it was very rewarding.
Pros
Enjoyable, and well paid
Cons
Hard work

Want to know more about Jefferson County Public Schools?

Ask a question
Home School Coordinator
Home School Coordinator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2018
My job was educating and mainstreaming above and below averaged high school students. I provided current holiday activities, invited guest speakers concerning current events and topics to educate students about diversified issues in their lifestyles.
Pros
I loved my students from 9th to 12th grades in high school.
Cons
The salary was too low.
N/a
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 3, 2018
The work that is expected does not always reflect in your pay. The average day is hectic and stressful most of the time. The system is so screwed up that the youth slide through the cracks.
Great District
Dance Coach/Para Educator/Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CO; Littleton, CO; Golden, CODecember 31, 2017
I started at Jeffco Schools as a coach then as a paraprofessional. As I moved along with my education I always choose Jeffco Schools to obtain my field experience hours. I loved working for Jeffco, and I loved the people that I worked with. It is a great district!
review jcps
Security Officer Highland Middle School (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2017
Its just like any job it has its good days and then it has its bad days.Just continue to build positive relationships with the students and co workers.Great benefits and summers off!
Substitue Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 17, 2017
The environment is ever changing due to working at different schools. The administration is helpful to employees. The workplace is adaptable. The end
It wasn't about the kids.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 14, 2017
Working for this company was not what I expected teaching to be like. I wanted to help kids. I wanted to teach science. Instead what I ended up doing was trying to keep the kids under control with little to no backing from the administration. When children refused to do any work and were on path to fail, I was told to pass them anyway so the paperwork would be less.
Jeffco Schools
Literacy Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 1, 2017
I loved working in Jeffco. I miss the children and collaborating with my colleagues. It was an incredible experience where I got to teach children. I consider teaching to be my privilege.
Just okay great beneifts
Administrative Assistant/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2017
Working for Jcps has been an adventure. Benefits are great but it some of their processes for hire don’t make any sense at times. I don’t agree with everything the board decides, but i do appreciate each and every person I work with. Just don’t see much of a window for growth here.
Wont back their drivers
Bus Driver Trainer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 20, 2017
Wont back their Bus drivers, the kids run the show and they are dangerous. Too much favoritism though its a union job. A lot of drama between the drivers can get out of hand and ridiculous. enough said.
Great people who are unsupported in their jobs
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 20, 2017
A great place to work if you are a teacher or administrator. No advancement for those who are classified employees. Too much focus on the test scores and less on how we can really make a difference. No recognition if you are not certified.