JEFFERSON COUNTY Employee Reviews

Great organization to be a part of.
County Wide Co-Leader (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, WIJanuary 2, 2017
Volunteering your time and talents is a great way to meet people and make a difference in kids lives. I love seeing kids that have struggled with their dog finally master the problem.
Pros
Kids and Dogs!
Cons
Can't think of any!
Great place
Pet/House Sitter (Former Employee) –  Jefferson County, NYDecember 21, 2016
Jefferson county is a beautiful place to live and work, lived there most of my life before moving to Leavenworth Kansas.
Great position wonderful clients
Business Developer (Former Employee) –  Monticello, FLAugust 14, 2016
Great position. I was able to help 36 businesses secure about 3 million in funding. I had 213 clients in 15 months. I quit this position because one commissioner wanted the name of every client and she wanted all inside information about every funded client.
Pros
Wonderful location great clients
Cons
Terrible commisioner.
Productive and not a fun work place
Archives Clerk (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 24, 2016
Very monotonous, long and boring most enjoyable part is leaving at the end of the day. its very dissatisfying. I don't really enjoy it.
Pros
nonne
Cons
low pay no benefits
overall is a decent company just not my style. i like to be up and moving vs sitting down all the time
911 Call Taker (Current Employee) –  Center Point, ALMarch 14, 2016
I love the people I work with at this company, although I do not care about some of the people I work for.
I never have a typical day at work its always something different. Different calls, location, types of calls, people.
the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that you helped save someone's life or assisted them in getting the help they needed.
Pros
good people gre
Cons
always on call, poor management
Public job, public attitudes
Employee (Current Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 10, 2016
Job security very high, politics influential in day to day activities, CYA attitude pervades in management and little training is provided.
services to juvenile offenders
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 18, 2015
This was a good entry level PA job offering some clinical and management experience. The clientele were somewhat difficult at times.
Pros
good entry level job working with great MD
Cons
clientele were difficult
enjoyed position, learned much and achieved CDL
Traffic Signal Technician (Former Employee) –  Tarrant, ALNovember 4, 2015
I enjoyed working there and I was able to travel the entire county area building new traffic light intersections and repairing old intersections. Learned to operate different size bucket trucks. Put in telegram poles and worked with different levels of power voltage.
Productive and exciting place to work
Pre-trial Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 24, 2015
There is never a dull moment at the Jefferson County Pretrial offices. I work in the Louisville Metro department of Corrections so I get to interact with all types of individuals on a daily basis. A typical night at work would involve interviewing defendants to find out about their background, education, employment, finances and alcohol and drug abuse are or have been before their first appearance in court.
I run criminal history checks, review records and other useful information in order to help the defendant get a bond set or get released on their own recognizance until court.
I have very nice coworkers that are easy to get along with and make my job fun.
Pros
Health benefits, take breaks as we have time.
Cons
Environment
Great place to be!
SPED/ERC Teacher (Current Employee) –  JCMSJanuary 12, 2015
I enjoy working for this district. It is full of wonderful people who work very hard for students.
Pros
Great staff and students!
Cons
To far from the ocean!
Good Place
Animal Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYOctober 14, 2014
Good place to work,but almost no chance for advancement.If you enjoy animals and a awesome adoption rate its a okay place to work.
Flexible Schdule
Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  St. LouisSeptember 3, 2014
Do hearing tests on newborn babies.
Take appointments
Fax, file, and document procedure results.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
No benefits, pay is low
Tutored for 11 years
Tutor, Freelance (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AlabamaJuly 21, 2014
As a tutor, I made my own schedule and found my own clients. I used to love that part of the job. I chose when and where the tutoring would take place, and I specified what activities I would do with each child. Most times, I tutored in math from Kindergarten up through Pre-Algebra. I enjoyed seeing the "light bulb" come on when a client would finally understand how to manipulate a problem or figure out a formula. Tutoring was absolutely life-changing for me because I met so many people and helped so many children with a subject that is necessary for life!
Jefferson County 911 summary
Public Safety Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Kearneysville, WVJune 15, 2014
There is never a normal day of work. There is so many things that can happen in a normal shift. There could be nothing going on or several calls for service. Management is weak and doesn't care about there workers. They only want to hear about anything from supervisors. The co-workers can be annoying and can cause issues among the employees. There are several different "eras" of workers from new people who just started who want to change and there are older employees who just want to stay with the past and not express any move towards the future.
Pros
Feeling of making a difference
Cons
Co-workers, management, no room for advancement
politics plan to great of role in deision making,
Public Works Director (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 15, 2014
not enough emphasise on management by objective, generally conmpetant co-workers, hardest part of job was working closely with elected officials
Pros
good work/personal life balance
Cons
constant stress of polical pressure
excellent communication skills a must
4-H Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 27, 2013
variety of skills needed, frequent daily changes, many documents to be filled out and changes to them frequently, work locations change, must be flexible and adapt to change, co workers are sometimes difficult and moody, must work with untrained volunteers,
Pros
on job training
Cons
short to no breaks, overtime required many times without prior notification
Jefferson County
Accounts Receivable Clerk/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 15, 2013
I did accounts receivable and provided customer service to people getting food stamps, bus tokens, or gift cards for things needed. It was very busy alot of time.
Pros
Kept busy
a place where you stay busy from time you clock in until you leave
Food Service Assistant & Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 9, 2013
My job wasn't a hard job. I did enjoyed my job. I work for 7 years until I were lay off. The County sold the building.
Pros
I did eat free by working in the dietary.
Cons
Great benefits and Pension
Its always rewarding helping the sick
Communications Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 8, 2013
Working in this position was enjoyable,it was demanding sometimes,but i liked the work i did.I feel i made a difference each day in some one's life.I learned to appreciate life.Management was poor and some time in every body life but theirs.if you was not in this click you didn't stay there very long.sad but true.the hard part was keeping to your self and staying out of mess.I really enjoyed being there for those I had a chance to pray for in their of need.maybe i was put there for a season to do that.
Pros
there were many helped with the service that was offered.
Educational work enivornment
Cooper Green (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 29, 2013
My typical day was always busy and interesting and the manager was wonderful. The co-workers was helpful and wonderful team players. There was no hard part of my job, only busy. Now there was times that it was challenging because as a clerk you can work under a lot of stress coming from the nurses but you have to understand that it is not you but the situation at hand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JEFFERSON COUNTY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9