JEFFERSON COUNTY Employee Reviews

Jefferson County as an employer
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 26, 2017
Depends on what department you are in. There are so many staff in the older generation that are putting off retirement as the benefits are such an incentive. This creates an environment of a lot of historical knowledge but lack advancement and less competitive pay.
Pros
Advancement opportunities within JeffC as a whole not just one department
Cons
Political and aging workforce creates difficulties
Active Enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALSeptember 8, 2017
The office is very active, especially during our tax season. We serve thousands of tax payers every year, providing assistance as it relates to real property and personal property.
No Support and work in constant fear
History Teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 7, 2017
As a teacher, I did not work in a great school. I accepted that from day 1. However, the administratiors used fear as a motivation and did not help new teachers. No duties were relieved for new teachers and the principals scored teachers low on annual reviews so that they could boast growth in the future. Dishonest administration that creates a culture of harsh words and little follow-through for the kids, meaning every word you say becomes less powerful and effective.
Pros
Sick leave, summers, compensation, benefits
Cons
long days, little help, harsh administration
Work was very slow just a small county
Building Permit Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madras, ORAugust 27, 2017
I took on work that was way above my class. I managed to obtain the State of Oregon Electrical Program from the State of Oregon for Jefferson County. The Inspector that I assisted in hiring and vetting is now the Director there. Started at the bottom and worked my way up to Technician Supervisor I assisted in hiring three employees that are still employed there. I still miss people I worked with in that office.
Pros
Lots of challenges working as the Supervisor
Cons
Took Payroll home everyday month just not enough alone time to get it done at work.
hard work
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 24, 2017
long tiring days but was treated fairly as i was the only female in a group of about 10 guys management was pretty laid back as long as we did our tasks given to us and everything was finished in timely manor was granted lunch and personal breaks whenever needed able to make our own scedules and work as much or as little as needed
Very Small Office
Building Permit Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madras, ORAugust 22, 2017
Enjoyed being responsible for just myself, when it came to being a supervisor you are forced to deal with the everyday drama, that I did not enjoy. People can make up the craziest excuses for not coming to work.
Pros
Enjoyed interacting with the powers that be in Planning Meetings
Cons
I ended up taking payroll home every month.
Good job
correctional officer (Former Employee) –  Waurika, OKAugust 3, 2017
This was a great job until found out some of the officers was bringing in stuff and ur manager would follow u around like he was stalking . Even on ur days off
Fast paced, productive and fun
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 1, 2017
I enjoyed working at Jefferson County. I only left due to Marriage and relocation. Co workers were very personable and professional as well as caring. Work environment was professional and pleasant.
Boring workplace; very slow paced
Deputy Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJuly 24, 2017
I sit for hours waiting for something to do. I like to be busy and this is too slow for me. The job isn't bad at all it's just not enough work to get you through the day which makes the time go by slow.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Not interesting enough to keep your attention
Relaxing job to learn a variety of technical skills
IT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, KSJuly 11, 2017
A very wide range of different technical skills you can learn from phones, pc's, desktops, servers, switches, all the way to software. Very helpful with learning new skills and understanding of your personal life.
Custoadial
Custodian/Head Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 15, 2017
Cleaning and maintaining a school building.
I learned time management skills as well as supervisor skills.
The atmosphere among articulation areas is great!
Hardest part, tightening toilets seats.
Challenging.
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Jefferson county ColoradoApril 27, 2017
Working for Jefferson county probation has been challenging and satisfying. They do offer flexible hours. Work place culture can be challenging. Hardest part of the job is when a client does not succeed under your supervision. Most enjoyable is working with the client.
Pros
M-F hours.
Cons
Pay increases are few.
Good working enviornment
Technical Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 28, 2017
The group of people I work with, and they are very knowledgeable and great attitudes. It is a fast paced enviornment alway changing due to technology.There is opportunity for advancement and additional taining and learnig.
Benefits
Long Hours
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, MOFebruary 15, 2017
Jefferson county is a very busy department, long hours and lots of court dates. the other fall back is getting paid ounce a month. great people to work with, and equipment was provided.
Great organization to be a part of.
County Wide Co-Leader (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, WIJanuary 2, 2017
Volunteering your time and talents is a great way to meet people and make a difference in kids lives. I love seeing kids that have struggled with their dog finally master the problem.
Pros
Kids and Dogs!
Cons
Can't think of any!
Great place
Pet/House Sitter (Former Employee) –  Jefferson County, NYDecember 21, 2016
Jefferson county is a beautiful place to live and work, lived there most of my life before moving to Leavenworth Kansas.
Great position wonderful clients
Business Developer (Former Employee) –  Monticello, FLAugust 14, 2016
Great position. I was able to help 36 businesses secure about 3 million in funding. I had 213 clients in 15 months. I quit this position because one commissioner wanted the name of every client and she wanted all inside information about every funded client.
Pros
Wonderful location great clients
Cons
Terrible commisioner.
Productive and not a fun work place
Archives Clerk (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 24, 2016
Very monotonous, long and boring most enjoyable part is leaving at the end of the day. its very dissatisfying. I don't really enjoy it.
Pros
nonne
Cons
low pay no benefits
Interdepartmental Challenge
Planner III, Planning and Zoning Department (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJune 5, 2016
The current planning effort was undergoing change and evolving to how best to serve the community while still complying with the regulations in effect and working together to achieve consistency in approach to new and emerging issues in the mountains and plains…Working through how best to serve many masters was difficult…the public had to be served and outreach was critical to the effort.
overall is a decent company just not my style. i like to be up and moving vs sitting down all the time
911 Call Taker (Current Employee) –  Center Point, ALMarch 14, 2016
I love the people I work with at this company, although I do not care about some of the people I work for.
I never have a typical day at work its always something different. Different calls, location, types of calls, people.
the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that you helped save someone's life or assisted them in getting the help they needed.
Pros
good people gre
Cons
always on call, poor management