Jefferson Dental Clinics Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very busy office and got the required experience.
Front Desk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 15, 2014
Would go in either admit, dismiss patients or verify insurances for 2 days ahead. Take copays and give new patients forms that were required to fill out. Create patient on Dentech and create chart for patient. Fill out ledger and treatment that the patient was getting done for that appointment. Briefly tell the patient all the treatment that was going to be done. Pass patients back to the back. When Doctor was done with treatment I would dismiss patient and give them post op instructions. If patient still had not paid copay I would collect before patient would leave office. If that day I was verifying for the day, I would pull charts for 2 days and separate charts depending on what insurance the patient had. Once I had that done, I would call several different insurance companies and speak to representatives and verify the insurance. When there was a new patient, once the doctor was finished with the exam we would pass the patient into a consultation room and go all over the treatment that the doctor was recommending. Explain what their insurance would cover and what the patient would have to pay out of pocket. 99% of the time, the patient would stay and get treatment done. At the end of the day we would all clean up the lobby, kitchen and patient restrooms. Straighten up the lobby for the next day and file all the charts back.
Pros
over 40 hours per week.
Ok Place
employee (Current Employee) –  HoustonJanuary 6, 2015
The days are busy, lots of patients, the patients can be really sweet but others are rude and not very polite.
I have learned a lot about dental offices, the management could use a little more training as well as the rest of us.
the hardest part is to remain professional while everyone else is just there.
I love working and it could be a lot better.
Pros
day off during the week
Cons
life balance is not the greatest.
Rude assistants
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 18, 2015
Good for dental assistants to get their foot in the door, horrible management good job to keep while your looking for another. pays okay, but Definitely want to look for something better
Pros
Days you want off they give them to you, they are willing to train you
Cons
Short breaks, attitudes, management needs work and staff
Best training you can get.
Clinical Coordinator/Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2013
I think jdc has great training. I have learned a lot in dentistry at jefferson. I think its a great place to work at if you are a new graduate in dental assisting.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Great place to learn a good Dental structure
Dental Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2012
The most enjoyable part of this Job was the experience of
Meeting so many great people.
Pros
willing to help patients
Cons
short lunch time
Scary Place
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  DFW TexasApril 28, 2015
Poor service , poor dentistry, ready to rub you, poor managements, money oriented, poor staff. Unfortunately there is nothing good about this horrible place to talk about.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place
A place full of incompetent people
front desk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2015
A place full of wannabe so many illegal immigrants working in that place I don't understand how
Poor management and training