Jefferson Dental Clinics Employee Reviews

Great company not such a great pay
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 26, 2016
The company is great unfortunately the pay and hours not so much. The company at the moment is understand has been for quite a while. We are all being underpay.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Underpay
It was a great experience to work here I gave it my all love the company . I wasn't getting paid enough I got a 25 cents raise after a full year .
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2016
I worked a full 1 year 5 months and I didn't get a raised till a little bit after a year.. only 25cents.. when I would put all my effort into the job and gave it my all I put up with a lot of poor management going on .. well managers on there phone making mistakes.etc one I decided to leave the company because the.management treated me badly they wouldn't send me to lunch till I was done verifying insurances ... one time I didn't go to lunch till 3 in the afternoon .... I was being treated differently and awfully they messed with my emotions... I had a good experience because I learned.. a lot but... I seriously don't recommend you to work here managers always win ... they do what they want corporate will believe them not you... therefore your waisting your time ... maybe I would have asked for a transfer to another clinic but the one on harrisburg do not work there ... within time all your effort .. is not enough...
Pros
you learn a lot about the dental field .. you get to interact consult with patients :)
Cons
because of the hour lunch .. you will get less then 40 hrs and poor management ...
Fresh dentist do not join this group.
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2016
Just a simple word , do not ever join this group. And do not degrade ur career and life .
They will are robers,no holiday ,very less pay .they will ask u to do procedures even if patient is about to die .
Pros
Worst company in the world
Not a good option
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2016
You can not manage life and work with this job.
It is stressful and not worth the pay.
The management is unorganized.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with bad management, this comes from a person with call center experience which is sad.
Look else where, its not worth your time.
Dangerous company for employment
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2016
Fully money minded , and they do not have any humble or dignity in the dentistry , they just want money , and u will not get any leaves and u will work in thanks giving holiday also. Compensation vs Working hours , u need to work more that 10 Hrs/ Day and all 5 days a week and Saturday is must , one more bonus is you do not have a paid leave. Simply cheat the dentists.No value for the dentist, IF you join this group , u definitely regrets. Management should know this message and they need to take action.
One more thing : U have to drive when houston is flooded and life in risk .

Beware of this Group...
Pros
No Pros
Cons
All are Cons
a day at work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Everything about my job was interesting because it was a new field for me I loved the environment I around everyone was always there to help one another so everyday for me was learning something new.
Pros
Fridays was wear jeans day
Cons
not enough hours
A place full of incompetent people
front desk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2015
A place full of wannabe so many illegal immigrants working in that place I don't understand how
Poor management and training
Rude assistants
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 18, 2015
Good for dental assistants to get their foot in the door, horrible management good job to keep while your looking for another. pays okay, but Definitely want to look for something better
Pros
Days you want off they give them to you, they are willing to train you
Cons
Short breaks, attitudes, management needs work and staff
Scary Place
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  DFW TexasApril 28, 2015
Poor service , poor dentistry, ready to rub you, poor managements, money oriented, poor staff. Unfortunately there is nothing good about this horrible place to talk about.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place
Ok Place
employee (Current Employee) –  HoustonJanuary 6, 2015
The days are busy, lots of patients, the patients can be really sweet but others are rude and not very polite.
I have learned a lot about dental offices, the management could use a little more training as well as the rest of us.
the hardest part is to remain professional while everyone else is just there.
I love working and it could be a lot better.
Pros
day off during the week
Cons
life balance is not the greatest.
Very busy office and got the required experience.
Front Desk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 15, 2014
Would go in either admit, dismiss patients or verify insurances for 2 days ahead. Take copays and give new patients forms that were required to fill out. Create patient on Dentech and create chart for patient. Fill out ledger and treatment that the patient was getting done for that appointment. Briefly tell the patient all the treatment that was going to be done. Pass patients back to the back. When Doctor was done with treatment I would dismiss patient and give them post op instructions. If patient still had not paid copay I would collect before patient would leave office. If that day I was verifying for the day, I would pull charts for 2 days and separate charts depending on what insurance the patient had. Once I had that done, I would call several different insurance companies and speak to representatives and verify the insurance. When there was a new patient, once the doctor was finished with the exam we would pass the patient into a consultation room and go all over the treatment that the doctor was recommending. Explain what their insurance would cover and what the patient would have to pay out of pocket. 99% of the time, the patient would stay and get treatment done. At the end of the day we would all clean up the lobby, kitchen and patient restrooms. Straighten up the lobby for the next day and file all the charts back.
Pros
Over 40 hours per week.
Best training you can get.
Clinical Coordinator/Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2013
I think jdc has great training. I have learned a lot in dentistry at jefferson. I think its a great place to work at if you are a new graduate in dental assisting.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Great place to learn a good Dental structure
Dental Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2012
The most enjoyable part of this Job was the experience of
Meeting so many great people.
Pros
willing to help patients
Cons
short lunch time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferson Dental Clinics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6