Jefferson Healthcare Employee Reviews

Good place to work now
Care Team Member (Current Employee) –  Clinic areaJanuary 21, 2017
This place has went through a good change lately. There were a a couple people across different parts of the hospital who were pulling everybody down. HR came in and took care of that and it feels like a different place now. Really good patient care and strong focus on quality and doing things right. Really good physicians and providers (easy to work with). New services for patients. Management finally providing a direction so know where we are going, that makes it easy to stay here. Really, really good food (led by an executive chef).
Pros
Executive chef, good benefits, people are great to work with. Management starting to clean things up.
Cons
Unionized so it takes too long to get rid of problems, Union doesn't do much other than protect people who should've been gone long ago.
Normal
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Townsend, WANovember 26, 2016
I loved helping the patients and enjoyed the relationships I developed with them. However, I did not feel appreciated as a person there we were more like number.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Cold work environment
Its A Job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 26, 2016
The don was rude . overworked and underpaid. Workers were pretty nice and helpful. At first it was 12 he shifts then they went to 3 shifts . some cnas were lazy .
Pros
A job
Cons
Underpaid
Productive.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  2200 Jefferson hwy. Jefferson Lousiana. 70121July 17, 2016
Productive. The Staff were nice to work with, if I needed help they where there to help if not busy them self's, easy place to work at friendly, caring, I really love working with the Resident's,and taking care, and talking and listening to them .
Pros
When I work there it was about sharing.
Cons
Nothing.
easy job hard ppl to work with
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOFebruary 29, 2016
low pay for how much work they want you to do. Working with the residents is the fun and rewarding part but upper management and scheduling make it hard to enjoy the job.
Terrible Company to Work for!
Lower Class Worker (Former Employee) –  EverywhereFebruary 15, 2016
Wow, I expected a much friendlier culture at this small community hospital! Upper management have their noses up in the air and do not associate themselves with the 'lower class workers,' who are the ones keeping the hospital running. It's truly unfortunate. I would not recommend working at this hospital. I resigned because management does not take care of problems, they sweep it under the rug, and never clean it up.
Friendly work environment
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Port Townsend, WAJune 28, 2015
Everybody at Jefferson healthcare is behind the mission of providing the best patient care, but in a small town it's tough to have a personal and private life outside of work.
Poorly organized with leadership that holds themselves in high regard
Operations (Current Employee) –  Port Townsend, WAFebruary 23, 2015
Has a low regard for physicians. Management holds themselves in high regard but organization is very weak with scattered inconsistent processes. Thin margins.
Pros
Nice area
Cons
Quick triggered management style

Comment – October 20, 2015

Agree with these observation. I have noted that at the Director level their seems to be a revolving door. A lot of the x-directors were excellent but no longer their....makes me wonder about why they burn through so many good people.

Small-town hospital with growing pains
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Townsend, WAJuly 23, 2014
Overall, a good workplace, but it is going through growing pains due to increased services provided for the community, and its recent merge with Swedish Hospital. As with any organization, there are good managers and poor managers, but the poor management far outweighs the good at this present time. There is a frenetic style with certain managers -- micro-managing being one of their intense qualities.
Pros
Excellent benefit package; excellent pay; fair work schedule
Cons
"good ol' boys club" culture due to its small-town beginnings
not what I was expecting but I learned a lot
Microbiology Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Townsend, WASeptember 6, 2013
I was under the impression that I was going for an interview for a per diem position because of a job posted on the internet and communications with the lab manager. At the interview I find out it was for a supervisor position. I accepted the position with much reluctance. I consulted HR after three months because the situation was overwhelming and there was no real support. I resigned despite the heavy pressure I received to stay. This was a serious disappointment because I really enjoyed the staff there at the lab and I worked really hard to make the department keep afloat but it was too difficult without what I really needed to succeed there. There is no Pathologist on site and I worked alone so there were no co-workers I could consult with either. I learned a lot about myself and my limits. This situation had encouraged me to consider furthering my education in my career field so that I could have the confidence to be in that type of position. The actual lab work was great but my position wasn't for me.
Great Hospital
Radiographer/CT/PACS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Port Townsend, WAApril 12, 2013
Love working here it was fun. nice people and good times. great managers
Pros
great hospital
Cons
too good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferson Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6