JEFFERSON HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Person (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 30, 2017
Management is awful. They treat their employees poorly. Only certain people can get away with anything and others are studied under a microscope. No matter what you do, it's not appreciated or recognized no matter how high and above you go. You constantly have to walk on eggshells, you never know what you'll get yelled at when you get there. Some coworkers are fantastic, others are moody and rude.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
The job was over all good
Emergency Department Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson Hills, PAAugust 12, 2017
I worked in the ER as a patient coordinator to make sure that ER patients were comfortable and their family as well. I would of stayed if they had offered me more hours but they could not offer me full time at this position.
newly remodeled pharmacy
Pharmacist Informatics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 11, 2017
nice space and state of the art IV room. well designed and comfortable pharmacy layout with nice break and conference area. Scheduling was chaotic with many different shifts and not knowing in advance what the schedule was going to be was frustrating.
Horrible
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 11, 2017
I worked in sterile Processing DPT. The staff was really nice. Most complained from the time they start their shift until the time they punched out to go home!! The supervisor in the sterile Processing department was absolutely rude to her employees!! Not easy to talk to, attitude every other day that she took out on her employees. It's like everyone was walking on eggshells everyday! Very uncomfortable place to work and the pay was horrible. Couldn't get medical insurance for three months. What do you do in the mean time?
Pros
Helpful co-workers
Cons
Supervisor, pay, insurance
Nice place
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Pine bluff arAugust 8, 2017
Nice place to work has it up and downs. The people there are nice and friendly. Jerrerson has its pros and cons with insurance can't use insurance at a doctor you want
Pretty Tough Company to Work for
Patient Registrar IV (Current Employee) –  Center City, PAJune 8, 2017
The hardest part about working for this company is the feeling of working multiple jobs/duties for very little compensation or acknowledgement with very little room for growth.
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2017
Great place to work they really do care about their employees.
They care about what they are doing and have set their goals to benefit all those in the organization.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
mandatory over time on weekends.
Hospital Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2017
I report to the Volunteer office in the morning to see with department needs help. I finish my work in a timely matter and when I'm done i go to other departments to see if they need my assistance
productive and fast pace
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2017
A top rated hospital in Philadelphia and nation wide.
One of the best cancer treatment centers Kimmel Cancer treatment ..and one of the best eye surgery facilities Wills eyes center ..
also the home hospital for the Philadelphia pro teams ...Eagles ,,Philies,,, Flyers ,, and the 76'ers
Pros
fast pace and ability to transfer to diffrent positions
Cons
in the heart of center city traffic
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant/ Registrar (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2017
Greet patient with a smile
Answer email
verify insurance
verify patient info is still the same
answer phones
check in patient for appts
check in for blood work
schedule patients for future follow up appts
great job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2017
It was great. Developed a skill set that allowed me to succeed in an office setting. Helped me develop communication and customer service skills dealing with co-workers, and patients. Learned about insurance and health care.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
boring
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Jefferson hospital. good environment. Lot of opportunities and very nice people to work with. Jefferson hospital has a positive image in the neighborhood.
Nice work place enviroment
Data Integrity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2017
It is a great place to work at, however unless you know someone or are going to school, there is no place for advancement. Raises are barely anything, but the work environment itself is pleasant.
Very family oriented , staff work together .
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2017
I loved to work a Jefferson Methodist , it was very welcoming and the manager was and it is a wonderful person . I never had problem with her and I always felt appreciate .
I loved work my peer and the doctors . There was always cooperation and teaching .
I had to leave because the of family needs . But I will always loved the people I meet there.
I love working at Jefferson.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2017
I started working at Jefferson when I was 27 years, in the security department and the only reason for leaving was getting married and moving out of Phila. Without a car for transportation and living in West Chester it was difficult to get to work. It was a hard process to leaving for I loved the place where I worked. When I had a chance to return to Jefferson - I took it and once again in the security department, still loving working here, I feel the need to move to other departments and learn other skills. I am a very hard worker and very dependable. Customer service is key for the persons coming to a hospital some are not happy about it so I try and make there visit here as painless as possible, so they will leave saying I had a nice visit here at Jefferson or Rothman.
Awesome job
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2017
Best nursing care and program patient care and safety is a priority. Family oriented and everyone there enjoy their job and it shows. The physicians go above and beyond to make sure that patient care is excellent
Pros
Compensation great
Loved working with the elderly!
Diatary Aide (Former Employee) –  Fairbury, ILApril 4, 2017
A very amazing experience for me. Loved working with older men and woman. They were always very sweet and knew how to brighten your day for sure! Would recommend this job any day!
Pros
Very ├žaring people
Cons
None!
Very professional and fast paced environment.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2017
I love my job! everyone is very warm and welcoming, we are pretty much like family away from home. A typical day at work for me is greeting patients, checking them in and also checking there insurance information.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No cons
student
Surgical Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Clairton, PAMarch 10, 2017
I was there as a student for 5 months, the OR was very small. rooms sometimes took forever to get turned over. but I was a student, kept my head down and did what I needed 2 do
Terrible experience for students
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Jefferson Hills, PAMarch 5, 2017
Overall, the hospital was not friendly to students. There were so many unnecessary complications. It was a very hostile environment and certainly not the "teaching hospital" it claims to be. There were a few floors that had kind employees, but not many. After my nursing school experience, I would never work here.