Jefferson Lines Employee Reviews

Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
no comment (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 5, 2017
Good benefits, central location. Slow to make decisions, have to work holidays, employee conflicts, constant turnover.
Great place to work!
Motor coach driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 29, 2016
Overall this driving job was great! Pay and benefits are great. Little time away from home compared to other CDL driving jobs.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Excellent place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 27, 2016
I have been working at Jefferson Lines full-time and love the ability to have a schedule of 3 days off after working 6 days on. The ability to drive in our beautiful state, interacting with passengers, interacting with co-workers, good company to work for, good equipment to operate. The Company is truly advancing and making an effort to create positive changes for it's employees.

Sometimes the hours at night are hard to adjust to and there are occasional equipment breakdowns. Driving in different kinds of weather, and dealing with disappointed passengers over things beyond my control can be a challenge.
Pros
Minimum pay guarantee
okay should be more money!
Motorcoach driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 8, 2016
We generally work 10-12 hour days not hard work but still! Job is ok I figure it out to $15. an hour for 8 hours with 2 hours overtime everyday! Dealing with people and traffic can be difficult at times! Overall Jefferson Lines has been really good to me! Sometimes at run bid times it can be difficult which is every 6 months!
Pros
Some free meals!
Cons
No lunch breaks on some runs!
Could improve with employee appreciation
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 11, 2015
I believe there is a lot of potential for Jefferson Lines as company to grow because they have good people there and there's a good balance between work and personal life. However, there is a lack of employee appreciation and value. There is also not much for advancement opportunities.
Pros
flexible with hours, good coworkers
Cons
lacks employee appreciation
Great company to work for, I'd work there again
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2015
Advancement opportunities were endless. I was able to serve as VP of the lovat union, help I training, as long as you were available then you have the opportunity. You make what the job can be. Sadly the closed they closed down the Oklahoma City office and we were all laid off. I would still be driving for them if they hadn't closed down.
Pros
Great pay, Good benefits, lots of.opportunity
Cons
No complaints...
fun work place
Motor Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 15, 2015
i loved this job the people i picked up on trips were nice most of them gave me tips for the ride and gene the supervisor said i was taking money they gave me the money in my hand for a tip for a good driver if i had the opportunity to go back i would but i would need more money
Pros
did'nt have to pay for food all the timw
Cons
hoetls some are nasty rooms
Pretty good place to work for, but you better have thick skin
Ticket agent (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 16, 2015
Everyone (including management) was easy to get along with. Some days are hard to get through when you can not get a hold of the main office/operations to determine a bus schedule. Overall, I really enjoyed my job and meeting new people.
Getting yelled at is a daily thing when things do not run smoothly.
Pros
Meeting new people, laid back environment, good structure
Cons
Not much for advancement
fun meeting other people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 29, 2014
driving from Kansas city,mo to Arkansas,minneapolis,texas,st.joe mo,des moines,ia
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
yes 401k
horrible company to work for
ticket agent (Former Employee) –  MidwestOctober 6, 2014
All I can say is if I were you I would not apply. You are promised things that usually never happen. They like to lie to you. And when things need to change they never do even though your told its being worked on.
Pros
there are none
Cons
everything
horrible company to work for
ticket agent (Former Employee) –  midwestOctober 5, 2014
Horrible place to work. Corporate really doesnt know whats going on. Turn over rate in the corporate office is high. Management at local level is horrible. Take advantage of good employees. It would be wise to be very careful working for this company. I truely would give 0 stars but it made me check atleast 1.
Pros
Cons
everything
Ticket Agent/Baggage Handler
Ticket agent (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 16, 2013
Worked for this company for a couple months. Was told I was hired on full time by local manager, but corporate had me at part time. Never received holiday pay or benefits paperwork. When manager was confronted she lied and said she would handle it. Also her daughter was employees through the company and was a meth head/thief. Had been caught multiple times taking money from the till and rummaging through passengers bags. Overall horrible company to work with.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Dealing with bums, crooks, drunks, and bad management
Former employee
MOTOR COACH OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  MONNEAPOLIS MNJune 7, 2013
This company sends you thru training very fast. They have this mentor phase. That's when you go out for two weeks riding with there experienced drivers so you can learn. They teach you nothing all they do is make you drive. When your done you don't even now how to handle your paper work. Like me they pulled me out of training early because they where short of drivers. I quit when I got back. Told them that they will never keep bus drivers. People beware. Go work for some other company. These peoplr are so full of s@#t.
Never a dull moment
MOTORCOACH DRIVER (Current Employee) –  DULUTH, MNFebruary 2, 2013
As a motorcoach driver working for jefferson lines you get a wide assortment of opportunities.....You can hold a scheduled busline run between various cities in the midwest, while doing a charter group tour every now and then to break the monotony. Some drivers have been on a single tour that has lasted 7 months!
The benefits are better than average. If you like to drive and can be friendly and courteous to all of your passengers, all fof the time, then this is the place for you...!
Pros
varied work assignments, travel all over the usa
Cons
some long hours, away from home quite often
Jefferson Bus Lines
Field Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 3, 2012
Greta company to work for with outstanding drivers adn managment.
Pros
free travel
Cons
healthcare costs
Great company to work for.
Motorcoach Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 8, 2012
Working for Jefferson is never dull. They keep you as busy as you want to be. If you love to drive, you will love to work here.
Pros
good benefits, work is always available
Cons
long work days, away from home a great deal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferson Lines. Our community is ready to answer.