Jefferson Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNApril 21, 2016
Loved working with everyone I came in contact with. I learned how to be the most competent and best x-ray tech I could be. The hardest part was feeling like you could lose your job at any moment.
Always something new to experience
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Ranson, WVOctober 21, 2015
Working in the ER gives you experience in knowing how you handle yourself, and your patient in an emergency/trauma situation. Every shift is different from the last and you are never quite sure what you are going to see or do.
great learning experience
Charge/Floor RN (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, MOSeptember 21, 2015
I started here fresh out of nursing school and learned so much here. There are many younger nurses coming in and working in this hospital that makes it more welcoming for the younger nurses coming in.
great hospital
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNSeptember 2, 2015
This is a growing hospital in a rural area. It has an opportunity for growth. People were great to work with. Service is excellent.
Nice place to work.
Charge/Floor RN (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, MOJuly 23, 2015
This was my first nursing position and they were very helpful and lots of great experiences. They provide great care to their patients.
Helpful, supportive, and friendly workplace.
ICU - Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNJuly 13, 2015
Working ICU, sometimes it's either feast or famine. You can have from 1-3 patients on a typical day. That one patient can be easy or equal to having 3 patients. The hardest part of my job is the computer charting. I feel like I am taking too much time away from my patients by having to document everything on the computer. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing that I can make a difference in a person's life. I love caring for patients and watching their progression. I love being able to hold a patient's hand and explain things to them, good or bad.
Pros
Taking care of those in need.
Cons
Computer charting
Productive, fun place to work, and educational at times
CNA (Former Employee) –  Festus, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Taking vitals, daily patient care. Co-workers were good to work with. Hardest part of the job was when a patient passed away that you thought a lot of. Enjoyable part of job was making friends with co-workers and patient satisfaction.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
not close to home
Challenging Environment with many changes on the horizon
Assistant Clinical Leader (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNApril 24, 2014
The leadership is supportive albeit somewhat disconnected. The staff work together and enjoy an overall since of family. I actually left the company and came back.
My time at Jefferson Memorial Hospital
ER Patient Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVJanuary 8, 2014
Spent my time in the ER as a patient assistant, Transported patients throughout the hospital, Answered call buttons, Ran lab work, ect.
I loved Histology and the Pathologists I worked for.
Histo/Cytology Assistant (Former Employee) –  festus, moNovember 12, 2013
I enjoyed everything about my job. Working in a hospital, I was able to do a variety of things.
Not for profit community hospital
Patient Care Coordinator PACU (Former Employee) –  Festus, MOJune 21, 2013
Proponent of continuing education and advancement within the organization. Strong community support
Pros
free parking, family oriented place of employment
I worked 11-7 shift. This was an old hospital, but had good patient care.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Vernon, ILMarch 17, 2013
Enjoyed working with co-worker and doctors. I learned a great deal working here. This was my first job after I got my LPN. I was in charge of medication. I gave it and ordered it. I also was a team leader and assisted CNA's with their patient care. All treatments, IV's, dressing changes, charting, relief in CCU, ICU, ER, OB was part of my job. If Doctor was needed to do surgery at night, I might have to assist. On my shift, I was in charge of the suicide phone line. As usual my favorite part was working with the patient. The hardest part was when I got thrown into doing something that only a doctor or RN was to do. I learned fast, and did exactly as told for the patients.I often had to work with city police, fire and ambulance service.
Pros
working with patients, working with co-workers, doctors, learning all the many things i did, i had wonderful rn's that were in charge on my shift and very knowledgeable
Cons
often no lunch or breaks, short handed, often had to stay over to get charting done.
Excellent staff
Company Intern (Current Employee) –  Ranson, WVJanuary 10, 2013
Jefferson Memorial hospital has a great staff and displays a wonderful work atmosphere.
Learned much from self-taught HT, and pathologists
HT/ASCP (Former Employee) –  Festus, MOOctober 2, 2012
Another early day. Not much storage space, running up to surgery to collect specimens, do frozen sections.
Pros
small staff
Cons
needed to teach myself by observation, not many questions answered
Good Hospital To Work For
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Festus, MOSeptember 8, 2012
I worked at Jefferson Memorial for about 5 months thru a pharmacy agency, and it was a good experience. Co-workers, and bosses were really nice, and friendly. Work was really simple, and easy to learn. It was great to get work there for the experience.
Pros
great experience
Outstanding overall experience and great co-workers
Director of Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 2, 2012
Started in the personnel department, which gave me an understanding of the overall hiring and employee benefit process. Started a Community Relations program and develped new logo, printed materials and program sharing with the community and educational programs for the staff. Very diverse position and very educational for myself as well. Husband transferred to Atlanta and I transferred within the corporation.
Good hospital to attain experience for people inexperienced in medical field
E.D. Technician/ Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ranson, WVAugust 13, 2012
A typical day at work would consist of acting as unit secretary for Emergency Department, directing phone calls, entering physician's orders into computer system, arranging transfers, maintaining a smooth flow between patients, nurses, and physicians. I was also cross-trained to act as a nursing assistant, which entails blood draws, completing vital signs, EKG's, and assisting nurses and physicians with patient procedures. I learned about basic medical procedures, how to work diligently in a stressful environment, and crucial customer service skills. I have maintained a good relationshipm with my co-workers. Working in the ER requires acting as a team to tackle large jobs. The hardest part of the job is the flunctuation of busy periods. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with good co-workers and being able to help those in need.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
short breaks, indecent insurance
I liked my job there.
Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Ranson, WVJune 26, 2012
I did claim status all day on all BCBS claims. I liked working here but at the time my 2 children were very small and I did not have childcare. I was set up to work at home and unfortunately the boss over my department had been let go and the new management did not approve working at home any longer. So I decided to take a little time off to be with the kids. They were very young back then.
Pros
benefits, pension
Cons
hours
Best Company I have worked for
ICU Telemtry Tech (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, MOMarch 16, 2012
Was a great job I would still be their now but I left when I finished school.
Great place to work.
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Department of Medical ImagingJanuary 5, 2012
Small busy hospital. They were willing to train. Small enough for people to know all areas and many people.
Pros
local people were employed
Cons
small enough to not offer large benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferson Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Jefferson Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location