Jefferson Memorial Hospital

Jefferson Memorial Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Challenging Environment with many changes on the horizon
Assistant Clinical Leader (Current Employee), Jefferson City, TNApril 24, 2014
The leadership is supportive albeit somewhat disconnected. The staff work together and enjoy an overall since of family. I actually left the company and came back.
My time at Jefferson Memorial Hospital
ER Patient Assistant (Former Employee), Charles Town, WVJanuary 8, 2014
Spent my time in the ER as a patient assistant, Transported patients throughout the hospital, Answered call buttons, Ran lab work, ect.
I loved Histology and the Pathologists I worked for.
Histo/Cytology Assistant (Former Employee), festus, moNovember 12, 2013
I enjoyed everything about my job. Working in a hospital, I was able to do a variety of things.
Not for profit community hospital
Patient Care Coordinator PACU (Former Employee), Festus, MOJune 21, 2013
Pros: free parking, family oriented place of employment
Proponent of continuing education and advancement within the organization. Strong community support
I worked 11-7 shift. This was an old hospital, but had good patient care.
LPN (Former Employee), Vernon, ILMarch 17, 2013
Pros: working with patients, working with co-workers, doctors, learning all the many things i did, i had wonderful rn's that were in charge on my shift and very knowledgeable
Cons: often no lunch or breaks, short handed, often had to stay over to get charting done.
Enjoyed working with co-worker and doctors. I learned a great deal working here. This was my first job after I got my LPN. I was in charge of medication. I gave it and ordered it. I also was a team leader and assisted CNA's with their patient care. All treatments, IV's, dressing changes, charting, relief in CCU, ICU, ER, OB was part of my job. If Doctor was needed to do surgery at night, I might have to assist. On my shift, I was in charge of the suicide phone line. As usual my favorite part was working with the patient. The hardest part was when I got thrown into doing something that only a doctor or RN was to do. I learned fast, and did exactly as told for the patients.I often had to work with city police, fire and ambulance service.
Excellent staff
Company Intern (Current Employee), Ranson, WVJanuary 10, 2013
Jefferson Memorial hospital has a great staff and displays a wonderful work atmosphere.
Learned much from self-taught HT, and pathologists
HT/ASCP (Former Employee), Festus, MOOctober 2, 2012
Pros: small staff
Cons: needed to teach myself by observation, not many questions answered
Another early day. Not much storage space, running up to surgery to collect specimens, do frozen sections.
Good Hospital To Work For
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Festus, MOSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: great experience
I worked at Jefferson Memorial for about 5 months thru a pharmacy agency, and it was a good experience. Co-workers, and bosses were really nice, and friendly. Work was really simple, and easy to learn. It was great to get work there for the experience.
Outstanding overall experience and great co-workers
Director of Community Relations (Former Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 2, 2012
Started in the personnel department, which gave me an understanding of the overall hiring and employee benefit process. Started a Community Relations program and develped new logo, printed materials and program sharing with the community and educational programs for the staff. Very diverse position and very educational for myself as well. Husband transferred to Atlanta and I transferred within the corporation.
Good hospital to attain experience for people inexperienced in medical field
E.D. Technician/ Ward Clerk (Former Employee), Ranson, WVAugust 13, 2012
Pros: good working environment
Cons: short breaks, indecent insurance
A typical day at work would consist of acting as unit secretary for Emergency Department, directing phone calls, entering physician's orders into computer system, arranging transfers, maintaining a smooth flow between patients, nurses, and physicians. I was also cross-trained to act as a nursing assistant, which entails blood draws, completing vital signs, EKG's, and assisting nurses and physicians with patient procedures. I learned about basic medical procedures, how to work diligently in a stressful environment, and crucial customer service skills. I have maintained a good relationshipm with my co-workers. Working in the ER requires acting as a team to tackle large jobs. The hardest part of the job is the flunctuation of busy periods. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with good co-workers and being able to help those in need.
I liked my job there.
Patient Accounts (Former Employee), Ranson, WVJune 26, 2012
Pros: benefits, pension
Cons: hours
I did claim status all day on all BCBS claims. I liked working here but at the time my 2 children were very small and I did not have childcare. I was set up to work at home and unfortunately the boss over my department had been let go and the new management did not approve working at home any longer. So I decided to take a little time off to be with the kids. They were very young back then.
Best Company I have worked for
ICU Telemtry Tech (Former Employee), Crystal City, MOMarch 16, 2012
Was a great job I would still be their now but I left when I finished school.
Great place to work.
Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Department of Medical ImagingJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: local people were employed
Cons: small enough to not offer large benefits
Small busy hospital. They were willing to train. Small enough for people to know all areas and many people.