Jefferson Parish Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers
Election Commissioner (Former Employee) –  Timberlane Country Club, Gretna, LAFebruary 4, 2015
Iberiabank is a strong bank and I enjoyed working for the company.

I am currently looking for part-time work as I have several planned trips to Europe in the next six months to visit my elderly parents.
Pros
close to home
Cons
working overtime
Payroll Clerk
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 19, 2014
A typical day at work involves collecting timesheets and recording employees time into a computerized system. It also involves generating evaluations to be performed on employees and extensive file work. I've learned how to become better at organization and multi-tasking with working here. Management is sub-par. I personally feel it needs great improvement. Cronyism is the best way to sum it up. Co-workers are ok. The overall morale is not at its best. The hardest part of the job is, quite honestly, dealing with the politics that comes with working for a government entity. It can truly be taxing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know my fellow co-workers better and forging new friendships with them.
Pros
hour lunch, laid back atmosphere, paid leave, healthcare benefits
Cons
rising cost of healthcare benefits, elimination of annual raises, cronyism, politics
Productive and full of life
Court Appointed Special Advocate (Current Employee) –  Gretna, LAJune 11, 2014
Day to Day is a collaborative team of individuals working together to break the cycle of neglect and abuse one child at a time.
Stable work enviroment
Clerk of Court,D.A.Office,Housing Program (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAOctober 26, 2013
Loved working here. Great employer. Great people.

Fun enviroment.
Stays abreast with current educational trends
Elementary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LASeptember 21, 2013
Engage in the day to mangement of a Reading First scholl environment. I learned how to stay focused on the responsibilities and mandates of the job. The district stays on top of what is needed and expected from all employees to better the learning environment of students. The co-workers are like family. There is a bond between teams. The hardest part of the job is making sure that all students do not gain the required mastery to move them to the next level. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to expand one's knowledge through professional development.
Pros
advancement of professional knowledge
Cons
lack of parental support globally
Educational
Commissioner of Voting (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAJuly 4, 2013
Help with voting registration and explaining the functioning of the voting booths.
Awesome job security, great benefits
Accountant Assistant (Clerk III) (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJuly 3, 2013
Relaxed environment, great team work, good communication, flexiblity of work and family balance.
Pros
benefits, pension, job security, flexible work schedule, paid holidays
Cons
low compensation
Fun Atmosphere
Kenner Head Start (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 16, 2013
Being a part of the Kenner Head Start organization is an honor because I have the opportunity to play with the children and understand their way of learning.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
less pay
I love being active and productive on the job.
Hospital Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 6, 2012
On the job I loved helping other people, and Ochsner Medical Center of Jefferson Parish was an ideal place to do this,-from giving directions to helping patients in wheelchairs.