Jefferson Radiology Employee Reviews

productive work place
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 2, 2017
Worked the Anthem Blue Cross, Heavy phone contact with reps about denied claims, fixing and sending out corrected claims, helping members understanding there policies and what they needed to do for them to get claims denied, paid.
Pros
nice lunches, and christmas bonus
Cons
laid the whole billing department off
The company looks after itself
Technologist (Current Employee) –  CTJuly 8, 2017
Management is not concerned about their employees. When needed they will expect you to rotate to all their offices regardless of which office you were hired for. You will be expected to adjust your hours when it suits their needs. If you need time off they will give you a hard time about it even if you find your own coverage. They will pack patients into the schedule and expect you to still perform your tasks on time. If a machine goes down techs will be expected to do the same number of exams using one room or pile patients into the schedule of another office (anything to avoid loss of $). You will find other companies pay better for the same job. You will be "volunteered" for weekends and evenings. Pros of the company: they do offer decent benefits and try to obtain discounts to events. Most coworkers are cooperative and friendly.
Pros
Staff pull together and make things work
Cons
It's all about revenue and Press Ganey
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 16, 2017
Enjoyed working there but it was time for a change. Many people came and went because they expected more hours .The staff was great and I really enjoyed the working relationship many of us had.
Downhill
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTDecember 20, 2016
Extremely sad how they treat the employees that have made the company who they are today. CEO rides in the elevator with you and pretends he doesn't see you, how classy is that? Very sad that the doctors who started the company would never recognize it today.
Pros
overtime
Cons
management..HR terrible.
Busy and Boring
PSA-Day Kimball Hospital (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTNovember 4, 2016
Can be busy yet boring all in the same day.

Much like a messenger a lot of the time.

Not sure how much room to grow there really is.

Co-workers are great.
Horrible place to work
MRI/CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 24, 2016
This is a fast paced, money driven meat market. The people supposedly in charge are ignorant and unskilled and simply don't have the know how to support the subordinates. This group is so money driven that they have even refrained from giving salary increases on any regular basis.
Outstanding radiology facility.
Admitting Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTSeptember 30, 2016
Privileged to work as receptionist and reading room facilitator for two very busy facilities overseeing the West Hartford Office and Avon office. Enjoyed interacting with all the referring facilities and providing results in return.
Pros
Nice lunchroom.
Cons
No breaks
Productive work environment
Interventional Diagnostic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 26, 2016
Productive work environment, fun, great work-life balance. I learned how to be a great leader after being assigned to a number of projects
Productive and Face Paced Place to Work
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 11, 2016
The job is fun, multi-faceted, patient-driven, and exciting.

The information I learned from this company will help me for my entire career.

It's relatively small in the IT Department, so due to that, I have waited months to post this just so it would not be linked to myself.

That being said, the interoffice politics is quite annoying.Just to get promoted you need to work 60+ hours a week and burn the mid-night oil quite often. It's not worth it, in my honest opinion.

The company itself is quite good and stable. The people you work with are amazing! Very good relationships have been made and kept for years to come.

Management is very below average in most departments. Upper management is not so bad (visibly), but middle-management leaves much to be desired. Unrealistic expectations, ineptitude, total lack of communication, fear and intimidation tactics to get employees to do what they wanted, the list goes on.... Many times, I was unsure if I would have a job in the upcoming months due to the fly-by-night decisions being made seemingly with no direction/purpose. Basically being told, "it would be wise to update your resume".

Due to the small size of the IT department, during 'Go Lives' (on-boarding of a nearby hospital's PACS) the 24-hour support that is promised makes work-life balance non-existent for weeks or months on end. It's very taxing and you are looked down upon if you do not want to work 16+ hours a day. That said

The company is still growing fast, so a lot of the problems and idiosyncrasies of the company occur due to the typical growing
  more... pains of a "middle-of-the-road" company.

The turnover is higher than average.

Best part of the job is dealing with the co-workers and free parking.

Worst part is dealing with immediate supervisors/managers. They treat you like children rather than adults.

It's true what they say, "You don't quite jobs, you quit your manager"
Pros
Co-workers, free parking, occasional lunches provided
Cons
Management is horrible, communications between departments are bad, gotta be part of the "good-ole-boys" club for any recognition, work-life is non-existent if you are looking to move up
Supportive Staff
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 24, 2016
The staff here is wonderful and we all work well as a team. The management, however, is questionable at times. It's a decent place to work, but I do no see myself trying to move up and stay with the company.
Pros
opportunity to move within company
Cons
communication isn't always the best
Great place on the rise.
IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 21, 2016
Jefferson is a high paced environment with dedicated employees focused on providing excellent patient care. A focus on career path and advancement would help greatly.
Pros
Great experience opportunities
Management made this position extremely uncomfortable
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMarch 24, 2016
There was not one employee, not including me, that had any enthusiasm. Not one coworker had an approachable personality. Patients constantly complained about the face to face service. Everyone worked the bare minimum. Worst of the company was the management. Managers never had time to talk one on one even if an employee requested it. If there was an issue anywhere from work flow, to personal problems, managers would say they would do something, but months went by and nothing was ever done. This was just overall not a pleasant place to work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Way too much down time
A brief synopsis of my experience with J.R
Reading Room Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 10, 2015
Receiving phone calls for off and onsite doctors, taking appropriate messages and accommodating their requests. Uploading and digitizing prior films and CD's. Updating records for patients, daily. In experience has evolved me into a accurate and organized medical receptionist. My co-workers became my second family. Management for the most part fair. The most difficult aspect of the job, was having to deliver positive test results to patients. My most enjoyable part of my experience, my patients. My favorite being the elderly and children.
Pros
staff appreciation, I.E lunches, staff outings.
Cons
compensation
One of the worst places I've ever worked.
Customer Care Rep/ (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 17, 2015
In the customer care position, you can expect to be treated rudely by co-workers and managers, poor job training, and a terrible work environment. I worked at Jefferson for a few months before I found another job. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. The training was terrible and employees and managers would make fun of you behind your back if you don't understand things right away. The pay is ok for the position, but the job is horrible. I highly recommend NOT working for this company. You will regret it.
Pros
None.
Cons
Poor training, terrible managers, poor treatment from co-workers.
Interesting Job
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 2, 2015
I do enjoy what I do, and knowing that I help patients each and every day who are usually in pain. Having been a patient myself, it means a lot to know that I can help someone and give them a smile. Hardest part of the job, working with the people I work with. There is a tremendous amount of cattiness among employees, and management I feel, likes to overmanage employees and ends up destroying morale.
amazing!!
costumer care agent/ facilitator (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 21, 2015
I absolutely love working for Jefferson radiology. this company definitely takes pride in there ability to serve the community with the latest technology and skill. Most importantly they are compassionate. Patient care and satisfaction is what we aim for.
Pros
room for advancement, and many job outings and activiies
Extremely challenging work environment
Physician Workflow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTApril 27, 2015
Great experience in multitasking and managing an extremely busy office.

Overworked and underpaid.

Great co-workers get burnt out quickly.
n/a
Medical Records-Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTNovember 29, 2014
My work day was split due to that i was in two different departments for this company. I would work on the legal department in the am and the revenue department in the afternoon.
Fun Workplace
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTNovember 10, 2014
A typical day at Jefferson Radiology everyday is a new day with something new to expect. The office is always full of laughter while we try to make the best of our day. Although I haven't been there for a while. One thing that I have learned along my journey is to take your time not everything is a race to finish your assignment all that matters is how you finish. The hardest thing about the job was the intense training and the first day I was on my own without my training I was nervous and was making careless mistakes. But it was a lesson learned and something that I learn everyday. One thing that i love about my job are my supervisors. They're always doing their best to make our work environment fun but while getting the job done.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Cons
Short breaks
Jefferson Radiology
Patient Care Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTOctober 25, 2014
A typical day at work was preparing the CAT SCAN room, organizing the computer programs that would be used through out the day, and making sure all necessary blood work had been completed before the procedure. Placing catheters, drawing blood and performing blood tests were requirements that I improved on. I learned how to manage time, organize and multi task on different levels. I also learned how taking the time out of the busy schedule and listening to patients stories, hopes and concerns could really impact them in a positive manner. The management and co-workers were very professional and a pleasure to work with. It was a real team environment. The hardest part of the job was to hear of patients speak of reoccurring ailments or even if they had passed. The most rewarding part of the job was making sure that patients felt comfortable and relaxed and being appreciated for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferson Radiology. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5