Jefferson Southern Corporation Employee Reviews

Jsc
Quality Engineer, Welding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GASeptember 18, 2017
The environment is dirty you are required to wear heavy almost burlap uniforms there is minimal airflow within the plant and management does not invest In the people.
Pros
45 min lunch
Cons
dirty
Horrible place to work
1500 t press operator (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GASeptember 7, 2017
Could not keep any help 7 days a week 12 hour shifts no time off poor pay for work load cleaning was not upkept never had blanks to run parts needed presses barely ran always breaking down dies where junk managers did not listen to requests or advice from employees
Stressful
H.R. Training Coordinator 1st Shift (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAAugust 25, 2017
Lack structure and management team that cares about the needs of the employees.
No leadership and the culture was one of working 7 days a week 12 hours a day, no time off.

Pay was great but no time to enjoy it.

Turnover rate horrible.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No time to off to enjoy family
Good
Welder (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAAugust 18, 2017
Its a great job great money just alot of hours and its 7 days a week. Its also a easy job to do as long as you can do 7 days a week 12 hr shifts you good to go..
Excellent Learning Experience
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GAAugust 14, 2017
In addition to learning a great deal about my field while at Jefferson Southern Corporation, I've had the pleasure of working with some great professionals.
You're only a number!!! You can be replaced easily.
Welding (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJuly 31, 2017
The company does not care about it's employees. All they care about is their production. If you are out sick/ or your child count on getting a point even with a doctor's note or you have to use your vacation time. Vacation time does not count for weekends. They will work you 12hrs a day mostly 7 days a week.
Pros
Lots of hours.
Cons
No time for family or a life.
It's a regular work space. Just the typical job. No play just work 12 hours a day. Very clean and we'll managed.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJune 10, 2017
To u really don't have A life because all the hours.but it's a good job. We'll managed productive friendly people wear too manyclothes for it to be so hot
Pros
Al the hours you want good monwy
Cons
Too hot and have to dress like winter inside.no time for family at all just work
i like the job but not the hours
JSCWelding Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GAMarch 28, 2017
coming into the company they didnt tell me the truth about the work hours. i was told my hours would be 4-1am but they switched me and i work from 4-4am and sometimes 8-4am.
benefits
Cons
no management support
Good overall company
HMA Site Representative (Current Employee) –  RockMart, GANovember 27, 2016
JSC has great pay and benefits packages to offer. They offer several health insurance discount programs and incentives. They host events for employees throughout the year as well.
I am in a unique position in that I am located in Alabama as a Honda Site Representative and I do not visit the plant very often. There are opportunities for positions that I typically am not aware of, so not much for advancement.
Overall, this is a great company and I could recommend considering a position for this company to someone else.
5 Star Company
Stamping (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAAugust 9, 2016
This company was great, I liked everything about the company, it was just to far for me to work, and I wanted to be closer to my family. I really enjoyed the company as well as the environment
Wouldn't recommend unless you're in financial ruin and need a job.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJuly 14, 2016
Jefferson Southern Corporation was jokingly referred to as Japanese Slave Camp. That's because its a Japanese ran organization that produces automotive parts for Honda. Expect to work 5-7 days a week at 12 hrs a day every single week. Shifts are 4am to 4pm and 4pm to 4 am unless things have changed since I worked there.
Long hours but great pay
Welding Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAMay 8, 2016
At Jefferson Southern, I worked on the welding lines; I learned how to properly run the machines, use a grinder, and what to do if a machine messes up. It is a very fast paced, repetitious job that requires long hours Monday-Saturday. You do begin to save your money a lot easier while working with this company because working, eating, and sleeping is all you have time for due to the fact that it is a full time gig. The pay and benefits are very fair and make the tedious work worth it in the end. Great place to work if you don't mind outside climates and long work days.
Pros
Great pay, double pay on Sundays and Holidays.
Cons
No time with family or friends and very hard to work another job or go to school while working here.
This job was ok
Robotic Welder (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GANovember 10, 2015
Was hard to balance life as a new dad and work, however the benfits were optimal. The job had long hours and worked nearly 7 days a week.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
short breaks long hours
Great job if you want to work 12 hours a day, seven days a week
Robotic Welder (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GASeptember 16, 2015
Loved the work, hated the hours. I worked there 8 months, 12 hours every day, seven days a week. Bonuses were promised, never given. Saturdays and Sundays off were promised, never given. This company treats their employees like robots. They say they care about their associates but actions speak louder than words. 10 minute break every two hours, thirty minutes for lunch, standing 12 hours, lifting heavy parts for 12 hours. When I was there employees were calling it a Japanese slave camp, just to give you an idea of the work environment. The turn over rate is very high because people get burnt out with no rest. If you have children, grandchildren, a spouse or any kind of life outside of work, you won't like working for this company. You'll never see family, friends or boyfriend.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
short breaks, working 7 days a week, very hot in Summer, cold in winter, immature supervisors, no training
Enjoyed working there.
Material Resource Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAOctober 30, 2014
i enjoyed being a team player, working with management to vendors and employees was the most enjoyable part of the job.the hardest part was running out of supplies because we had to stay productive.
Pros
Being a team player
Cons
short breaks
Good company
Stamping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GASeptember 28, 2014
JSC has been a good company for me. They have helped me succeed so far with their company. They helped me go to college when there was no way I could do it myself.
meet alot of different people of different cultures
Welding associate (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GASeptember 12, 2013
team meeting and excercise, go to work ,busy ,busy,busy
learned to look for good, quality auto comps that were defect free
management was good with a potential to be much better
co-workers were fun to work with ,overall good people
the hardest part of the job was standing and lifting heavy parts for at least 10 hours a day
meeting people of different cultures and backgrounds
Pros
good pay, benefits ahd paid vacation
Cons
long hours and strenuous work
This work place is ok but not the best.
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GAApril 2, 2012
Co workers are nice people to work with and I have learned how to create PO and use all the office equipment and use Microsoft office all programs like Execl and the reset of them. The hardest part of my job is when alot of things is going on at one time but I always make it through it. The most enjoyable part of my job is when it is time to go home.
Pros
free lunches, payed vacation
Cons
health care