Jefferson Employee Reviews

Always working together so that everyone is productive
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAApril 6, 2017
Jefferson parish is an awesome place to work because the people or friendly, and always working to make improvements all the time.
Even though you work hard the staff is helpful and genuine
Pros
positive environment, always motivating everyone
Cons
short lunch schedule
A relaxed work environment with manageable deadlines.
Software Developer II (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 2, 2017
I wrote SQL queries to extract data into SSRS reports and Excel spreadsheets as required for central office departments and schools. I created stored procedures and functions for recurring reports. The reports used multiple tables and multiple databases. I used CTE's, temp tables and pivot tables and other techniques to extract the data. The work environment was relaxed with deadlines. Management trusted that the projects would be completed accurately and timely. The hardest part of the job was the customer didn't know what they needed or in what format. I had to determine what would fit their needs best. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that the information I provided allowed others to do their jobs easier and quicker. Jefferson County Public Schools in Louisville, KY has over 100,000 students and over 17,000 employees. We used SQL Server 2014 and SSRS 2014.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Little upward mobility
Jefferson-Pilot Communications
Promotions & Listener Services Coordinator - WLYF (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2017
This company was a model until for the communications industry and was pure joy to work for. The culture was modeled well so one actually looked forward to going to work every day.
You'll love it
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2017
I was working here through my extern and I absolutely loved it. If they were hiring I was told I would defiantly have been hired. You work for 5 physicians but the staff and management was amazing. They made sure to help you so you would be able to do everything in case you were to be employed somewhere else and you knew how to do it. Everything I've learned in school I was actually able to perform hands on and then some. EKGs, hearing & vision screenings, taking vitals, drawing blood & giving vaccines, sterilizing tools, stocking rooms, answering telephones, printing, coping, sending & receiving faxes, assisting the physician in exams. Amazing!
Pros
Great environment to work in
Good place to work.
Chief Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 12, 2016
Good place to work. Patient care and safety is the priority. Busy and ever changing healthcare field. I enjoy the challenge and the ever changing healthcare field of Radiation Oncology.
Pros
patients
Productive workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, ORAugust 3, 2016
Great team to work with.
Very great atmosphere
great workplace
Learn many new things from sales to plant varieties and excellent customer service
Fun workplace for a animal lover.
Kennel Worker and Quality Control Overseer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 2, 2016
I liked the job, but I could not deal with dogs, don't get me wrong... I LOVE ANIMALS but can not be the only person to clean dogs. I was only there whilst looking for a job (Then hired at Moes) for some summer money.
-Clean Dog Room/Kennels/Feed/Walk/Play/Wash Dogs.-

The environment there was o.k. but was really stressful due to people not wanting to continue their work there and leaving because it was such a dirty environment.
Pros
Free Lunch, Vacation Benefits.
Cons
Not Full-Time, Very Dirty Work Enviroment.
Great place
PC Field Technician/DSL Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 26, 2016
it is a pretty excellent place to work, you just will not have much time outside of work. There is not much room to grow internally from what I am experiencing and you will have to be okay with being micromanaged.
Pros
great boss and
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 6, 2016
I started working there as an assistant to the CFO and was quickly welcomed by all others that worked there. Being a non for profit organization made my job a bit different than anticipated, but with all the knowledge offered me by my boss and co-workers it quickly became second nature.
I was introduced to programs I had not used prior, but they were very user friendly.
Leaving was very hard because I felt a part of a team, but I was there on a temporary basis and I was aware that the original assistant would be back from maternity leave in mid March.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
none-I loved working there
Challenging
COUNTY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fayette, MSMarch 12, 2016
I enjoy working with people. I have great people skills. Most of all Im a great leader. The changes coming down from our state government are one my cons . You have to make sure our citizen get the information.
Pros
People
Cons
Not enough money
Highly professional boutique management consultancy firm
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2015
Jefferson Consulting is a team of highly professional consultants who work tirelessly in support of their clients. A typical day is 10 hours of work, yet if goes by so quickly as there is so much to do, and the nature of the work involves a lot of analysis and quick thinking. The results of which need to clearly documented and formatted in such a way that enables the client to quickly understand the outcomes.
Proceed with caution
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DENovember 2, 2015
Great benefits and perks. Family like atmosphere, at least on the surface, with a friendly staff unless they are yelling at you (didn't happen to me). Has it's skeletons but over all good place to work, unless you have ambition.
Pros
Overtime during peak tax season
Cons
No room for advancement
Day on the Job
Disciplinary/Training Officer (Current Employee) –  Fayette MSJune 26, 2015
Working for this organization is a very exciting job. By being a correctional facility you meet lots of inmates from all over with lots of stories to tell. You also work with a lot of differnt interesting people. It's a great place to work but you have to be strong willed and strong minded.
Great work
SERVER AND BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILApril 14, 2015
Being a server at Jefferson's allows me to gain great customer service and allows me to work in a fast paced environment. Great co-workouts and boss. I love making people happy and giving them top quality service.
Pros
bonus
Cons
not much room for advancing
fire department
Deputy Fire Chief (Former Employee) –  Vevay, INAugust 20, 2014
Great experience , touched a lot of lives in the community, be pround of your Fire department in your community they do work hard to earn your respect
Service Excellence
Nurse Assistant / Critical Care Tech. (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2014
Everyday of being at work is a constant and continuous collaboration of optimal service to our patients.
Office was uninviting to clients as well as employees
Community Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, MOJanuary 12, 2014
Typical day, come in, start computer, take clients documentations for programs they are applying for. Take clients to interview room and enter initial intake information on computer. Answer incoming phone calls and transfer calls to correct departments. Answer all voice mail messages left on telephone. Make copies of documentations needed for programs.
I have learned typically how to manage an office with limited resources
Management was in different city, lack of communication between offices
Co-workers in general, in our office with the exception of one person were easy to work with.
Most difficult part of job would be trying to find resources for clients specific needs
Most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help someone feel better about their situation and giving them the encouragement to move and and smile
Pros
Close to my house, 1 hour lunch
Cons
Lack of communication with management
educational experience
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, GAFebruary 24, 2013
woeking with children has its up most values. Children are our future completing their education is a must in order to suceed.
Pros
commiting to education
Cons
working with and teaching other people children
Great multicultural atmosphere
Speech pathologist (Former Employee) –  WaggamanJuly 23, 2012
Good support and in house training, diverse therapy challenges
Pros
ethnically diverse
Very Independable, Hardworking,Dedicated & A People Person
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJune 30, 2012
My duties are as follows: Running Sales with Budget Recaps, Adminstrative Functions, typing, computer, answering multiple phone calls, DSD verification and discrep., Hiring, Terming, Filing, Telephone unemployment when needed, Customer Service, Follow up on comments, Running reports,ISP, CAO, Had previous expierence with back up payroll-Kronos functions, associate and management support and many more. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and helping people. I like a workplace where I can help build teams and make it a comfortable place for associates and a friendly place for customers.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
long distance from home