Jekyll Island Authority Employee Reviews in United States

Difference of opinions
event coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jekyll Island State Park Authority, GADecember 4, 2015
Only apply for the event coordinator position if you like to sit around a lot and have a relationship with a lack of communication. There are some great folks that work for JIA and their marketing team is doing great things. But if you like to work hard, or have an opinion and ask questions, this may not be the job for you. If you come across as "stepping on toes" or "putting someone in their place" because you are curious, you won't last long, not even through your probationary period. They are looking for someone who can enjoy the SLOW SOUTHERN CULTURE of JIA... this position is more for an intern and not someone who likes to be productive.
Pros
amenities, government benefits
Cons
slow job with not much to do, lots of weekend hours, difficult manager, lack of communication
Not very organized company.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jekyll Island, GANovember 18, 2015
A typical work day we rode around in vans cleaning the bathrooms and walkways on all the beach access points. I learned a few things about the historical side of Jekyll. The management was fired for harassment so that says all that right there about my boss. I loved most of the women that I worked with we had our moments but most of the time we busted butt and got things done. Some times the hardest part was having to pressure wash for long periods of time which didn't work well with my injured arm from a wreck.
Jekyll is a great place to work and great environment.
Materials & Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Jekyll Island, GAMarch 19, 2014
I manage a warehouse for the Jekyll Island Authority, I order supplies needed for different departments, ship and receive UPS and FED EX packages, I keep count on all inventory using Microsoft Excel and charge the items that are received by other departments using interdepartmental transfers and at the first of the month I turn in reports to accounting and to all departments showing them what they have been charged, I also type and receive phone calls for facility maintenance work order. I have learned a lot of computer work, reports, faxing, driving forklift and having a positive attitude with everyone who comes in my office. I like the employees that I work with and my boss if great. It's just time for me to move on.
Was a great place to work/ educational and fun
Marjorie Johnson - Accounting Director (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 13, 2013
To be productive and to stay on my personal goal I set each day for myself. New historial thing of the Island, very good supervisor and my co-worker are all team players the hardest part is at year end when state auditors come. working at a place that all the department works together and have great personailties
Pros
the passes to all the admenties
Cons
i really didn't have any
Summer Waves
Certified Pool Operator /Maintence Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jekyll Island, GAJuly 23, 2013
A typical day at Summer Waves consisted of testing water to make sure pools were at the proper chemical levels. I would then make sure the filters were properly back washed. When the park opens I would test the water every hour and assist customers upon their request.
Pros
great summer job!!!
Cons
being in the sun all day every day!!
very great company very great flexibility in schedule.
Roads and Grounds (Former Employee) –  Jekyll Island, GADecember 10, 2012
co workers were great.atmosphere was excellent. daily operations and up keep of the island were easy and sted\ady all day long. i loved working on the beaches and being able to work and explore the island all at once.
Golf maintenance with fun benefits
GOLF COURSE MAINTENANCE (Former Employee) –  JEKLYY ISLAND, GAJanuary 11, 2012
Jekyll island has miles of beach, 54 holes of golf, water park, camping
Pros
golf, water park, camping, beach

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jekyll Island Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3