JELD-WEN

JELD-WEN United States Employee Reviews

swing shift 10 days straight 3 days off
C" Operator (Current Employee), Towanda PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good money
Cons: Swing Shift
Great place to work for a single person. No life outside of work. Great employee benefits. Swing shift. 10 days straight then 3 days off. Not a place you want to work when raising a family. People do it but I dont know how.
Not very well put together
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Stayton, ORMarch 25, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Management was terrible and procedures were not put together well. VERY out of date. Not a great company to work for. A typical day consisted of answering phones and scheduling people to get windwos replaced or fixed. It was the warranty division. Co-workers were ok, however they had a very high turnover rate due to the stress of the job and the manager. If she didnt like you she fired you. Nothing was enjoyable about this job.
not fun, full of favoritism
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Ringtown, PAMarch 18, 2015
the upper management likes favoritism they pick and choose who will advance and who will be the peons, very judgemental environment
changes, bad compensation, work around your schedule
Group Manager (Current Employee), Sulphur Springs, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: work around your schedule
Cons: compensation
Not a bad place to work. Not bad hours and they will work around your schedule. Management is going through a lot of changes so the company as a whole is changing without rewarding their employees for their dedication to work.
Productive and fun working place
Inspector (Former Employee), Pataskala, OHFebruary 24, 2015
It was an easy place to work. well organized and my co-workers and management was easy to get along with. One of the hardest parts of my job was learning everything that I needed to know.
Ample flexibility allowed to perform the job
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), MissouriFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: ample job flexibilty
Cons: the company infrastructure and manufacturing were not properly able to handle sales
This was a great entry level position to help me learn the business world. I was able to perform sales and service roles and work with end-consumers and retail outlet.
Overall good company
Coil Line Operator (Former Employee), Lexington, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: pays pretty good
Cons: short breaks
Good place to work at, learn alot, and pays alittle more then other companies in the area.
Working in manufacturing
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Ozark, ALDecember 14, 2014
Pros: at least 40 hrs per week
Cons: no advancement.
Working in manufacturing is a fast paced and sometimes slow paced line of work. There is not a lot of chance for advancement.
A good place to work
Quality Control Inspector Trim-Saw (Current Employee), Rocklin, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: working 4 days full-time, environment, co-workers, pay plus great benefits.
Cons: very short breaks, no hour lunch, repetitive work load.
I have learned a lot about the business of door manufacturing. It's rather interesting to see the finished product everyday. Typical day is a repetitive experience. It's a kind of job you get really good at within a few months. The co-workers are easy to get along with like at any other place. A very diverse work force to say the least, we have different ethnic groups through out the plant. Management is very competent and concerned about the safety of their team. Hardest part of the job is the breaking in period, theres a certain level of fatigue involved that you have to get used to. Overall Jeld-Wen is a good place to work with some advancement opportunities.
Productive workplace but felt a little like a dead end
Laborer (Former Employee), Stayton, ORNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good co-workers, good benefits, and a clean safe environment.
Cons: most supervisors are hired straight from college and don't have a clue what they're doing.
Start to finish it wasn't a bad place to work. I learned much about making windows and sliding doors. Management was a little clumsy and tended to want everyone to bend to their way which was more difficult. Management was also changed around almost bi-weekly. Co-workers were great, the hardest part was the number crunch, goals were set a little high for the speed of the equipment and people. I really enjoyed the people I worked with, they made it worth it to go back day after day.
Jeld-Wen Work Day
Coordinating Group Manager (Former Employee), Bend, ORNovember 14, 2014
Pros: working with my employees, getting to know them, and reaching all department weekly goals!
Cons: missing my employees. they were great employees!
I worked in management in JELD-WEN for almost 18 years. I oversaw multiple departments and employees throughout the years. Although demanding and every changing work environment, I really enjoyed my position. I enjoyed working with all my workers to reach the weekly goals. They believed in me and I appreciated all their efforts they gave each and everyday to be successful.
productive and great people to work with
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Bend, OROctober 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: wish we got more overtime
since I've been employed here I have been treated great, management listens to you're concerns and they care about your well being and also you're safety.
A fun work place.
Dock Worker/Labeler (Former Employee), Potsville PAAugust 22, 2014
Full time worker.
1st Shift 6:45 to 2:45
I've learned a lot about the trucking industury while working with this company.
Solid rural corporation
Group Manager-LFI (long-fiber injection) (Former Employee), Chiloquin, ORAugust 19, 2014
Love the small town nature of all production facilities. Promotes family recruitment.
Great learning experience
Group Manager (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FL.August 11, 2014
Pros: gave opportunities to learn the hard ways and best ways in most situtations
Cons: constantly looked like a bad guy to line employees, company culture was top down and led to some unhappiness in the facility.
Long hours, but were productive and experiential.

I learned to maintain my patience and gained the understanding that everyone is motivated differently.

Managed multiple processes and groups of people.

Gained multiple different perspectives/outlooks in various situations. Learned to work closely with upstream personnel, processes and products.

Trying to understand and implement the evolving and rapidly changing desires of upper management.

Challenging myself and my group to remain flexible and adaptable in the face of evolving needs/commands and overcoming them.

At the end of the day, my time spent at JELD-WEN was great! It helped me grow up and experience real working life. It has shaped me into who I am and I appreciated everything.
Focused on quality improvements while reducing manufacturing costs
R&D Special Projects Manager (Former Employee), Towanda, PAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: the people at the plant.
Cons: corporate policy
Excellent workforce at the plant where I was situated.
Excellent quality control / quality assurance system in place.
Continuous improvement activities were always going on.
Team work and multifunctional task teams were the norm.
productive fun work place
Lay up Line, Paint Line, Utilities (Former Employee), Sulphur Springs, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: benifits
Steady work place and positive management as well as employees.
Mismanaged and lack of identifiable chain of command, which unqualified supervisor's create an atmosphere lacking managerial work ethic and morale
laborer (Former Employee), RingtownJune 24, 2014
Cons: management
Working at Jeld-Wen Ringtown for nearly 2 months proved to be the biggest disappointment in the 10 years I worked in a factory setting. First off the interview is conducted by factory higher ups who if are interested in the worker will "talk-up" their company to no end, which will later prove regurgitation would of been better to have come out of their mouths for that long.
When they talk about department heads, line leads, supervisors, etc., they are talking about those on the floor who do nothing to help the employees they expect so much out of for so little. Incentive is not in existence because they will never set a goal possible for reaching, nor will any managers that oversee their floor staff has professional work ethics. It is great to give young people a chance at supervising position, but not when they know nothing about manager positions. The department was unsafe, people on phones when they were supposed to be taking windows off of worker next to them, jumping around line jobs and just causing chaos for the new worker.
It was a very miserable and pathetic excuse for a work environment, no manager with real credentials would consider Ringtown, PA's Jeld-Wen a place that has any possible laborer respect.
Great place
Factory Worker (Current Employee), Hawkins, WIJune 23, 2014
Loved working here. Great kids and great employees. Hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of the night. It is a great environment.
popular door manufacturer
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJune 21, 2014
good place to work for. To bad they closed the plant. decent hours and decent pay. only downfall was that is was not very well climate controlled

1 2 3 4

About JELD-WEN

JELD-WEN's business strategy is open and shut. A leading maker of windows and doors, the company offers aluminum, vinyl, and wood – Read more

JELD-WEN Salaries