JELD-WEN Employee Reviews in United States

Very Tedious, draining, and demanding work
Labeler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VTJuly 5, 2016
JELD-WEN was short, but far from a sweet experience. The work load there is very demanding. Most of the time you are either struggling to keep up with the demanding work, or standing around doing nothing because the workers are sick of doing anything. The environment is awful in the summer time without any a/c throughout the factory except within the management offices. They are usually more quick to write you up for being 10 seconds late to your shift than they are to reward you for doing a great days worth of work. The attitude of the workers is terrible with majority of the people more looking forward to getting out than they are of going to work. Breaks are only 10 minutes long, with majority of the break taking up the time just to walk across the factory or out to your car. There are no personal benefits or incentive to get any of the work done other than job security. Once they realize you are good at a job they are usually quick to leave you too it even if you show interest in doing other things. Management is terrible with most decisions being based upon taking more things away from the workers and being more strict when it comes to messing up. When it comes to personal of family matters outside of work, they will be more quick to worry about how many doors are going out than the own employee's personal well being. The only good thing about the place is the pay if you are willing to stick through the elimination process of temporary employees and hold over the job long enough to do so.
Pros
Alright Pay
Cons
Tedious Work, with very little benefits
poor work enviorment
line worker (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAMay 29, 2016
either your to hot or to cold, pushed till you fall over, not trusted to do your job cameras all over the building. Management so smart they are dumb. Advancement within the plant is not there, and a lot more
Pros
you get a pay check
Cons
everything
meet great people, they worked with you, and helped you.
fork lift driver (Former Employee) –  Towanda, PAApril 2, 2016
i loved working for jeld-wen i got along great with everyone, im still friends with some of the people their. i was part of the er team one of the best programs i got involved in.
Pros
free lunch once in a while, safety meeting they cared about their people
Cons
cant think of one
my view aka the truth
Glass Cutter (Current Employee) –  Grinnell, IAMarch 31, 2016
Jeldwen is a fine company but lacks the upper management strength. The company does pay well but does not seem to have the best employees.
work at jeld-wen
line worker (Current Employee) –  potsville, PaMarch 30, 2016
very nice place to work- easy work-but a lot of indecision from managers and a lot of dumb ideas that are not thought trough before implemented. Over all best time of the day is going home
Productive warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 19, 2016
I enjoy my current job but I moved to Deland 5 months ago, I work 3rd shift and its becoming dangerous during the morning for the drive , its a excellent company to work but the commute is long, I recommend my work place.
Pros
Hours, benefits
Cons
Commute
Not your average pit stop!
Quality Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 17, 2016
Overall company isn't ideal for a career job, team leads are more dependable and hard working than the supervisors.
The higher up cover up each others mistakes by firing employees, and job security is questionable on daily basis. If not for the team leads and 2 supervisors I would contact the EEOC on this company!
Pros
team work, work load
Cons
unappreciation, communication, short breaks with long hours
It was fine.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORMarch 8, 2016
It was fine. I had to leave because of another employee nothing to to with management. I would recommend Jeld-Wen to people seeking employment.
Pros
Fair pay, lots of days off
Cons
long hours, hard labor
I loved the Company.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCMarch 7, 2016
The employer was amazing to work for. I did not however love the 7 12 hours days on 7 days off. The management would go out of their way to make sure they took care of the employee.
Pros
Lots of thank you event, Safety Dinners to show they appreciate us
Cons
The long 12 hour days working 7 days a week.
tough workplace but the employees are friendly.
A Helper (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORFebruary 27, 2016
you get sent to a section where you are based on what you learn and how fast you do it, the better you are the better the job you get.
productive and fun working environment.
welder (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORFebruary 22, 2016
a typical day at work started early and stayed productive. worked in required area for that day and made sure that the quality of the windows were acceptable for it to leave my area.I learned to be a good teammate and a quick learner since a lot of the time things came up and you had to fix things on the spot. Management could have been better. my co workers were friendly and we got along and got the job done. The hardest part of the job was dealing with machines breaking down and slowing down the productivity of the line and lowering the moral of the group you are working with, a broken machine lowers the incentive that we were working so hard to keep. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a finished product at the end of the line with high quality. knowing that the customer was going to be happy with our finished product.
Pros
plenty of vending machines and fun co workers
Cons
lack of communication between workers and management
not bad place to work for
laborer (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAFebruary 17, 2016
I start at 6:45am to 2:45pm. I have learned to do many different jobs since I have been there from team leader to loading trucks. Sometimes you need to take on jobs yourself, to know how to handle them when no ones around. Like to work with others. Hardest part of the job is being able to accomplish a lot in a little time. Be responsible to be left alone that the boss trust me with the tasks at hand.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
short breaks
It was money
Door repair (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 17, 2016
The work was decent for the money i had earned, but they kept taking more and more time with not real compensation, for such things. they kept adding more and more rules making work even harder.
A day would consist of pushing doors and repairing some to put them back on the line, along with paper work, making sure each stack of doors had the right information with the right amount of doors, going to the right place.
Management was more concerned with numbers despite saying safety was number one, Number was even better then quality.
Co-workers where fine in fact if not for them it would have been really bad working there.
The hardest part about the job was keeping up with all the new rules and procedures that they gave and took every few weeks.
The most enjoyable part was when everything went smoothly with a few repairs while all the machines worked.
Pros
Was able to go to speedway for lunch, decent money
Cons
Short breaks, and no extra breaks on longer days.
IT Suffers From Overwhelming Attrition
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 25, 2016
The current IT management structure suffers from two things:

1) Poor English communication skills.
2) The belief that losing dozens of key IT management and staff can be balanced by increased outsourcing of resources.

In the face of this resources attrition, management promises more elaborate and resource-intensive deliverables to IT's stakeholders at an ever-increasing pace.
Pros
Lots of work and opportunities to learn new things.
Cons
Everything that can go wrong when management doesn't communicate well in English:)
Very ignorant people
Sealer (Former Employee) –  Ringtown, PANovember 25, 2015
They don't train the new employees. No teamwork, they don't use proper ppe, and they didn't give me medical care when I needed stitches. Then the next day I was terminated for cutting my finger. Now I cannot find work and worried about losing the house I lived in for 43 years. They are very heartless.
Pros
It's close to home
Cons
Not a secure job, poor pay and they lay off employees during the holidays.
They believe in cross training
Lead Customer Service-Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 22, 2015
I was able to learn many different positions within the office. Since the company believes in cross training, I was able to learn positions such as Human Resources that I had never been trained on before. The atmosphere was like family here and I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Being able to learn many positions
Cons
Very long work hours at times up to 80 hours a week
run you dry 10 hr days on 3rd shift while 1st only has to work 8 hrs
Painter (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 12, 2015
management is quick to place blame on everyone before them self
they allow management to say what ever they want to you yell, cuss there are no sensors, the want numbers over quality and keep getting the product back that was sent out in bad condition from the beginning.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Fast pace and challenging, worked will with my co-wokers and supervisior.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IASeptember 25, 2015
Worked with technicians to release parts, to locate and reorder missing or damaged parts. Worked with severl differnt computer porgrams to schedule appointments.
good industry
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHSeptember 24, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
individual input not appreciated
Customer Care Center (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IAAugust 17, 2015
This company was not a good fit for my work skills or ethics. Work environment not geared at all to employee input. Promotions geared towards time in company and not skills that match jobs.

2.9