Jennersville Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Jennerville Hospital
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  West Grove, PASeptember 13, 2017
I really liked volunteering at Jennersville Hospital because it helped me to learn hard work pays out in the end, and how to work together with others.
Pros
Fast Pase working
Cons
no cons
Former Employee
Med tech (Former Employee) –  West Grove, PAJuly 8, 2017
Fun place to work, co-workers are supportive and friendly. Small country hospital that can get busy at times but for the most part is slow. Good management.
Clean, friendly, place to work.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Grove, PAMay 11, 2017
Enjoyed working at Jennersville for a long time. Schedule was compatible and easy to maintain. Friendly co workers made it easy to complete daily tasks. Hardest part was maintaining inventory necessary to do the job. Enjoyed working with the mothers and babies that delivered there and meeting their families in a happy situation.
Pros
Close to my home, hours that were perfect for me. Good insurance and benefits.
Cons
Periodic call offs, management intervention.
Good learning environment
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  West Grove, PAMay 9, 2017
I did my clinical work here as a student radiologic technologist and found it to be a good learning environment. I found the people there to be very experienced and engaged.
Very poor management team!
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Grove, PAMay 8, 2017
Management team was very biased , untrained, and unprofessional. There was always favoritism shown, poor recognition, poor training, no incentive to do better.
Pros
nice location
Cons
management, pay, lack of training, inconsistency in policy
Great place to work.
Part time evenings and weekends (Current Employee) –  Jennersville, PAMarch 2, 2017
Enjoyable work experience. Great friendly people including management. I am constantly being challenged and learning new aspects of HVAC. For me the hardest part of the job is the fact that I am only part time, Which does not give me enough time to make the impact I know I can make.
Pros
Good enviornment Cheap cafe.
Cons
n/a
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  West Grove, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Hospital needs to get updated. Many of the nurses have been there too long and are not willing to change to adapt to the new medical environment. The way of doing things is very antiquated. The staff is very short at times compromising patient care and making it stressful.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
short staff, bad attitudes
CHS will take down your community
Peasent (Current Employee) –  West Grove, PAAugust 31, 2016
This place continues to be run into the ground, despite being renovated. Dirty secrets, lies, and lawbreakers roam the halls; specifically, management is a group of UN-professional, catty, CHILDREN who continue to be employed due to working for less than those who would be qualified for said positions.
Pros
The nursing staff are some of the best people you will ever meet.
Cons
Labor laws will be broken and you will be underpaid and you will experience NEPOTISM.
Jennersvill Regional Hospital
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westgrove,PaAugust 10, 2016
Very challenging, multitask on a daily basis. Great hours. Something new every day. Could use more technicians in the maintenance department. Some days a little more overwhelming than others.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
pay scale
awful place to work at
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  West Groove PAJuly 11, 2016
Jennersville Regional Hospital is an awful place to work, very close minded conservative HR, too many patients to nurse ratio. low quality care. Really high turn around rate.
Did Phlebotomy here
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Grove, PAOctober 27, 2014
Was laid off from the lab after about 10 months. EWorked in the lab running test
Easy Commute
Med-Surg/Telemetry Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Grove, PASeptember 11, 2014
Friendly, warm atmosphere. Recently renovated, small hospital.
Education is a very important component at Jennersville Regional Hospital and I am glad that I am part of making that happen.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Avon Grove, PAAugust 13, 2014
A typical day at work includes certifying individuals for BLS. During the year, classes are available for staff and outside nursing staff for IV class, telemetry, ACLS, etc.
I have learned to update the courses accordingly and to extend my expertise in teaching the community.
Co-workers are very receptive to learning and make classes very interesting and worthwhile.
Currently, I am working with other staff and management in the process for applying for a Primary certification as a stroke center. This is very exciting and offers challenges in addition to the teaching portion of the job as a staff educator.
Pros
Flexible hours as a per diem staff educator
Cons
Uncertainty of job viability
Volunteered -- began my career into the health care system
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  West Grove, PAJune 30, 2014
I learned so much from the company and from the volunteers! I have much respect for the workers in the Health Care industry.
er registration
ER Registration/ Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  West Grove, PAApril 8, 2014
Love what I do registering patients, collecting demos, admitting, discharging, finding insurances but overnight is a rough shift
Lab Supervisor/Medical Technologist
Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Grove, PAMarch 14, 2014
I am a certified Medical Technologist has 14+years of experience in this field.
Small community hospital
Health Information Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Grove, PAJuly 30, 2013
Jennersville Regional Hospital is a small community hospital. What is nice about working there is that everyone knows you. You are treated like a big family. The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling of accomplishment that I have done my very best for the hospital and their patients and patient families. Everyone is friendly and my fellow co-workers pull together when a special project needs to be done quickly. I feel our department, especially, is a fine-tuned machine.
Pros
Reduced lunch fees.
Cons
Short to no breaks.
There are better places to work than here.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  West GroveApril 24, 2013
Little to no training, then when you make a mistake your in trouble. Management does not know how to properly and effectively communicate with staff. When mistakes are made you are made to feel guilty, humiliated and given little to no effective corrective action(s) to prevent future mistakes.

Severely understaffed leaving employees feeling overburdened and overwhelmed. There is a feeling that no one cares about what they are doing, they only care about themselves. There was little to no teamwork.

There are a handful of really good doctors, nurses and other staff that really do care, but there are far too many who do not.

Departments are being run by people who are not qualified and really do not know what is required to do the job.

There is no follow through to ensure things are done properly and there is no accountability when things aren't.

Turnover in all departments is very high, I'd guesstimate over 45%. Half a dozen people left in the time I was there.
Great facility gone down hill
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  West Grove, PADecember 24, 2012
Jennersville Hospital is a small, local facility that has been around for more than 50 years and used to be well respected by their employees and community. The last decade has seen serious changes to this hospital in the form of management, policies and treatment of employees, forcing those employed, as well as the people of the community, to develop severe doubt in the sincerity of the company. It is very unfortunate because a good part of the staff are very caring and compassionate individuals who have become pawns in less passionate atmosphere. Family used to be the number one concern here, but it has taken not only a backseat, but it has been relegated to the 'caboose' of this fast moving train that most want to 'jump from' now rather than continue the ride.

If you love your job and what you do.....look elsewhere because there is no room for caring individuals in this facility.
Cons
loss of benefits for some departments, low pay, poor management, no work/life balance in place
A very enjoyable workplace.
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  West Grove, PANovember 7, 2012
I enjoyed working for JRH. I enjoyed my work and helping patients in any way that i could. My co-workers were wonderful.