Jennings Center for Older Adults Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace, very team oriented
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHAugust 31, 2013
This was the location of my third clinical rotation. My typical day was to go over my schedule and perform therapy in the capacity of a student physical therapist assistant. The director tried to make the work assignments fair and balanced for all therapy employees. What I found best was that once you were assigned a resident you worked with that same resident until they were discharged from therapy. That allowed you to give accurate descriptions of their abilities from one day to the next. The employees were very kind to help a student and each other for ideas. They truly were a hard working team that got along with everyone. The only thing that I did not find favorable was that some residents could not tolerate the max therapy times they were given so productivity had to go down when you had to re-start later in the day.
Nice facilty to work for
Assisting the elderly (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHJuly 22, 2013
Was a large facility run by Catholic's. Took care of Alzheimer's patients and my days were always different. It was a challenge with my patients, but made my job more enjoyable. I like a challenge. I had friendly co-workers and the work environment was great. The hardest part of my job was losing patients that I cared for on a daily basis. The most enjoyable was coming to work everyday and seeing a smile on my patients and being able to meet their needs.
Pros
had a day care if you had children and needed daycare.
Cons
no insurance and not enough hours
Difficult environment
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHJuly 22, 2015
The administrators are very "clique-ish" condescending to staff. Raises and promotions were strictly given to those within the group. Administrators making hundreds of thousands while staff was barely making above poverty level.
Some leadership nursing staff bullied other staff members. Even some of the residents family would hear such behavior. But when complaints were made to administration, nothing would be done.
Definitely has changed - for the worse
Cons
negative work environment
very nice people to work with
stna (Former Employee) –  garfield hts.June 15, 2012
overall good place to work the people are open an honest enjoyed the patients made good cowrkers an friend a religous backbone makes you feel at home but the management needs to care more about the workers not just think of them as a number that can come and go
Pros
the residents, the sisters
Cons
short lunches, people who really dont knowyou an are judgemental
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHMarch 26, 2013
I started my nursing career at Jennings it has a fast paced friendly environment. I learned to be efficient and handle multiple tasks. My co-workers are team players and we all work together for our patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your residents because it is a long term care facility.
Enjoyable part of my job
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garfield Hts, OHAugust 22, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is making my residents happy and making the family member feel at ease knowing that they love ones is getting good care and loved like they was myself or my family member.
wonderful residents
Licensed Practical Nurse/Neighborhood Coordinator (Current Employee) –  garfield heights ohioMay 20, 2014
I enjoy going into work every day due to the supportive staff and wonderful residents I care for.
Great first job
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Garfield Hts, OHSeptember 10, 2014
This job was a great first job, but they eventually closed the store.