Jennings Center for Older Adults

Jennings Center for Older Adults Employee Reviews

Teamwork is an A+
STNA (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHMay 8, 2017
Working at Jennings is very comfortable and fair. The employees are very helpful and caring. The facility is clean, the work load is great even when we are short its not bad at all. I can say that Jennings is one of the best nursing homes I have ever work for. I plan on staying there PRN You cant get no better than Jennings.
Pros
Good Pay and Payroll deductable for lunches, t-shirts, and hardships. Overtime
Cons
Nick Picky people here and there
Great Co-Workers - Poor Management
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHFebruary 27, 2017
Management had little regard for staff. Did not actually understand what the jobs were and would hide in offices without responding to calls or needs of staff
A very easy going place.
Adult Day Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2017
It is a place for elderly to come and relax or get the help they need without having to do much travelling. Its clean and taken care of. Well fit for an elderly center.
Overall Great Employer
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Have worked at the facility for 3 1/2 years. They care about their employees and residents. The facility is clean and the residents well cared for. Staffing levels are better than many other LTC facilities. Positive work environment. Most staff very friendly.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Work through lunch frequently
Bad work enviroment. Too much Favortism
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHJune 29, 2016
I worked here . its so not worth your time or effort . you will never be appreciated or recognized for anything unless you fall in the click. Raises are ridiculous. No body cares what's going on. The higher of mangement covers up the click and favortism. They don't care about the resisdents. All they care about is the money they are getting from them . you aren't treated like a person but more like a number. Do yourself a favor .... Don't waste your time with this job.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Very good company
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHJune 28, 2016
I love working with great people. The residents were very nice and I always like helping them with the ADL's. The hardest part of my job is lifting heavy residents, but I overcome that with the help of my coworkers. I enjoy working with great people to ensure that the residents have a safe, fun filled home. The management team were all so nice and made me feel welcome to Jennings.
Anon (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHApril 29, 2016
Jennings is a great environment to work in, not at all your typical nursing home. The residents are definitely the priority and the focus is on their needs rather than on profit. Visitors routinely comment on how clean it is, how it doesn't smell like a nursing home, and the staff will always smile and say hi. There is definitely a high standard for staff which means there's not a lot of down time, but that hard work is part of what makes Jennings as nice as it is.
Pros
Clean, safe, fair, person centered, good benefits
productive and fun place to work
STNA (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHApril 27, 2016
A work day runs pretty smooth at Jennings. It is a lot of team players that work there. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
you can get cancelled a lot
Rewarding Experience
SENIOR SOCIAL SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHMarch 29, 2016
Very rewarding place to work, if seeing your hard work make a difference this is a place to be. I truly enjoyed working with the residents and their families to ensure the quality of life needs were being met.
Enjoyable part of my job
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garfield Hts, OHAugust 22, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is making my residents happy and making the family member feel at ease knowing that they love ones is getting good care and loved like they was myself or my family member.
Difficult environment
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHJuly 22, 2015
The administrators are very "clique-ish" condescending to staff. Raises and promotions were strictly given to those within the group. Administrators making hundreds of thousands while staff was barely making above poverty level.
Some leadership nursing staff bullied other staff members. Even some of the residents family would hear such behavior. But when complaints were made to administration, nothing would be done.
Definitely has changed - for the worse
Cons
negative work environment
Great first job
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Garfield Hts, OHSeptember 10, 2014
This job was a great first job, but they eventually closed the store.
wonderful residents
Licensed Practical Nurse/Neighborhood Coordinator (Current Employee) –  garfield heights ohioMay 20, 2014
I enjoy going into work every day due to the supportive staff and wonderful residents I care for.
Nice facilty to work for
Assisting the elderly (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHJuly 22, 2013
Was a large facility run by Catholic's. Took care of Alzheimer's patients and my days were always different. It was a challenge with my patients, but made my job more enjoyable. I like a challenge. I had friendly co-workers and the work environment was great. The hardest part of my job was losing patients that I cared for on a daily basis. The most enjoyable was coming to work everyday and seeing a smile on my patients and being able to meet their needs.
Pros
Had a day care if you had children and needed daycare.
Cons
No insurance and not enough hours
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHMarch 26, 2013
I started my nursing career at Jennings it has a fast paced friendly environment. I learned to be efficient and handle multiple tasks. My co-workers are team players and we all work together for our patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your residents because it is a long term care facility.
very nice people to work with
stna (Former Employee) –  garfield hts.June 15, 2012
overall good place to work the people are open an honest enjoyed the patients made good cowrkers an friend a religous backbone makes you feel at home but the management needs to care more about the workers not just think of them as a number that can come and go
Pros
the residents, the sisters
Cons
short lunches, people who really dont knowyou an are judgemental
very productive workplace with flexible management
STNA (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights,OHMarch 10, 2012
you will like this place pay is great and staff is very nice envioirnemt is always nice very fast paced but still energy is positive, Once you prove yourself management is always willing to help out with whatever you may need, they also offer free counseling if you are facing some very tough situaitions.
Pros
eveything is obtainable for employees
Cons
short staffed frequently

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jennings Center for Older Adults. Our community is ready to answer.

Jennings Center for Older Adults Reviews by Location