Jenny Craig Inc Employee Reviews

Poor management, and low hours.
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 31, 2017
Worked there for a year & some months. Hours got cut to pretty much nothing, didn’t get paid enough to deal with all the things I dealt with. The CD is not trained to do her job at all. So much stress.
Cons
Center director, low hours.
It's nice but you won't get rich
Weight Loss Counselor / Personal Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 28, 2017
It was a laid back place to work and you got to feel good about helping people but at times people didn't want any further help. It was still sales oriented and you had to call client's who hadn't been in to see if you could get them back on the program.
Cons
Sales
Friendly Caring Workplace
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILDecember 27, 2017
My experience with Jenny Craig Inc was fun and friendly. The staff seemed to genuinely care about their clients. They provided me with a unique social experience. Most consultants were emotionally supportive while providing an achievable and healthy weight loss plan.
Pros
Discounts on food and products
workplace culture
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2017
This was the worst job I ever had because it was commission based and it was a cut throat business I learned my lesson I will never work for commission again
Pros
long long break
Cons
work long hours
Micromanaged
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXDecember 15, 2017
We were constantly being picked at and overly managed. My center director honestly did not know her position and duties of her job. Hours were constantly cut, without notice. They expect you to pick up shifts at every location. In the end, they cared more about sales and less about the members.
Pros
Meeting members.
Cons
Hours based on labor.
awesome and inspiring
Centre Director (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIDecember 13, 2017
Excellent work environment, can be fast paced at times but it was a very collaborative team. This company while of course having a bottom line truly cares about changing lives and empowering clients to do so
Pros
clients were awesome
Cons
can be a bit emotional sometimes hearing the clients backgrounds ans livewsw but totally orth it
Program Director
Program Director (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 10, 2017
Great Company to work for and the product is amazing. The hardest part about the job was keeping clients and that was due to the cost of the food. I loved seeing the look on the clients face when the saw how much weight and how many inches were lost in the 1st month.
Pros
got discounted food as an employee.
Cons
High sales goals
Consultant
Consultant/Program Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2017
Not sure have not been there in years but am being forced to write a review. Don't have a lot of other info on the company since it's been years and years.
Wonderful relationship with clients, high level management wonderful
Health and Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 30, 2017
Higher level management is great and wants you to succeed, great co workers. Have to deal with lots of different personalities as part of the job. Great clients, helping to impact and change lives
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Doing work three people used to do, company that owns them now are trying to sell Jenny Craig so alot of change, management expects a lot that is not in job description and what you’re not paid to do
Slowly dying company.
Wellness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 27, 2017
Do not work here, they barely give you hours and all they care about is making money. They told me I would be full time when I started, but only had me working 20 hours a week. They make you call past clients.
productive
Bilingual Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hatillo Municipio, PRNovember 26, 2017
The job was a very fast-paced one, very competitive and stressful, not flexible with the shifts, no 401K nor health insurance. but there is a lot to learn and much teamwork to do.
Cubicle Icebox
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 24, 2017
If you like to do boring data entry in a chilly office, listening to call center workers endlessly complain about their jobs, then Jenny Craig might suit you. Most workers here come on as temps, and are given huge promises and propaganda by Kelly Services that the job will lead to permanent status. The reality is that you will remain a temp employee, be given false information about the length of your assignment by both Jenny Craig and Kelly Services, and will be let go without any warning. Seek elsewhere for a better, higher paying job, they are out there. The work you'll do at Jenny Craig is mindnumbingly boring, and even if you someone are taken on to full employee status, there is almost no room for advancement.
Pros
Free soft drinks
Cons
Selling super expensive microwave "food"
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 19, 2017
you are on the phone all day long cancelling or programming deliveries, no time for breaks or lunches. Need to stay after work if managers wants to do something extra with no previous notice.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
managers preferences on employees
well run business, so much better than 1 would expect
Center Director (Current Employee) –  KansasNovember 13, 2017
management cares about you and balancing your life; people are friendly and helpful; good benefits - better than you would expect; if you work hard you get recognized, days go quickly because it's fast paced and fun but not overwhelming; pay may seem low but you get raises and can work towards bonuses; ability to move up within the company; discounts; training trips paid for completely by the company
I love my job
Market Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 8, 2017
I have worked for JC for over 4 years. I had no idea at the time, that this would be my forever career. I have never worked for a company quite like JC. They are people. Real people. Being passionate is something we pride ourselves on. I have found my forever home at Jenny Craig. Kicking off the covers in the morning is no longer met with the anxiety of going to a job that I hate.
Some examples of why-
Being a mother of 5, I appreciate their value of work life balance.
It is a company that is always evolving, changing for the greater good of the company, clients and employees.
They ask for our feedback, and care about what we have to say.
The benefits are very good, and the pay allows me to provide for my family.
The training and support that they offer is so hands on, and always available and a priority.
I am proud to be part of such a thoughtful company.
Pros
Pay, advancement, work life balance, passionate, fun, changing lives
Would not recommend
Area Market Director (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 5, 2017
The Company is not healthy and you always feel your job could be eliminated at any point in time. I survived three restructures and could not take the stress of waiting for the next change.
Pros
Some
Cons
Product is outdated
Love heping people achieve their healthy weight loss goals
Market Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2017
Great place to work to achieve the success of helping clients with their weight loss goals. Working with individuals towards their goals provides a great source of accomplishment.

Team work is what use a great company to work for. Support of peers and upper management.

Amazing training and development of your career.

Constant room for growth.
Pros
able to live a healthy lifestyle and support others
Cons
work life blance can be a challenge
Food Room Attendant and Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Factoria, WAOctober 28, 2017
As a weight loss consultant, I found the job to be very rewarding. I worked in 2 different locations over time, the team you work with will determine your level of enjoyment in this job, but you control your success.
Unless you don't need to pay a ton of bills, go ahead and apply
HEALTH & WELLNESS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAOctober 23, 2017
Working at JC in the beginning was great! I went in to one center, met with clients, and worked on what needed to be done, However, my hours got cut and they had me hop from one center to the other. Despite that, I still didn't get enough hours. Some of the employees I worked with tried using me so they could get their time off and when they were on vacation, we lost multiple clients.
Stressful
Centre Director (Current Employee) –  CAOctober 18, 2017
Company does not value employees. They would rather a salaried employee work 12 hour days than give the hours to an hourly employee. I have had 3 people in my centre quit in the last 3 months because their hours got cut from 35 or 40 hours per week down to 15 hours per week. We deal with multiple clients coming in at the same time when working alone with no help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jenny Craig Inc. Our community is ready to answer.