Jeppesen Employee Reviews

Great place, great people
Market Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 6, 2013
Jeppesen is Boeing owned company with an outstanding group of individuals at its core. I was brought in as a contractor, and was embraced by the entire team. Everyone was more than happy to help show me the ropes and give me their personal insight into the aviation industry. On the downside, aviation is extraordinarily complex, and the vernacular is a lengthy process to learn. Additionally, management is often completely swamped, and it could be difficult to raise concerns/questions. Days were typically very fast-paced with little down time, which is great if you're an energetic person like me, but I'm sure some may get burnt out. What I liked best was the receptiveness to change that was pervasive among most people there. If someone were to come up with a more efficient way of going about something, people would happily embrace it.
Pros
awesome management with a hands-off, accountability-based style.
Cons
very lean organization with few permanent opportunities
You might like it...might not
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2012
I can't say Jepp is a horrible place to work, there's much worse out there but it all depends. If you're a little "Aviation Geek" and generally the follower type, they you'll probably he happy. If you're the cutting edge fast paced type, you'll hate it. Jeppesen loves to play corporate, You know, all the buzzwords, touch feely stuff, imaginary competitors, etc but at the end of the day, Jeppesen is still a monopoly and, from a technological standpoint, operating about 20 years behind the times. It's very politically oriented and reviews/ raises seem to be based on whether or not you "fit in". It's kind of an oddball culture...hard to describe. everyone seems to walk around scared or timid....I never did figure out why everyone is so scared. You might like it, might not, There were a few happy people there but I didn't run in to many.
Pros
boeing beneifits, nice area
Cons
politics, strange culture
Great benefits, great people but weak management and no direction
Assisting domestic and international airlines (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 16, 2012
Typical day was troubleshooting software and flight planning issues.
Worked with an amazing team, really great people. Zero training, you're basically thrown to the wolves lol. My direct management was a really nice group of guys, I'd love to have a beer with any of them. However, upper-upper management was slightly out of touch with modern technology and leadership methods and it trickled down leaving a lot of us searching for direction and motivation.
I'd still be there but had to relocate for family reasons. All in all, it's a solid company. I t is going to depend on which department you're a part of because each one is it's own separate kingdom.
Pros
benefits, cafeteria, discounts, location, co-workers, company paid volunteer opportunities
Cons
no leadership, old software, management out of touch with modern processes
Jeppesen
Senior Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 13, 2012
Company is full of people who have been in the company a long time, defiantly a good old boys club. Management is clueless, tons of "great ideas" but they are never implemented. I had 3 managers in a matter of 18 months. They don't follow interview processes they just announce that someone is you new boss.

I've seen a ton of good people come and go, and it seems that the ones that stay are out of touch with IT and the business they are in.

I used to love it at Jeppesen, its has gone into a downward spiral with layoffs, and now a re-org. If you want a career in IT steer clear of this company.
Pros
cafeteria is awesome! benefits from boeing are awesome!
Cons
horrible uneducated management, poor infrastructure, good old boy system
Too many egos
director (Former Employee) –  DenverJuly 4, 2012
Lots of silos with little transparency or accountability. They cover it up by saying, "It's about relationships", when really they are disrespecting levels of authority. There is no discipline or commitment to changing, but they sure talk a big game. The IT department is about as antiquated as a company this size can get, and HR is totally run amuck. Every leader is climbing on the back of another all to raise themselves up rather than seeing it takes giving credit away to earn respect. It's a shame, there are many employees giving all they have to this organization and the few bad apples are ruining the cart.
Pros
friendly, sincere front line employees
Cons
pay is well below market, expectations too high, no method to track accomplishments
Great company/lifestyle not for everyone.
Boeing Contractor, NetJets (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 17, 2014
I love aviation but this work environment is not for everyone. 24/7 operation with 12 hour shifts makes it hard to get things done on work days. Also being such a fast paced environment there's little time to actually get up during the shift which means a lot of sitting while navigating multiple systems. Just not healthy. Great management team works with you and your schedule, understanding the shifts are not always condusive to peoples lifes. Wonderful co-workers with the same drive and passion.
Pros
3-4 days off, holiday pay, occassional lunchs provided
Cons
short or no offical breaks
Great work place
Production Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 22, 2012
Jeppesen is a great place to work for!! Good Benifits Decent pay, But no place for advancement, A typical day at work for me, is pretty fun weather it being assembling airplane manuels or mending them it is very tedious but fun, My supervisiors are awesome and understanding and fun, As well as my co-workers we are all a part of a team and we get things done when times are tough, The hardest part of the job is that it is very tedious looking at paper all day is hard but fun at the same time, The most enjoyable part of my work day is being able to be apart of a great team, and being able to work and laugh and finish big projects
Pros
good benifits
Cons
short breaks, no promotions, small raises
Outstanding dedication to reliable mission critical solutions
PROGRAM MANAGER - NAVIGATION INFORMATION SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 3, 2014
Among all places I've worked on navigation and location based services, Jeppesen is uniquely remarkable for its dedication to providing the most dependable, accurate and up to date products available. Wherever I traveled in my work with Jeppesen at public events, customer would always seek me out to let me know how important the Jeppesen services were to them - often relating stories of how Jeppesen's navigation services helped save lives. Very proud of this company.
Great People, though that may change
Intel Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2013
This company has some of the best people at work. Atmosphere sometimes is laid back although there are issues with budget and legacy system issues within its IT. It strives to grow large like its parent company, but it is restrained by its limited budget in certain areas. Right now it is going through downsizing and may end up like the typical corporate restructure of laying people off than rehiring new ones.
Pros
work/life balance and benefits from parent company.
Cons
corporate restructuring, budget issues.
Depends on where you work
Finance (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 22, 2012
Your experience may vary depending on where within Jeppesen you work. My experience in finance has been disappointing as the majority of the work is variance analysis and explanations, headcount reconciliations and data entry. We have about three months in the year not devoted to the budget. If you are looking for your financial skills to regress then Jeppesen is a good place to be.
Pros
still a strong business, good work life balance, boeing
Cons
politics, silos, boeing
pilot manual
order fullfillment/revisions (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLMay 9, 2014
A day at work here is day filled with pilot maps. So you start to know places all around the world. Also have to pay attention to detail. For example you don't want the pilot flying to san juan costa rica. When they where schedule to fly to san jose Californa. So detail is key at this job.
Pros
alot off overtime
Cons
short breaks
Challenging and engaging work environment
Instructional Systems Designer (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other people. There was a lot of movement going on within management at the time of my employment which I think made my experience there atypical. Most people who work there enjoy helping others and seeing other people be successful.
Pros
Working with Subject Matter Experts
Cons
Transition within management at my time of employment.
maps
Map Organizer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 2, 2015
I honestly enjoyed working at jeppesen . I learned to work at a fast pace and got htings done. My co workers were nice but others were really catty and focused more on me than there job.My favorite part of this job was i was always busy non stop.
Pros
always doing something
Cons
horrible workers
Productive and fun environment to work
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Englewood,COJune 30, 2014
Working with a agile development and interacting with business users every day makes the job exciting . Learning the use cases and different test data early in the project drives to a fewer test cycles.
Pros
very flexible work hours, ability to learn different tool
Cons
moving away from current technology or applications`
Decent place to work with good benifits
Supervisor - Global Navigational Services (Current Employee) –  Lombard - ILJune 17, 2014
Managed a production team for a sunseting product line.

Most people who work for the company believe in our products and want the company to be successful. The upper levels of management seem out of touch, and that leads to lots of messaging problems with the staff.
Detailed, exacting work for low pay.
Revision Specialist (Former Employee) –  COMarch 13, 2015
Detailed, exacting work for low pay. Work with very good, friendly people. Attention to details is a must. Quarterly reviews are not given on time and small raises depend on them. Work recording equipment provided is often faulty and your productivity figures for raises depend on these figures. Company is demanding of overtime.
Good people to work with
Project Planning and Control Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 3, 2015
Good company to work for. The senior management in the project management areas knows what they are doing. Compensation could be better but they cover that up with fun activities for interns once in every two weeks. Overall, very good experience.
Going digital. Paper going away
Production Specialist Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 9, 2015
Working for Jeppesen for 6 years. Coworkers are like having a large family from all over the world. Moved up from a level one to a level 3 production specialist in 3 years. I'm now floor lead. Jeppesen is going digital and paper is going away. Lay offs are in the near future.
Evolving agile environment striving to meet aviation needs.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 4, 2013
Typical workday is different from day to day depending on the project that has priority. Coworkers are great but working with teams outside our department can be a bit challenging.
BGA Sales and Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 31, 2013
I was laid off, but none-the-less it was a good company to work for. It was fun learning new things about flying..etc.
Pros
good schedule, good pay, good benefits
Cons
supervisors could have been more helpful