Jeppesen Employee Reviews in United States

Was a good job at first, then it turned into a bad job
Production Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 22, 2016
Long hours w/o appreciation. Didn't learn anything except how to do the job. Bad management. Co-workers were alright but always angry w/ the management. Trying to work as fast as I could w/o making a mistake. Most enjoyable part of job was leaving at the end of the day.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, hostile work enviorment
Challenging and engaging work environment
Instructional Systems Designer (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other people. There was a lot of movement going on within management at the time of my employment which I think made my experience there atypical. Most people who work there enjoy helping others and seeing other people be successful.
Pros
Working with Subject Matter Experts
Cons
Transition within management at my time of employment.
Facitlites
Facilities Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 14, 2016
Very busy day at work in facilities. Must be quick thinking, multi-task and able to respond to many different requests. That is me! I have great management. and time management skills. Follow up is very important as well as offering your interior and exterior customers great service
Friendly teammates
Configuration Management Engineer- Contractor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 26, 2016
Friendly helpful teammates.
A paper company that is transitioning to a technology company.
They are faced with much needed cultural change.
Pros
Great teammates
Cons
Culture and lack of commitment to people on the team.
Great Company To Work For.
Airside Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 18, 2016
I find Jeppesen to be a great company to work for, with great benefits.
Knowledgeable, and willing to change with the world.
Benefits
Cons
I see none.
Good people to work with
Project Planning and Control Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 3, 2015
Good company to work for. The senior management in the project management areas knows what they are doing. Compensation could be better but they cover that up with fun activities for interns once in every two weeks. Overall, very good experience.
Great Place to work...most of the time
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 9, 2016
Starting out this was a great company to work for. Amazing schedule, great people to work for, hope for advancement. Now through our second reorg, the hope for advancement is very slim.
Solid Company - It's Boeing
Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2016
For a large company, management is very keen on making it less so. Small teams are very close and work well together. Great experience during my contract engagement here.
Contractors struggle
Project Coordinator / Analyst (Former Employee) –  CentennialAugust 27, 2015
Great company with great work/life balance. However, job security as a contractor is not good. If you can get brought in as permanent employee life is rosey.
You might like it...might not
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2012
I can't say Jepp is a horrible place to work, there's much worse out there but it all depends. If you're a little "Aviation Geek" and generally the follower type, they you'll probably he happy. If you're the cutting edge fast paced type, you'll hate it. Jeppesen loves to play corporate, You know, all the buzzwords, touch feely stuff, imaginary competitors, etc but at the end of the day, Jeppesen is still a monopoly and, from a technological standpoint, operating about 20 years behind the times. It's very politically oriented and reviews/ raises seem to be based on whether or not you "fit in". It's kind of an oddball culture...hard to describe. everyone seems to walk around scared or timid....I never did figure out why everyone is so scared. You might like it, might not, There were a few happy people there but I didn't run in to many.
Pros
boeing beneifits, nice area
Cons
politics, strange culture
Jeppesen
Senior Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 13, 2012
Company is full of people who have been in the company a long time, defiantly a good old boys club. Management is clueless, tons of "great ideas" but they are never implemented. I had 3 managers in a matter of 18 months. They don't follow interview processes they just announce that someone is you new boss.

I've seen a ton of good people come and go, and it seems that the ones that stay are out of touch with IT and the business they are in.

I used to love it at Jeppesen, its has gone into a downward spiral with layoffs, and now a re-org. If you want a career in IT steer clear of this company.
Pros
cafeteria is awesome! benefits from boeing are awesome!
Cons
horrible uneducated management, poor infrastructure, good old boy system
Great place, great people
Market Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 6, 2013
Jeppesen is Boeing owned company with an outstanding group of individuals at its core. I was brought in as a contractor, and was embraced by the entire team. Everyone was more than happy to help show me the ropes and give me their personal insight into the aviation industry. On the downside, aviation is extraordinarily complex, and the vernacular is a lengthy process to learn. Additionally, management is often completely swamped, and it could be difficult to raise concerns/questions. Days were typically very fast-paced with little down time, which is great if you're an energetic person like me, but I'm sure some may get burnt out. What I liked best was the receptiveness to change that was pervasive among most people there. If someone were to come up with a more efficient way of going about something, people would happily embrace it.
Pros
awesome management with a hands-off, accountability-based style.
Cons
very lean organization with few permanent opportunities
Great people to work with and for
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 3, 2015
I have enjoyed my time here. The offices are awesome. They have a café and a workout room.
It is very difficult to advance in the company. The management is not very open-minded.
Too many egos
director (Former Employee) –  DenverJuly 4, 2012
Lots of silos with little transparency or accountability. They cover it up by saying, "It's about relationships", when really they are disrespecting levels of authority. There is no discipline or commitment to changing, but they sure talk a big game. The IT department is about as antiquated as a company this size can get, and HR is totally run amuck. Every leader is climbing on the back of another all to raise themselves up rather than seeing it takes giving credit away to earn respect. It's a shame, there are many employees giving all they have to this organization and the few bad apples are ruining the cart.
Pros
friendly, sincere front line employees
Cons
pay is well below market, expectations too high, no method to track accomplishments
Detailed, exacting work for low pay.
Revision Specialist (Former Employee) –  COMarch 13, 2015
Detailed, exacting work for low pay. Work with very good, friendly people. Attention to details is a must. Quarterly reviews are not given on time and small raises depend on them. Work recording equipment provided is often faulty and your productivity figures for raises depend on these figures. Company is demanding of overtime.
Great work place
Service Desk Lead/SME (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAAugust 2, 2015
Very engaging work environment, great growth, open to new ideas, hands on training, growth from within, friendly team like work environment, very professional, management very open to new ideas
Pros
great experience
Great work place
Production Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 22, 2012
Jeppesen is a great place to work for!! Good Benifits Decent pay, But no place for advancement, A typical day at work for me, is pretty fun weather it being assembling airplane manuels or mending them it is very tedious but fun, My supervisiors are awesome and understanding and fun, As well as my co-workers we are all a part of a team and we get things done when times are tough, The hardest part of the job is that it is very tedious looking at paper all day is hard but fun at the same time, The most enjoyable part of my work day is being able to be apart of a great team, and being able to work and laugh and finish big projects
Pros
good benifits
Cons
short breaks, no promotions, small raises
Great benefits, great people but weak management and no direction
Assisting domestic and international airlines (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 16, 2012
Typical day was troubleshooting software and flight planning issues.
Worked with an amazing team, really great people. Zero training, you're basically thrown to the wolves lol. My direct management was a really nice group of guys, I'd love to have a beer with any of them. However, upper-upper management was slightly out of touch with modern technology and leadership methods and it trickled down leaving a lot of us searching for direction and motivation.
I'd still be there but had to relocate for family reasons. All in all, it's a solid company. I t is going to depend on which department you're a part of because each one is it's own separate kingdom.
Pros
benefits, cafeteria, discounts, location, co-workers, company paid volunteer opportunities
Cons
no leadership, old software, management out of touch with modern processes
Great Job
Customer Consultant/Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 14, 2015
I loved working for Jeppesen and only left for an opportunity with the FAA. They are great at promoting from withing. I would recommend this company to everyone.
Great People, though that may change
Intel Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2013
This company has some of the best people at work. Atmosphere sometimes is laid back although there are issues with budget and legacy system issues within its IT. It strives to grow large like its parent company, but it is restrained by its limited budget in certain areas. Right now it is going through downsizing and may end up like the typical corporate restructure of laying people off than rehiring new ones.
Pros
work/life balance and benefits from parent company.
Cons
corporate restructuring, budget issues.

2.8