Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

alot of changes
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 12, 2017
very busy work day. alot of different job to do. alot added on each time and no pay changes. My manager is flexible for the family. fighting to get paid from the self pay patients. Helping out the patients
Pros
half hour for lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good atmosphere lots of free time and good people
Group Facilitator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2017
Good place to work fun atmosphere great clients no micromanagemwnt but not good pay but very laid back and people stay here for a very long time
Great opportunity for Professional Clinical Development.
Medical Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Fast paced challenging diverse work culture.Skilled Management.
Documentation labor intensive.Minimally Staffed. Recovery and Reunification rewarding.Sobriety achieved.
Pros
Never a dull moment.
Cons
Minimally Staffed.
Great Environment
Project Specialist Maintenance (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2017
Tjis is anice place to work but the only problem you have there is they have the salaries frozen you don't get raised and that is negative part but the management is really good and comprhensive. Overall working in that hospital was a challenge
Fun working at Jerome Golden
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 16, 2016
My day at work usually starts with taking report from the outgoing nurse and then visiting my patients to do nursing assessments. I then liaison with the doctors in treatment team. Throughout the rest of the day I chart on patients and monitor their safety and precautions. I am always learning about the different psychiatric diagnosis, medication and their side effects. I have the deepest respect for management and have no problems with them. Most of my coworkers are team players and I get along fine with them. The hardest part of my job is to take down a patient that is violent when he or she is not receptive to verbal redirection. Th most enjoyable part of my job is when I see my patients doing better and is ready for discharged, oh it makes me feel so happy that I have made a positive contribution towards their recovery.
Pros
Flexible when request time off as a per diem staff.
Cons
Minimal benefits, eight hour shifts
Great Internship
HR Recruiter/Clerk Intern (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 5, 2016
I was only there for a short time, but everyday was a new day to learn to be more efficient. Working in HR is no easy task, but I truly learned more about how to grow a company with it's people.
1st experience in the field
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  west palm beachOctober 25, 2015
this was the first place i did my clinical rotations and i was disappoint. The nurses were not the friendliest. The hallways always had a stench and the lunch was horrible
great dietary staff!
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 28, 2015
An administration that just doesn't care about its employees. Low moral throughout facility.

Great hardworking people throughout its organization.

Low pay No raises

HUGE TURNOVER

Not enough administration involvement to be effective leaders.
Pros
great staff
Cons
administration that does not see value in people it employs
A great place to work.
Mental Health Teach (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachApril 21, 2015
I have worked here for 6 years and I have worked with people that love what they do. The company really cares about their clients and seek to improve their overall health by developing programs that suits the clients needs.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
the food.
Loved this job
Mental/Behavioral Health Tech (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 14, 2015
Working here was a joy at times and others was a strain but you have to be ready for anything. I have learned a lot from here and have grown since.
Challenging and interesting
Mobile Crisis Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 11, 2014
Unpredictable, variety, excitement, problem solving, thinking outside the box. We primarily see those who have nothing- and try to instill hope, positivity, and stability. Its very rewarding.
great experience for me
Mobile Crisis Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachJuly 23, 2014
I worked there for 5 yrs and liked it. Management was ok, not the best, nor the worst. Hardest part of the job was dealing with a couple co-workers who were not motivated to do the job. I was given a lot of autonomy... The department I worked in was the best dept in the agency.
Pros
I was treated with respect.
Great employees to work with; however, too disorganized.
Utilization Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 28, 2014
Typical day would be precerting all PS who have insurance, conducting concurrent reviews with the insurance companies. Determining medical necessity, recording IP Daily Census Logs, assist IP doctor with charting, conduct FPPE and OPPE evals on medical staff, and translate for PS for both IP and OP services.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No raises and no organization
Good atmostphere
Group Facilatator (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachJanuary 8, 2014
Working with clients is the most rewarding satisfaction. I like working there because of the appreciation from the clients. Management need to do more for staff. However if you want to do a good deed for mankind that's the place.
company is a poor workable place
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachNovember 6, 2013
As started for PT, All benefits are good for the upper management only, concerning health and raise. This company has more than 10 years that the employees do not received a raise and people kept moving out to a better places or company that has better paid and benefits.
Workers are very unpleasant..... even they are a good workers and give 100% and more to keep their job.
THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL TOUGH.....
Pros
Non
Cons
No Advantage, all pro is for the Management group
Coordinating trainings for law enforcement
Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 1, 2013
*Always lots to do and never a dull day.
*Sometimes I got to leave the office to visit training sites or meet with instructors or people from various law enforcement departments. I enjoyed that part and the networking.
*I enjoyed the planning group that I worked with to help keep the program running and enjoyed meeting so many new officers whenever it came to the trainings. They gave lots of insights to help make the program more efficient.
Pros
planning and attending the annual recognition luncheon
Horrible place to work
Job title (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 12, 2013
Don't even think of taking a job here. The place is filthy, supervisors are petty, coworkers are juvenile and the work load impossible. The pay is less than anything offered anywhere and the "benefits" are a joke. Unless you enjoy being overworked, underpaid, stabbed in the back and mistreated by administration..stay far away! Plus the place lacks any kind of ethics or morals...have to wonder about a place that hires part time strippers to work with the mentally ill.
Pros
at least they give you toilet paper
Cons
everything
Very productive and, fun workplace with a wide variety of potential management positions.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 19, 2012
Consisits of 3 shifts 1st shift-11:45pm to 08:15am. From 11:45 to 12:15am nurses report, the majority of time on this shift is spent to file the days paperwork as most if not all pateints are asleep. Patients are awaken at 6:15 am for personal hygeine and room upkeep, then breakfast is at 7:30.- 8:15 the shift ends. The second shift takes over with therapuetic classes and activities through out the day.
Pros
3 shifts to suit any schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9