Jersey Mike's Subs Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAFebruary 25, 2017
Jersey mikes Is a great place to work. it's fun and upbeat, you have the best coworkers and management. the atmosphere is always positive the customers always feel right at home.
Good job.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 25, 2017
The hardest part of the job was just learning how to deal with rude customers every now and then. Also, it can be difficult to advance in the company.
It's a fun place with great people, managment and over all a cozy atmosphere.
Associate , cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2017
This was my very first job so I don't have much to compare it to but it's definitely a fun one. Depending on the location it may get really busy during the lunch hour so you need to be prepared but other than that its a pretty steady paced job.
Pros
50% off discount, breaks
Cons
You cant have a loyalty card
No Good, no breaks
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILFebruary 23, 2017
Manager was awesome! Loved this jobs......................... got taken advantage of by the older workers . Worked way too hard for minimum wage
Life as a J Mikes Crew member
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 22, 2017
I worked five days a week. Of course I earned those five days a week, you have to work hard for hours you have to deserve it. I was usually a 9:00 a.m -3:00 p.m shift. The 9 a.m comes in and helps the opener. My job was to prep all the meat and cheeses. Prep lettuce and onions. Put nobs on the soda machine, start the sweet tea maker, set up the patio tables and chairs, display the front line, start making bacon, wipe down the tables, and count the tip jar. The biggest thing I learned working at this job was to stay calm and work efficiently under pressure. Another big thing, how to handle a very extremely difficult customer. They are out there... Management was good. Not much to really say there but it was good. The culture was business. The location of my store was right in the middle of a bunch of buildings. People that work in offices, a lot of business people. It was also very family friendly. Hardest part of the job was the catering orders. We would get last minute catering orders and the only time they were really hard, was when it was ordered in the middle of a lunch rush. The worst! The most enjoyable part was creating relationships with our customers. I made friends with a lot of customers. They became our regulars because of it.
Pros
Free meal everyday, 10 min. cigarette breaks
Cons
system payroll malfunctions
Great part time
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2017
This was great work for part time. you get to meet different people and the positiveness atmosphere at the workplace is why I worked there more more than a year.
Fun Atmosphere if you don't need any money
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 20, 2017
Management is absent until they need someone to blame for something. coworkers are usually cool to work with and customers are great. Lots of regulars who you get to know well and hopefully network away to a better job with.
Pros
free/discount sandwiches
Cons
accused of taking money because manager can't count
Hard work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 20, 2017
A job that takes long hours and patients. A great environment to work in. I love the regular customers that stop by. some days we pull doubles but that is the best way to achieve your goal. It's a fair and honest job.
Jersey Mikes Sbs
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 18, 2017
Jersey Mikes tell this day means so much to me. This place raised me and taught me everything i know. The owner of this company were the best. They taught us to be owners. The ups and downs of the business. The hardest part of the job was just losing all my good people to other stores and them getting promotions. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Salary, Free Lunch
Cons
healthcare
Ok place to work
team member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
The boss was understanding. The people were kind for the most part. The food is great. The company culture was stellar. I don't know what else to say.
Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 16, 2017
Good learning experience. Not a very hard job. Making sub's, and making customers want to come back to the facility. Good environment, good staff.
Pros
Free luch
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Fast paced, fun work environment
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at jersey mikes. What kept me there for so long was the management. I really enjoyed being able to actually make the food and serve it. Overall it was a pretty good job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2017
This place sucked the life out of me, but they gave me free sandwiches and filled me with delicious calories. 4/10 would only recommend for free food
Awesome
Employee (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 15, 2017
Communicate to management if anything is wrong and they'll try their best!
Everyone Ive worked with has been a good team player and no one seems to judge.
Pros
busy
Cons
short breaks
fine as a first job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 15, 2017
place was slow and boring. i also worked there years ago so its hard for me to write a review about it. my boss was dumb so i hated working there.
Productive and fun work place
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  St Lucie West, FLFebruary 14, 2017
It's a great company to work for and they take care of there own the work place is very productive and is a great atmosphere the people are great have awesome personalities
Fun and friendly team
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 14, 2017
Great place to work! Everyone gets along well and the customers make the job even more worth it. The management is one of the best I have even been under. The team really takes care of each other!
Pros
Good hours and great pay
Cons
None come to mind
great corporate company just depends on the franchise.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 13, 2017
good company with good opportunity only if your in with your right people. JM FOODS INCS franchise will only act like they care about you if it benefits they're needs. Do not get hurt or you will be demoted due to not being able to to perform all duties of a manager.
Pros
potential $1000.00 monthly bonus as manager
Cons
over worked and under paid
Excellent place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Shiloh, ILFebruary 12, 2017
I have been working at Jersey Mike's for over 2 years and there are plenty reasons why i stay. First, my co-workers are excellent people who have helped me with anything whenever i needed help on work related tasks. Second, the culture and atmosphere of Jersey Mike's is close to what i imagine the workplace should be: The associates help customers as best as they can with 110% effort, clean the store without having to be told too, friendly and helpful to other employees, and treat each other with respect. Finally, the management and owner treat and pay the employees very well for the jobs we are doing. There are several other reasons to work at Jersey Mike's but the three listed above are the most basic and important reasons.
Pros
Discount or free subs, great hours, great pay, friendly staff
Cons
Customers can be a hassle to deal with
Very good place to work.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Lake in the Hills, ILFebruary 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time at this store. was transferred and promoted to a different location after becoming a shift leader. Enjoyed the atmosphere here and made a lot of friends. Learned how to step up and run closing shifts. Become a leader and coach new employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jersey Mike's Subs. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9