Jersey Mike's Subs Employee Reviews

Not bad for a first job to get experience
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PADecember 10, 2017
It was a nice job to develop character building and the simple things like learning to be on time and get your job done and be reliable. No benefits at all but we got free food an average salary. I was a supervisor getting paid 8 an hour which is what they start new people at.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Low wages
productive,fun working environment.
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 8, 2017
Great employees and owner. Friendly working environment. I learned many things about customer service. Hardest part about working here was the fast flow of customers.
A good place to be around the production of food, as well as baking.
Sandwich artist/ cook/ food prepper (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 5, 2017
. I would come in really early in the morning to get all the vegetables cut, and cookies made, then work on making food during the daytime, and then at nighttime prepare all the sub dough to be ready for the morning and to be baked. This job was just for a few months, but I also really enjoyed being able to cook, as well as make each sandwich like a work of art. I had experience there cutting the meat with the giant cutting device, and was close to becoming a manager before I had to leave due to my living situation and not having a car anymore at the time. This job was a lot of fun, and gave me really great B.O.H kitchen experience. I am grateful for my time spent here
Pros
Learned a lot. Nice coworkers
Cons
Nothing really
good place to work
Marketing/Catering Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 5, 2017
I liked it just wasn't for me I was an area director but my territory got too big for my liking and my commutes were too long at a certain point I could drive up to 100 miles a day
Laid back, very slow at times, fast pace during lunch hours
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 5, 2017
Jersey Mikes was extremely laid back. My manager was very young, and sometimes that would cause problems in the store, but other than that, the job is super simple. You can't mess it up.
Not too nice
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZDecember 3, 2017
You feel EXTREMELY expendable working here , the upper management makes it clear how “below” them you are. Your treated like a tool or piece of machinery only. Your value with the company will solely depend on how moldable you are
Fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 1, 2017
Pretty good management. Have to be fast and willing to jump right in and be willing to work short shifts not enough hours to go around. Very fast paced
Good Place Depending On Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJNovember 29, 2017
I would not offer anyone to work at this place if your African American because its unfair treatment and standing up for yourself is not an option. Although, receiving harsh criticism from the manager and sometimes customers I would say I had one manger that left to become apart of cooperate that I greatly appreciate but once he left the company to me w no longer fun but much horror and not understanding.
Pros
Good Pay, Guaranteed a paycheck
Cons
No breaks, Unfriendly manager
Loved working there, just wasn't paid correctly
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTNovember 28, 2017
It was a great job. It was fairly easy, and not to hectic. I did have a lot of drunk customers considering I wired at the casino, I managed it well. Only probably was I didn't get paid the way I was supposed to.
Cons
Not really any breaks
fun but fast paced environment
Shift Supervisor /Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 27, 2017
I had a lot of fun here, got plenty of hours and they always were flexible with my schedule. The team is very inviting and patient with new people most of the time. Must be a quick learner and very patient with guests.
Such a great place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 24, 2017
I love my manager, Joe, as well as my coworkers. Everyone always seemed so happy to be at work and the enthusiasm was always rewarded and appreciated.
Pros
random sandwiches
Cons
lots of training
Very nice people
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PA 15017November 22, 2017
Continuous customers and very nice management. My manager even bought us pirate tickets once and closed down the store. Very understanding people working there.
Learning experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 22, 2017
It was a great opportunity to work at Jersey Mike's. I learned a lot of useful tips that I will use on a day-to-day basis and gained a lot of Knowledge and Skills that I will use for further jobs.
fun place to work
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  National City, CANovember 19, 2017
Jersey Mike's is a fun environment to work at. There are rules and guidelines to go by just as with every job. It's mostly common sense. The people there are nice as well. Unfortunately I am looking for full- time work and really can not see a career at Jersey Mike's. Although it this job does require good customer service skills as I am happy to demonstrate mine. I am a people person and love to communicate and help people anyways that I can. I am sure to ask the customers exactly what they want and how I can prepare their sandwich to fit their liking.
Not a pleasant experience
Food preparation, customer service, cash register, (Former Employee) –  South Pasadena, CANovember 18, 2017
While working at Jersey Mikes I learned a lot about how to hold yourself together throughout a bad situation. At the time I had this job I was in school and had to take whatever could work around my schedule. While I was there my pay check was stoled by an employe who was dating the owners daughter. I also had my hours completely cut after injuring myself at work.
Pros
gained work experience
Cons
bad work environment
I love working in Customer Service
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 16, 2017
I love working at Jersey Mikes because of the customers. I enjoy making peoples food and seeing smiles on their faces as I'm making it. Sure, it's a fast paced job but I'm up for any challenge and willing to learn anything from anyone.
Jersey Mikes Subs Summary
Sub Maker/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCNovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for Jersey Mike's Subs because I was in a fast paced environment,and had regular customers that I enjoyed to conversate with. I eventually moved up to become a shift leader, although it was difficult because I did not get along with some of the employees because it was hard to get them to do their part in taking care of the store.
A great place to advance your resume
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 16, 2017
Jersey Mike's is a corporately owned chain that is also franchises out. In my experience at Jersey Mike's I was able to climb the latter and have upward mobility
Corporate style and culture is good, franchises do not necessarily follow
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCNovember 15, 2017
A few months back I attended a GM continued training session with corporate Jersey Mike's though I worked for a franchise holder DMR Holdings. While everything presented at the training and conference was great and spot on in my belief of customer service my experiences with the franchise were quite the opposite of everything we learned. So beware whether you choose to work for a franchise or not and if so try to get some insight as to their work culture. As a manager I was expected to work over 50 hours and be on call at the drop of a hat. The company did offer vacation but I was not ever actually able to take it or even have my days off. On most days off I had to go in to work at some point and if not into work then I was on the phone with work no less than 2 to 3 hours.
Pros
Free lunches, better atmosphere than fast food
Cons
Unreasonable work hours expectations
Fast pace work enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCNovember 12, 2017
A typical work day consists of constantly being on your feet and in a fast pace environment. The hardest part of the job is getting along with the other employees. You must be able to clean and be able to do other employees jobs.