Jersey Shore University Medical Center Employee Reviews

The best employer in Monmouth County, NJ
Staff education/training (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJune 26, 2017
Works at JS for 14 years and six months. This hospital is the embodiment of success! Why? it invested in its employees: Tuition reimbursement and a lot of great managers. I still get in touch with those I left working there , and they are still satisfied...

Jersey Shore/Meridian Health to my opinion one of the best teaching hospital in the Nation. One of the best hospital to work for or to get care from....
Pros
Good pay and benefits, tuition reimbursment program, excellent care, one of the best teaching hospital. Employees are respected and valued. no room for incompetence...
Cons
Fine a parking space...lol. Management can be an issues, but bad managers don't last there.
Critical Care
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJune 14, 2017
Involved in all areas of critical care environment. Work with Neonates, Pediatrics and adult critical care. Also in Cardiac ICU and Surgical Intensive care unit as well as trauma. Respond to all code blue calls and part of rapid response team.
Pros
Continuous learning Environment
Cons
nothing
Long Hours and very stressful
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJune 1, 2017
there is not enough help on the floors for patient care. Patients suffer from this. I would not want to be a patient there. I would rather be in a small hospital.
Great workplace
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Neptune, NJMay 29, 2017
This is a great place to work, but you have to really be willing to work. This is a very busy, fast paced environment. They offer great benefits and advancement opportunities especially those who wish to go into the nursing field.
Excelent place to work
Patient Flow/Meridian Transfer Center (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJMay 6, 2017
People and manager were awesome to work with. Very accomodating when situations arrise and emergencies happen such as family or personal. The hardest part of the job was when children were sick or injured.
it was good
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJApril 3, 2017
it was very easy to use i used it before and updated all my info in a couple easy steps i deleted all of my old info and updated it. it also aloud me to seek for new job opportunities
Pros
easy
Cons
slow
Fun and accepting work place
Patient Observer (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJMarch 29, 2017
I have enjoyed my time at jersey shore hospital and have been blessed with wonderful co-workers and managers. The managers try to work with you and for you to make sure your getting the best of what the hospital can offer.
Pros
manager
Cons
difficult to request off
Productive and amazing workplace
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJMarch 28, 2017
JSUMC is an amazing place to work. I enjoy working for meridian and especially at JSUMC. Meridian is a company that supports you as an employee as well as supporting your education.
JSUMC is a fast paced, exciting environment to work
Personal Care Technician-Per Diem FLOAT Overnights (Current Employee) –  Neptune, NJMarch 7, 2017
Working with the teams at JSUMC is inspiring. I learn something new every day and the shifts are never boring. My manager is the greatest in the world and she makes every day a joy to go to work.
Great work place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Neptune, NJJanuary 30, 2017
Jersey Shore University Medical Center provides a team approach along with skilled management. Never had complaints that this facility. Strong team and educational support.
Good
Patient observer (Former Employee) –  Neptune, NJNovember 15, 2016
I really enjoyed this job. It did have some flaws because i worked as a floater, which means u could be assigned to any meridian hospital that needs you.
Awesome Place to work
Utilities Plant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Neptune NJ 07753November 10, 2015
Everyday there is a new challenge. Company is good company. Great vacation and decent benefits package. I wish there were lower deductibles on the medical package and more importantly after preaching about living a healthy lifestyle and keeping physically fit they offer no provisions to accomplish this even they own 4 fitness centers. I am at a standstill as there is no where else to go within the company and the only position above me is presently occupied. I need to explore my options as I have a daughter going into college in 2.7 years.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
unionized work force is lame
Excellent workplace
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJNovember 6, 2015
It is an excellent Hospital and has state of the art equiptment. Very strong work environment. Plays a vital part of the Jersey Shore
Pros
great benefits
Cons
parking
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJOctober 30, 2015
Great place to work. Very supportive staff. Many advancement opportunities available. Would recommend this company for future employment.
Each day is different
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Neptune, New jerseyAugust 11, 2015
No day is typical at a hospital. Some days are dealt dealing with mundane things like assisting lost visitors, writing passes, parking issues, patrols and fire watches. Then there are the times one is dealing with fire alarms, patient elopements, victims of gang violence and their visitors and sometimes simultaneously.
Pros
Great Benefits, Flexible Shifts
Ability to grow
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJuly 21, 2015
Great experience in which you have the ability to grow and learn within the hospital. There is opportunity for one to advance and get to where they would like to be in their career path.
Friendly and stimulating work environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJMay 7, 2015
I work with the clinical program manager and assess patient records, schedule appointments with future patients and follow up with patients that have returned home. I assist in physical therapy sessions and have shadowing experience in the operating room. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients go from being in severe pain to having the ability to walk relatively pain free post-op.
Great doctors and Great Fellow employees
Full-Time Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJApril 8, 2015
What a close knit family full that love to give the best patient care. The staff is always friendly and even on those hectic busy days our team work made everything run smooth.
Productive and Enjoyable Environment
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Township of Neptune, NJMarch 22, 2015
I greatly enjoyed the environment and team members at Jersey Shore Medical. Everyone was accommodating to my learning and helped me succeed in the best way possible. I gained an understanding of the hospital environment, and learned many things from every single person I came across. I loved working in a fast-paced setting with individuals who put their whole heart into what they enjoy doing because that is something I strongly believe in.
Pros
Helping patients, and working as a team.
Challenging Unit, High paced, High Volume
ICU Tech (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJSeptember 8, 2014
I loved the environment on the ICU unit. Although it could be very hectic, we worked as a team & always ensured the patients needs were met.