Jersey Shore University Medical Center

Jersey Shore University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Friendly and stimulating work environment
Volunteer (Current Employee), Neptune City, NJMay 7, 2015
I work with the clinical program manager and assess patient records, schedule appointments with future patients and follow up with patients that have returned home. I assist in physical therapy sessions and have shadowing experience in the operating room. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients go from being in severe pain to having the ability to walk relatively pain free post-op.
Great doctors and Great Fellow employees
Full-Time Sonographer (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJApril 8, 2015
What a close knit family full that love to give the best patient care. The staff is always friendly and even on those hectic busy days our team work made everything run smooth.
Productive and Enjoyable Environment
Clinical Intern (Former Employee), Township of Neptune, NJMarch 22, 2015
Pros: helping patients, and working as a team.
I greatly enjoyed the environment and team members at Jersey Shore Medical. Everyone was accommodating to my learning and helped me succeed in the best way possible. I gained an understanding of the hospital environment, and learned many things from every single person I came across. I loved working in a fast-paced setting with individuals who put their whole heart into what they enjoy doing because that is something I strongly believe in.
Challenging Unit, High paced, High Volume
ICU Tech (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJSeptember 8, 2014
I loved the environment on the ICU unit. Although it could be very hectic, we worked as a team & always ensured the patients needs were met.
Great Place to work
Aide nurse (Former Employee), Neptune, NJAugust 30, 2014
This is a very busy, fast paced job but it's very rewarding. They have great benefits with paid time off. Lots of chances for overtime!! The 12 hr shifts made it really easy to schedule appointments and school schedules. Since you are working with patients it is imperative to have the proper staffing, which means, management DOES NOT like it when you call out, even if you are truly sick!! Be aware, if you call out a lot, you will most likely get written up and eventually fired. All that aside, it's a great place to work!
staff nurse
RN (Current Employee), Neptune City, NJJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits package
busy place to work. some days high stress but great staff! politics can be a little much
Amazing Environment to Intern and Learn
Intern in Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee), Neptune City, NJApril 6, 2014
So far my time at Jersey Shore University Medical Center has been an amazing experience for me. I have learned so much about the health field and have gained experience in working with patients who are struggling through serious heart conditions before and after surgery. I have been able to observe an open heart surgery right in the operating with doctors and PA's teaching me step by step throughout the surgery. This is an experience that I will remember and cherish for the rest of my life.
Very organized productive workplace
Patient Care Technician Extern (Former Employee), Neptune, NJMarch 9, 2014
Performed finger, capillary sticks and venipuncture collection
Can obtain, record and measure vital signs, blood pressure, temperature, weight and respiration
Helping patients with use of a bed pan,bathing,EKG
Data entry of patients vitals and glucose levels
Excellent team environment with potential for growth
Senior Manager (Current Employee), perioperativeFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: colleagues
Many managerial lessons learned, accomplishments celebrated and hard working team members to assist with daily operations.
Learned how meticulous working in a lab can be.
Internship (Former Employee), Neptune, NJJanuary 3, 2014
Observed in different areas of the pathology lab: the gross room, hematology, cytology etc. My knowledge of the anatomy of the human body was tested daily.
Exciting to be a part of such a well known hospital throughout NJ
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJDecember 20, 2013
a great place to work where the bosses actually care about their employees.
Great company to work for.
Food, Nutrition & Catering Associate (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJAugust 19, 2013
Pros: interacting with patients and comforting them in hard times.
Cons: not always being able to help patients due to serious health issues.
A typical work day is accurately ran and fast pace work ethic.

Ive learned about nutrition and diet guide lines.

The shift for the most part ran very smoothly and was given good direction.

Most workers were very helpful and lended a helping hand in completing work accurately for all employees.

The hardest part of the job is having difficult patients who dont want to follow there diet even though its benifical to them.

The most enjoyable part of work is helping others to understand there diets and letting them know how it will benifit them. Also giving them options that may best suit them.
Good company
Registered Central Service Technician (Current Employee), Neptune City, NJAugust 13, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low paid
good company to be working and good benefits, great coworkers, management
Excellent hospital to gain experience
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), Neptune City, NJJuly 29, 2013
My five plus years working for JSUMC/Meridian has been not only educational but has also been a catalyst in my seeking to further my education.
Fair and fun place to work
Senior EEG Tech Coordinator (Current Employee), Neptune City, NJDecember 12, 2012
Pros: salary excellent
Cons: evening shift
Coming into a busy but steadyfacility reay to hook up and diagnose pediatric to adult patient with possible epilepsy.
A Great place to work.
Access Services Rep (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJOctober 24, 2012
I learned more about various ins carriers, how to search if a patient has active ins. The management was ok my co-workers were very good to work with.
Wonderful Place to work
Residency Coordinator (Current Employee), Neptune City, NJOctober 18, 2012
Pros: love the work enviorment
Cons: when the medical residents graduate
I will admit that this has hands down been one of the greatest jobs anyone could want. I am very sad that i am moving and have to leave this place. We have become a family, and i will remain in contact with them forever.
Loved this Job!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Neptune, NJSeptember 27, 2012
I miss this job. When I relocated, I wish I could have brought it with me. Everything about it was perfect.
Excellent Doctors (Pathologists) and workers in general
Pathology Assistant / Histologist (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
An excellent place to work, they actually care about their employees and I am not just saying that. Our chief pathologist actually took the time to know everyone and he did not have to.
A Place to be Proud of
Nursing Unit Secretary, Patient Care Associate (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJMay 31, 2012
A great place to work. Busy work, great people. Excellent care. A place to be proud of.