Jet Aviation Employee Reviews

had a great time
Aircraft interiors Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILApril 30, 2017
had a great time working for this company , people where very friendly and always willing to help, steady work and always had work , would work for them again
Great Job
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
It is a great place to work. Developed better team building skills.
It is also a good place to begin networking within the aviation field. Fairly easy job, as long as you do not mind some manual labor.
Its a good place to work
A&P Technician (Current Employee) –  Cahokia, ILFebruary 21, 2017
Its a great place to work. Most of the time you will be set up with the lead of the Airplane and they will give you assignments for the day.
Management is ok. They really promote a safe work culture. The job really is not all that hard. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on Airplanes and learning new things about the Airplanes.
Pros
Great people. Good enviroment.
Cons
Company long term outlook. Too much overhead.
Professional FBO
Regional Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJDecember 12, 2016
This organization was in constant change and did not deliver on promised objectives. Much turnover based on compensation and work schedules. Job security was not a familiar offering.
Big company benefits with a small company feel
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MADecember 2, 2016
Jet Aviation is a great place to work. They focus on teamwork and providing a high quality customer service experience to every customer. Perfect entry level job for anyone looking to start their career in aviation with plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
Great management, fantastic team, free lunches and snacks, great benefits
Eh
Technician (Current Employee) –  Cahokia, ILNovember 15, 2016
An ok place to get a start. Management doesn't know what you do or care, just get them their bonus. Work your tail off, low wages.
Overworked, underpaid
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MANovember 1, 2016
Hard work, micromanaged, under-compensated.

During the interview, they state that there will be occasional overtime and that the pay accurately reflects the workload. This is all true if the turnover rate wasn't so high. Usually one person has to hold the workload of 3-5 people. In addition mandatory overtime is a company favorite.

"Sell more fuel, we love it when you all sell fuel." Entry level employees are responsible for selling serives and rendering services, however there is no kickback for extra work. Management is always pushing harder to get their bonuses for entry level employees to work hard with no reward other than mandatory overtime.

Get ready to cancel your plans.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Mandatory Overtime, skewed work to pay ratio, no advancement
Very Interesting job.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILOctober 28, 2016
Its a great job that pays well with very expensive airplanes I never saw before. It was great to see how employees worked on the planes, and even got to see people fly them.
Fun job that can be time consuming
Line Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 19, 2016
Being a line service technician at Jet Aviation we are responsible for taking care of customers with their aircraft that are coming in and/or going out on trips. We would park, fuel and even help pilots get the aircraft ready for passengers. We also moved aircraft in and out of the hangars where they were stored. The management team was great when I left but that was after time of work in progress. In my opinion he job is better suited for single people with no families to worry about for it can be very time consuming and tiring on the family life. I loved working there but left to have more time with my family.
Pros
Get to see and meet cool people
Cons
A lot of overtime had to be done
I have Never!
Ramp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2016
Haven't been employed here more than 3months. Did not attend no training class just put in front of the computer to take online classes I have no idea about. Was let go because of missing days ...the same days they made me go home because of the medicine I was taking by the doctor until I get another Prescription.
OAN: These ppl have no respect for anyone but themselves. Never knew companies could fired you over the phone. This has to be the most weakest thing ever a job to do to someone. Houston ain't for me especially not Jet Aviation.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
80hrs per paycheck... no overtime
Adequate place of emplyoyment
Aircraft Cabinet Maker (Current Employee) –  Cahokia, ILApril 18, 2016
It is a place that has good people and good benefits. Opportunities are a little lacking. Management has left a little to be desired.
jet review
Senior Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2016
One of the worst places I have worked. Poor equipment, equipment they do have is in poor working order. The salaries are at the lower end of the scale. The management is of high quantity and low quality. They have a lot of Boss's but are lacking leaders. They seem to bring people in as low pay as possible and only give 2 to 3% raises a year. They say safety is a high priority but really just trying to keep costs down. They have poor communication between departments and even worse with employees.
Pros
long lunches, 4-10 work week
Cons
health care expensive and low quality, low pay
Fun place to work
LINE SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJMarch 23, 2016
A lot of wait time.
learned to associate with people.
Management is friendly.
Co workers are friendly.
Hardest part of the job is the bad weather and planes arrive all at one time.
Spending time with co workers on the field and in the breakroom.
Pros
fast pace job benefits great
Cons
have to stay on your feet even if it is a slow day.
INTERIOR INSTALLER 1 (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed working here and believe had the work continued to flow in I could have done great there. The president of Jet Aviation is an awesome guy and I loved working with him. I am thankful I got the opportunity to learn and advance there and meet some great people along the way.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, good work environment
Cons
Not knowing year to year if the work will be there
What an amazing experience
Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2016
This job required work 24/7 with international travel with only a few hours notice. Working with amazing clients and most decadent materials provided for an exceptional interior design experience.
Pros
Clientele, compensation, personal satisfaction of the finished product
Cons
Work/Life balance
Excellent Company
Corporate Flight Attendant/ Culinary Lead (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJFebruary 10, 2016
This was the cream of the crop of the aviation industry. Amazing group of individuals! The team was always improving or reaching new levels of greatness. The crews on this account are top in their field no question!
Pros
Excellent Crews, Saftey, Management
Cons
Commute to OAK from ATL
Enjoyable workplace
Line Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJanuary 13, 2016
Very enjoyable company to work for. Management is knowledgeable and easy to work for. Busy FBO that can get hectic at times but the employees are up to the task of getting through the busy times.
Hard way to make a living.
Custom Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Didn't pay as much as it should have and no advancement to higher levels. Enjoyed the work, for the most part, and liked the people I worked with, but not the ones I worked for. Great potential...not enough follow through.
Pros
Close to home and plenty of work.
Cons
Low pay and less than desirable management policies.
fast paced
Lead tech (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILDecember 2, 2015
fast paced, high stress environment, innovative, high turn around,
volume, iron clad policy, not people orientated, strictly business mind frame.
My position and the management
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILNovember 16, 2015
I learned a lot regarding the aviation industry during my employment with Jet Aviation. It is a very good company to work for and my direct manager was a very good and fair manager and treated those within our department as an individual person and was always very helpful and informative with any questions we had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jet Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.