Jet Aviation Employee Reviews in United States

I have Never!
Ramp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2016
Haven't been employed here more than 3months. Did not attend no training class just put in front of the computer to take online classes I have no idea about. Was let go because of missing days ...the same days they made me go home because of the medicine I was taking by the doctor until I get another Prescription.
OAN: These ppl have no respect for anyone but themselves. Never knew companies could fired you over the phone. This has to be the most weakest thing ever a job to do to someone. Houston ain't for me especially not Jet Aviation.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
80hrs per paycheck... no overtime
jet review
Senior Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2016
One of the worst places I have worked. Poor equipment, equipment they do have is in poor working order. The salaries are at the lower end of the scale. The management is of high quantity and low quality. They have a lot of Boss's but are lacking leaders. They seem to bring people in as low pay as possible and only give 2 to 3% raises a year. They say safety is a high priority but really just trying to keep costs down. They have poor communication between departments and even worse with employees.
Pros
long lunches, 4-10 work week
Cons
health care expensive and low quality, low pay
INTERIOR INSTALLER 1 (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed working here and believe had the work continued to flow in I could have done great there. The president of Jet Aviation is an awesome guy and I loved working with him. I am thankful I got the opportunity to learn and advance there and meet some great people along the way.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, good work environment
Cons
Not knowing year to year if the work will be there
Fun place to work
LINE SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJMarch 23, 2016
A lot of wait time.
learned to associate with people.
Management is friendly.
Co workers are friendly.
Hardest part of the job is the bad weather and planes arrive all at one time.
Spending time with co workers on the field and in the breakroom.
Pros
fast pace job benefits great
Cons
have to stay on your feet even if it is a slow day.
What an amazing experience
Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2016
This job required work 24/7 with international travel with only a few hours notice. Working with amazing clients and most decadent materials provided for an exceptional interior design experience.
Pros
Clientele, compensation, personal satisfaction of the finished product
Cons
Work/Life balance
Excellent Company
Corporate Flight Attendant/ Culinary Lead (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJFebruary 10, 2016
This was the cream of the crop of the aviation industry. Amazing group of individuals! The team was always improving or reaching new levels of greatness. The crews on this account are top in their field no question!
Pros
Excellent Crews, Saftey, Management
Cons
Commute to OAK from ATL
Hard way to make a living.
Custom Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Didn't pay as much as it should have and no advancement to higher levels. Enjoyed the work, for the most part, and liked the people I worked with, but not the ones I worked for. Great potential...not enough follow through.
Pros
Close to home and plenty of work.
Cons
Low pay and less than desirable management policies.
My position and the management
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILNovember 16, 2015
I learned a lot regarding the aviation industry during my employment with Jet Aviation. It is a very good company to work for and my direct manager was a very good and fair manager and treated those within our department as an individual person and was always very helpful and informative with any questions we had.
Enjoyable workplace
Line Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJanuary 13, 2016
Very enjoyable company to work for. Management is knowledgeable and easy to work for. Busy FBO that can get hectic at times but the employees are up to the task of getting through the busy times.
Great work environment!
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Cahokia ILOctober 17, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Jet Aviation. management works very well with their employees. New employees are well trained by very experienced leads, supervisors, and fellow co-workers. Great benefits and room for advancement. You must be a hard worker for this company. It is a very serious job and needs to be taken seriously.
Installer class b cdl driver
Airline Craft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJSeptember 5, 2015
• Clean the interior and exterior of private and commercial aircraft.
• Perform inspections as required by the Federal Aviation Administration.
• Responsible for cleaning the passenger cabin, crew and cockpit areas of an aircraft.
• Responsible to clean the cargo hold of planes.
• Report any unusual findings.
• Work duties include using and mixing cleaning products, handling potentially hazardous waste, maintaining supply inventories, using cleaning machines, performing light, medium, and heavy-duty cleaning by hand and with the use of tools, and applying polishes and disinfectants to restore the condition of an aircraft between flights
fast paced
Lead tech (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILDecember 2, 2015
fast paced, high stress environment, innovative, high turn around,
volume, iron clad policy, not people orientated, strictly business mind frame.
Horrible company to work for
analyst (Former Employee) –  cahokia, ILJune 5, 2015
Management is horrible! Can not run the business and constantly losing on projects. They also lied on review and did not back up any allegations. They are continuously changing senior management and running the business into the ground. I do NOT recommend working for this company unless you want to be lied to.
Pros
Average Pay and Benefits
Cons
Management lies, very unorganized company
Great experience into private aviation culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJMay 21, 2015
During my time at Jet Aviation i was able to see how exactly the private aviation field operates. How to cater to VIP's, CEO's, Dignitaries, Celebrities and high-class families. Being as i am finishing my Airframe and powerplant certification, it gave me some insight on what i would be getting into once i finally obtained my license. However, the workplace favortism and the only male working in customer service did put me at a disadvantage from the other's. I took it as a learning experience in working with a female workforce and learned from my mistakes. Overall, great experience and cannot wait to start working for the private aviaiton field once again.
Pros
Free food, free gifts, good tips, good benefits
Cons
favoritism, bad employee reviews, bad workforce culture
Recruiter (Temp)
Recruiter (HR Temp) (Former Employee) –  Moonachie, NJApril 28, 2015
Jet Aviation's Human Resource department was an enjoyable, learning environment.
Senior HR Director always took the time to meet, explain, and make herself available to effectively complete job assignments.
Each person in the department incorporated me into the team as a whole and not just a temp (alone and only there to do an assignment).
Challenges evolved when company meetings did not include temps and many times, a HR temp, needed to know the individuals from different locations to assist with an assignment.
Pros
Everyone, from the front door to the executives are very friendly.
Cons
Permanent Opportunities are not available often.
Worst Company or corporation I have ever worked for.
CONTRACT DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 8, 2015
Engineering department was not a very pleasant place to work. Floor supervisors/mid-level managers were too pre-occupied with shuffling computer generated schedule charts, and chatting with each other, to offer up necessary, needed support and guidance to staff in regards to completion of work assignments. A very baffling culture of inefficiency! Not quite sure what their real mission was. not much got accomplished.
Pros
Not many. Put on some nice social functions from time to time.
Cons
See review.
Large Company Great Benefits
Manager of FBO Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
Large company with friendly co-workers. Many locations worldwide that cater to the corporate jet industry.

Interesting work and you have the opportunity to travel.

The industry is very competitive and winning sales often comes down to price.
Pros
Perks and travel
Cons
Upward mobility is difficult to attain.
Same as the last review, great place to work
Director of Cabin Services (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJune 27, 2015
As pointed out in the last review, it was a great place to manage a team of professionals. Work environment was business like and pleasant.
Don't bother
Hard Worker (Former Employee) –  DALDecember 7, 2014
This is a great starter company for a cute girl fresh out of college that doesn't mind low pay. It was a nice job, but the management is so clueless. This is a close family, so everyone pretty much does what they want to do. Advancements..... Forget about it! There is no room for growth at this company. They like to bring in other people from other companies and pay them the big bucks, only to see them leave after a year. They need structure and a real HR team.
Pros
nice pilots but lunch
Cons
no real lunch break, communication, management, negativity and favoritism
Good company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 15, 2013
The company overall is a good company to work for. Like all places they have good and bad, but the good far outweighs the bad. In my position there is no typical day. The issues and things that come up change often and provide challenges day to day. I have learned a lot about several different things, from military contracts to shipping items overseas. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people, items, planning issues, for aircraft halfway around the world. It can make the days very long due to the time difference. My coworkers are great and by far help make my job as smooth as it can be.