JetBlue Airways Corporation

JetBlue Airways Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Airport Operations Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: free travel
Cons: not enough hours
boarding flights and ensure customers are happy with their experience.

We had to check passengers in for their flights. Check any bags that they are taking on board
its an ok place to work
Lead Agent Ground Ops (Current Employee), Queens, NYJuly 21, 2015
Pros: flying benefits for you and your family
jetblue airways is an awesome place to work with great pay and benefits...they paid for training and uniform allowance....great people working there
Good job to have
Customer Solutions Team Operational Lead (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Wages
Work is face paced and high stress. I have learned how to coordinate communication between multiple teams and management. I have learned how to analyze call volume and effectively represent real time date in a manor easy to understand. I have learned a proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel. I educate and troubleshoot problems with customer-facing teams. The hardest part of the job is trying to advance. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make a difference in so many people lives.
Outstanding flying benefits.
Airport Operations (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2015
Enjoyable working environment. Flexible scheduling gives you the opportunity to trade shifts with other employees. Overall good place to work.
Jetblue Airways
Airport Operations Lead (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 11, 2015
Pros: free air travel
Cons: healthcare
This is a very good company to work for, Very flexible schedules, diverse culture and great benefits.
If you are love to travel this is the place to be.
fun work place, good culture
Ramp Coordinator/Ground Ops Lead (Current Employee), new york/orlando/newarkJuly 8, 2015
love this company, fun passiante and dedicated people work there. i would recomend this company to anyone with high work values and grow ambitions
ok place to work
Airport Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
always very busy, management was great in JFK, BOS, DTW and RIC. In MCO the management was not helpful, sneaky and extremely dishonest
productivity and fun workplace with ping pong table
MATERIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: free flights
Cons: short breaks
I love JETBLUE I would work with them any day or time if I have the chance again. great benefits good workplace good culture and fun coworkers.
Productive and fun place to work
Ground Operations (Former Employee), East Boston, MAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Able to have a flexible schedule
Cons: No cons
Taxi in and out aircraft from gate. Loading and off loading bags from aircraft and then going to designated belt to off load bags. Working on the move team to move aircraft from gate to gate or other designated spots for aircraft. Working in the bag room and loading bags for outbound flights.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), boston,maJune 23, 2015
Great company with great benefits, awesome place to work for, one of the best airlines in the business, just an awesome place to be everyday
One of my most favorite places to work
Aiport, Provisioning & Ramp Agent for G.O (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJune 2, 2015
Pros: Flight benefits, hours available, free uniforms, and credit towards purchases
Cons: Need a better system of accountability
My experience with Jetblue was exceptional. I enjoyed moving around the company, the perks were great, I travelled often, Plenty of overtime, and made plenty of friends.
Productive and Fun place to work
Supervisor Ground Operations (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYJune 1, 2015
Hands down, one of the best places to work! The one word, dynamic, is the best description of the work pace. If you like deadline oriented, seat of your pants customer service, here's your place.
Great Work Environment
Dangerous Goods Coordinator (Former Employee), Queens NYMay 27, 2015
Working at JetBlue at their beginning stages was exciting. Worked with great people and it was nice to see everyone striving to put out their best work.
Great company
Airport Operations Agent (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: Flight Benefits
Cons: Supervisors
Great place to work, excellent benefits. Enjoyed working with some crew members. The company really cares about their passengers and their employees and it shows.
Great Company, Depending What City You're At
Airport Operations (Current Employee), BUFMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free standby travel, hotel/car/cruise discounts
Cons: GM (and 2 Teacher's Pets), Accountibility, Double Standards & Corporate Management
Don't get me wrong, JetBlue is an awesome company to work for. Comparable benefits, with the exception of pay when it comes to one other airline (i.e. Southwest). Free standby flights are nice if you like to travel and pick the right times. Some people will hound you for "Buddy Passes," but be extremely careful on who you give them to since if something bad happens it WILL come right back to you. It's your best bet to only give them to people you absolutely know and trust. However, getting the time off can be somewhat difficult since no one wants to work in the Summer and that's the most favorable – more... time to travel. When it comes to working for JetBlue, at least as an AO Crewmember, everything depends on what city you work in. Certain cities have "blue juice" running through their veins and it's an awesome station to work at from top to bottom. Then there are other stations that are just discouraging and everyone is ready to leave before they even swipe their ID to punch in. The station I worked at most of the Crewmembers couldn't stand each other. Most have been working together since the inception of JetBlue in 2001 and there is just too much history, animosity and finger-pointing to the point that nothing will every change. They just deal with each other if they happened to be working the same flight or are both designated at the counter. This obviously doesn't make for the most welcoming setting when for the customer when they're about to go on a trip. The problem starts at the top. It also doesn't help that certain Supervisors will literally kneel to whatever the GM wants. People are not held accountable for their actions and they are pretty much allowed to do whatever they like. Didn't know that going to get a manicure while you're on the clock was ok, but here it is. Also, you're apparently allowed to say a terribly derogatory name to the face of a person of an other race and keep your job. Sounds bad I know, but that is not to say that all is bad there. The problem is that serious situations just get swept underneath the rug and forgotten about. People don't say anything because they're afraid it will come back to them. Confidentiality with them is an absolute joke. Alright next, it is a very senior station so 85% (that's a extremely generous number) of the Crewmembers know what they are doing very well. Delays are difficult and hard to get used to, but hopefully you can catch on quick because the patience of that place is paper thin at certain times when it comes to delays. You will see people team up to work certain flights together or work certain flight so that they don't have to do anything for three hours before they leave or so they don't have to work with certain people. On the job training is a joke. The liaison's feel that they are knowledgeable of their job (which they are), but other Crewmembers do not feel the same way. So get ready to go through OJT twice. Just a little word to the wise if you plan on working there: SHOW UP ON TIME, DO YOUR JOB AND GO HOME. Do not get involved in the gossip that floods that place like a broken water main. If you like to travel this place is for you. If you don't like to start work at 3:45am or leave at 2:00am sometimes after severe delays, when you started at 9:00am, than this job is not for you. Depending on which bid you are stuck with (for "Baby Blues" it is usually the 1st shift at 3:45am) so you might as well say goodbye to your social life if you're younger. There are Crewmembers that have been there for ten years and they cannot get a bid with even one weekend day off. Sometimes trading shifts is easy and sometimes it is not. If you need time off it may be difficult. So if you miss work a lot, have a lot going or can't wake up in the morning then I would try and find another job. Once again JetBlue is a great company and they are expanding quite rapidly. Transferring after a year to wherever there's an opening is always a possibility if things go south quick where you are. All you have to do is work hard, do a good job, be yourself and you will be fine. You can try to have fun (which is actually one of JetBlue's values), but that usually isn't welcomed and you will seldom have fun. You'll have fun in Orlando during initial training, but after that it's a slippery slope downhill. I can't stress this enough, do not worry about what is going on with fellow Crewmembers around you. It is not worth it to put yourself through it. This is just an idea of the culture that you may be walking into as a "Baby Blue." Finally, you thought you may have already graduated high school, but get ready to go back. I know that is all over the place, but prospective employees need to know what they're walking into. – less
Great Place too work
Accounts Receivables Specialist - Cargo (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: flying for free, being able to work from home two days a week.
Cons: healthcare costs, commute is long and overwhelming.
the past almost 10 years it has been my second home... I have been able to work with so many people and learn from each and everyone of them. Family is important and my crewleaders have always made me feel that way. The hardest part is that the commute has been taking a toll and trying to find a job closer to home.
Productive and sometimes crazy place to work.
Airport Operation Crew (Former Employee), JFK Airport Airport OperationsMay 4, 2015
Pros: Flight benefits, Healthcare
I loved working at jetBlue meeting new people everyday, learning their stories and what they were traveling for. The leadership in JFK was ok you had your good and bad. Some of the leadership team were great to work with and other needed to go to back to leadership school. But other than that I made great friends great co-workers. I learned alot more things about the airline industry.
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table.
Ground Operations (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLApril 25, 2015
A typical work day starts with security checks, which is searching for any prohibited items that will damage the plane or put the customer in danger. what I learn working for JetBlue is that in order to get the job done correctly and efficiently is by team work. When a day becomes short staffed, supervisors would come and help, they are also welling to listen to comments and concerns. what I enjoy the most about working at JetBlue is that I love planes and I love working on them. Every part of my position I consider important, because it contributes to the company growth and customer satisfactions.
Great company with meaningful Culture
Customer Service Crewmember (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2015
Pros: Company parties and bbqs open communication with upper management
Cons: No longer has David Neelman as CEO
A company who stands out in the travel industry, a company who prides themselves on dealing with agents and customers on their company's 5 core values of Safety, Caring, Integrity Fun, and Passion! One of the best companies I've worked for! First company that I've seen CEO and VIP step up to the counter and check people in or help customers and agents with bag checks.
I am productive ,responsable and 24 -7 available
Cashier (Former Employee), Carolina, Puerto RicoMarch 29, 2015
I think that the airport is a very good place to work ,their so much security to work and do I think i will do very good at my work .I have available 24/7 hour to work

1 2 3 4 5

About JetBlue Airways Corporation

JetBlue Airways Corporation (JetBlue) is a passenger airline that provides customer service primarily on point-to-point routes. – Read more

JetBlue Airways Corporation Salaries