JetBlue Airways Corporation

JetBlue Airways Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Fun production
Queues Crew (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 17, 2016
JetBlue was my last job. It was productive and fun work place. I worked from home, that was the best, that was the most enjoyable part of the job. Typical day at work, woke up, had breakfast and work in my PJs sometimes. I have learned a lot, how to deal with customers, learned new systems. Managements are excellent, but supervisor are not typical I like her to be. I liked most of my co workers, but I don't get to see them because we all worked at home. The hardest part about my job is the expectations. We have to stay focus and keep working all the time, no inactivity what so ever and we have to meet the criteria and goals. They monitored us all the time, watched and listen to us work. Worst part is lack of training. I enjoyed the most was my flight benefits and able to stay home and enjoy my family.
Pros
free flights
Cons
being watched very strict
Different lifestyle
Relief Lead, Airport Operations (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2016
Fun place to work. Different kind of life style. Very adaptable to the employees situation. Allowed me great flexibility.
Productive workplace, customer service oriented
GROUND OPERATIONS Acting lead (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 14, 2016
Very exciting company to work for. Not only does it take care of it's customers and openly takes excellent care of it employees. Upper leadership is very in tune with employees and also very willing and able to help when needed. Excellent choice to work for.
Pros
Flight benefits, 401k, work hour flexibility, growth oportunity
Great place to work as a regular crewmember
Ground Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2016
JetBlue Airways is a fantastic place to work for regular and part time employees. The travel benefits are the best in the industry, and make up for the difference in pay. The teamwork amongst regular crewmembers is also great. It is a fun place to work, and is ideal for someone with more flexibility and the love of traveling.

However, supervisors do not get the help they need. There is so much focus on the crewmembers, that the supervisors seem to be forgotten about. The salaries are stagnant, hours are long, cities are constantly shorthanded, and some cities are not giving their front line supervisors the attention, help, and support they need in the airline industry.

There is a high turnover rate for supervisors because the position is so demanding. The pay is too low for the position, and the supervisors are constantly under duress from customers, crewmembers, and their own managers.
Pros
Travel Benefits, flexibility
Cons
Supervisors do not get support, long hours, weekend/nights
Awesome
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 1, 2016
Great co-workers, enjoyed the travel perks. As with any airline, it has it's ups and downs, but the good totally out weigh the bad!
Great Company
Airport Operations Crew (Current Employee) –  FLL AirportMay 29, 2016
Each day at work I would learn something new. All co-workers work well together. The five core values are always highly maintained and
crew members are always informed of changes
Pros
Company BBQ during holidays
Incredible company to be apart of
Bilingual Reservations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2016
Very family oriented and has a family feeling amongst co-workers while maintaining the professionalism that every company should have. Extraordinary benefits and good training but very impersonal and overly complicated flag (points) system.
Fun workplace with a lot of perks
Customer Solutions Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2016
Jetful is an amazing place to work. CEO and higher management really care about employees and are always finding ways to compensate for hard work and effort. Everyone is friendly and always willing to help. Growth options are achievable and promotions are always encouraged.
Pros
Flight benefits, Profit Sharing, Surprise bonuses
Cons
Unusual schedules
Passionate Place to Work
Supervisor Airport & Ground Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 19, 2016
A typical day at work for myself is responding to emails, coaching, mentoring, developing crewmembers, and ensuring safety is our number one value.

I have learned a great amount in the 10.5 years I have been with JetBlue Airways. I was hired in with no experience and was able to learn every aspect of the operation.

Management is management. Some days you love them others you don't. It's a give and take. I think that is probably anywhere really.

My peers are wonderful, caring, sensitive and passionate.

The hardest day on the job for me is when someone I felt a kinship to was escorted off the property pending termination review by me. It's never a good day for that.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I made along the organization.
Pros
Free Travel, CSPP, Profitt Sharing, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Unpredictability of scheduling. Working against mother nature, Not enough equipment, Equipment that wouldn't last. Theft.
Fun and friendly Atmosphere. Feeling of family
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Darien, CTMay 15, 2016
This was by far the greatest company I've ever worked for. One of the only companies that actually practices what they preach. I feel honored to have worked for them.
Pros
Free flights all year
Cons
Only 3 paid holidays
Matured
General Manager, IT (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 1, 2016
JetBlue has been great to me and I've been fortunate to be a part of something special over the past 13 plus years. JetBlue has matured incredibly over the years - from the people to the place to the processes to the benefits. I've learned an incredible amount about the airline industry but more about how to successfully deliver projects, lead teams, and improve on all I do. Most people at JetBlue are hardworking and passionate about the company. They are the ones who make it difficult to even consider looking elsewhere. However, the most challenging aspect I face day-to-day is keeping up with operational issues while pursuing to deliver new products or enhance current functionality on existing ones. I truly enjoy delivery more than operations support and wish to focus my time in that area.
Pros
Great benefits, strong brand, NY based, solid culture
Cons
work/life balance
great benifits
Airport Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 25, 2016
great people to work with, They try to empower you to make the right choices with out customers. Fly for free and Free Pizza.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
irops //
great company
Airport Operations (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAApril 21, 2016
great company to work for company really sets them self apart from the pact schedule is based on seniority probation 90days after that very flexible
Ok place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAApril 13, 2016
Co workers are fun to be around, fast pace environment, great flight benefits. Accountability needs to be improved from supervisors on up through management. Everyone seems to want to just "pass the buck" so they do not have to deal with the problem. High expectations for minimal pay. Desperately understaffed at this specific location.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
management needs to focus on big picture and not micro manage
Safety productive very customer service
Airport Operation/Customer Service Agents (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 8, 2016
Check in passenger, sale tickets, ability to communicate well both verbally and written. Able to juggle a large amount of information at once and prioritize what need to be done.
Pros
Traveling and meet people
Value-Focused Company
Analyst Customer Insights (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 9, 2016
This company has a primary focus on it's Crewmembers and Customers. They focus on delivering an excellent experience for both and help you feel like you apart of something greater.
fun place to work but limited opportunity for growth
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 28, 2016
travel perks are wonderful and the culture is fun. However, the opportunity for growth is quite limited. very high turnover rate in certain departments.
Amazing Company
Talent Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 28, 2016
Great company but moving up is all politics and salary is low. However, the work environment is wonderful and so are all of the Crewmembers. It is a company I love and believe in.
Interesting, everyday a new challenge, fun and interesting, troubleshooting Systems, repairing aircraft and wiring, servicing aircraft, and doing mods
Aviation Technical Operations Mechanic (Tech Op's) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2016
Interesting, everyday a new challenge, fun and accelerating. Troubleshooting Systems, repairing aircraft and wiring, servicing aircraft, and doing Modifications.
What I learned, Systems checks, how to do Bore Scopes on engines, change oil filters, IDG (Integrated Drive Generators) inspections and servicing, and changing filters on A320 and A321 Airbuses. Inlet engine ring changes, serving Hydraulic Systems, changing nose gear and main landing gear tires, and removing and replacing wing, landing, taxi lights and tail taillights, servicing oxygen and changing oxygen bottles, and many more task
Good with strong emphasize on safety,and helping technician technicians advancement and improvement. Fair and impartial with everyone.
Good people, team players, hard working, and good to work with and for.
The hardest part of the job was commuting from Orlando to JFK, and doing checks in 28 degree below weather with a wind chill factor.
Gate calls and the sense of accomplishment when fixing the aircraft for its scheduled flight.

Pros
Great 401K plan with 8% matching company contributions, Flight benifits, and PTO (paid time off)
Cons
Traveling to and from JFK.
great company
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 25, 2016
loved what i did. loved who i worked with. needed more growth opportunities. jetblue is a great company to work for. there core values is what makes them successful along with a great goal oriented staff and management.

4.3