JetBlue Airways Corporation Employee Reviews

Exciting work environment
Inflight Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 22, 2017
Jetblue is a company with great culture. For the most part, there is much optimism and support from both management and coworkers. The core values of this company are morally positive.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Poor healthcare plan, away from home for long periods of time
No work/life balance
Developer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2017
The workload is unrealistic. They work you to the bone and keep asking for more commitment, more quality, in less time. I constantly worked much more than 40 hours/week. I worked nights, weekends, and even during vacation. Whenever I mentioned to Leadership that I had to put on all those hours to meet deadlines, they would argue that I had done that intentionally and that they had not requested that.

There is more: your annual evaluation is based on Goals that have little to do with your daily tasks, and add even more stress to an already insane workload.
Pros
Great team members
enjoyable part
Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJuly 22, 2017
You get to enjoy travel benefits on the weekends. Travelling on the weekends is a great benefit not only for full-time employees but also interns has been a great perk and a pleasure.
fun
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 20, 2017
Jetblue is a fun and very family oriented place to work. I love it at LGA, The management are very supportive and helps when in need, and the staffing are wonderful
Benefits
Cons
There really none for me
Amazing overall experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 18, 2017
I would recommend Jetblue to anyone wanting to work from home.
Extremely flexible hours, overall a wonderful experience, learning something everyday is always possible
Pros
Supportive staff, flexible schedule
Cons
n/a
Great fun atmosphere
Network Engineer (contract) (Former Employee) –  UtahJuly 17, 2017
This place is fun, not only do you get catered lunches you also get massages.

Break room full of goodies, managers that really care and give you a voice.

Would love to go back and work there.
Pros
Management, salary, benefits
Cons
none that I can think of
Customer Focused Airline
Airport Operations (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2017
JetBlue Culture focuses on Customer Service and making sure our customers receive the most pleasant service at all contact points.

All agents rotate daily between the ticket counter, gate, and baggage claim area to ensure a continuous, smooth operational process on the customer end. Rotation can change depending on the size of the JetBlue City. Procedures are not hard to follow and each operational area is routine once you learn the job duties.

We work close with upper management and feel comfortable addressing any concerns or issues with them no matter the outcome.

The hardest part of the job is the changing of the bid schedule, working evenings and weekends, and not knowing when your work day will end during irregular operations. Unless you have a dual income, PT pay is low, making it nearly impossible to live on your own. Picking up additional shifts when available has been necessary to make extra money.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to converse with customers, working next to the same co-workers daily (a perk with a smaller city), and flight benefits.
Pros
Easy to pick up/trade shifts when available, great co-workers, flight benefits
Cons
Irregular operations, evenings/weekend shifts, work/life balance can be affected greatly, low PT pay
Very Cultured
Airport Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 16, 2017
JetBlue has a lot of culture. They celebrate every holiday with a party or barbecue and participate in things that is happening around the city.
The hardest part of the job is when they have mandatory shift extensions, where they have crew members stay past their shift. The problem with this is that sometimes they was no set time for when you got off of work. They would keep the crew members 5 extra hours past shift regardless of the hours you worked for the day.
Pros
Benefits, travel package, JetBlue Culture
Cons
Short breaks, shift extensions, stability
JetBlue is a good employer overall
Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2017
JetBlue as a company is a good employer and cares about their Crewmembers. They try to keep everyone happy and listen to each voice. However my particular department was poorly managed and it was time to leave.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Can be hard to move if you don't know the right people
work place with ping pong table
Ground Operations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2017
A pretty easy job.
Management could use a bit of work.
schedule is super flexible.
awesome benefits
aiming to grow quickly
open work place
super fun during the winter
benefits
Cons
management/ weather
Wanted to retire there.
Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 15, 2017
Loved running the machines, and loading the airplanes. Always wished the job was longer and paid more. Someone wanted the job more than me. No big deal. I have to pay my dues just like everyone else.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay
Busy place to work, fun at times
Inflight Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2017
Company runs lean,work 2 jobs for the price of one.Always short staffed, always training new people. Very hard to use travel benefit, due to staffing.
Great company!
Ground Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2017
This is best company that I have ever worked for! Good benefits, good pay, and the company really looks out after their employees. I have worked for other airlines, but this is by far the best airline to work for. I am very thankful and blessed to work for jetBlue Airways.
Pros
The CEO is down to Earth, growing rapidly, employee appreciation
Cons
Working in the elements, constant changing of airline regulations
I love JetBlue!
Airport Operations (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 10, 2017
Working at JetBlue Airways was a great experience! Although our Airport Manager had shady business practices, the company overall is one of the best in the airline industry! I would work for JetBlue again in a heartbeat!
Pros
Travel benefits, amazing family team structure and Customer contact
Cons
Unpredictable schedules during flight delays and cancellations
One of my favorite Jobs
Airport Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2017
I can honestly say that I love this job. I love taking care of customers and this was a perfect marriage of my two degrees that I have. I love the benefits of the job and so does my mom and nephew. I would recommend to many people to try this company for at least a short while if anything. My only complaint is that they do not uphold the values that they stand for.
family
Ground Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2017
work should never feel like work. A work place should always make you feel comfortable and enjoyable looking forward to get to work.a work environment should feel family welcome.
Overall good place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 29, 2017
The culture at JetBlue is like no other, they really value their employees and their customers. Benefits are ok if you work full time. Very flexible, basically able to work as much or little as you want. Travel benefits are good too.
Good place to work for
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 28, 2017
From start to finish it is lights camera action. Never a dull moment nor boring day. Management needed support to onward support the crewmembers and crewmembers onward to customers. The employees are always supportive to each other for a balance. The hardest part of the day was the inoperable flights or cancelled flights. The best part of the day was the fulfillment of getting the job done.
Pros
During inoperable flights breakfast/ lunch/ dinner was provided to employees
Cons
N/a
Great flexibility, but not worth it
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2017
The calls are nonstop, and you will almost always deal with irate customers. They hate when you use aftercall and don't care about your mental health.
Pros
Flight benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Literally everything else
Fun work enviorment but not great leadership.
Ground Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 22, 2017
jetBlue is a great work environment but lacks great leadership. As a crewmember with jetBlue I was always worried about losing my job for simple reason. I couldn't count on leadership to back me in any serious situation outside of work family issues nothing. I lost my home as always showed up to work and was fired for being late with no understanding from the company.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
bad leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JetBlue Airways Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2