JetBlue Airways Corporation

JetBlue Airways Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Good startup
Lead Materiel Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2016
JB is a good company which started with great expectations and valued its employees. First 10 years the company operated like a family, however the operation method changed later as the company grew, more business minded.

JetBlue is a good company to work with however in my humble opinion management needs to get familiar with the operating needs of employees on the front line.
the best jetblue job ever
AIRPORT OPERATIONS CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 10, 2015
it is the best job in the world!!!!!! A typical work day is just like a normal work day. Everyday it is a new adventure. I love all my customers and co-workers. This is my first airline job and I am hooked on it. My worst fear is to fail. But I do not plan to give up. there are days when I ask myself how and why am I here but I never FELT THIS GREAT ABOUT ANY JOB I EVER WORKED. THIS IS LIKE THE GREATEST JOB EVER. I HAVE SOME HARD DAYS BUT THOSE SAME HARD DAYS MAKE ME BECOME STRONGER. THAN I HAVE EASY DAYS. THE PAY IS GOOD AND THEY GIVE YOU GREAT BENEFITS. EVERYONE RESPECTS EVERYONE.

NOTHING ELSE TO SAY BUT THANK YOU JESUS FOR JETBLUE
Pros
free travel
Ok place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAApril 13, 2016
Co workers are fun to be around, fast pace environment, great flight benefits. Accountability needs to be improved from supervisors on up through management. Everyone seems to want to just "pass the buck" so they do not have to deal with the problem. High expectations for minimal pay. Desperately understaffed at this specific location.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
management needs to focus on big picture and not micro manage
A job that can turn into a career
Ground Operations (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 8, 2015
Typical day: Park in the garage, walk to the elevator, wait for a bus, go to your terminal stop, walk in and clock in. It takes 15min-30min to get to where you need to go when you park. After that, check the board and see where you are and who you are working with. You'll be assigned flights on the ramp or a carousel in the bag room. Bag room: sit at the carousel all day and put luggage in a cart after you scan it. Ramp: Plane service, load/unload luggage, and wing walk it out to taxi. It is a demanding job but you can take a lot of breaks either between flights or a scheduled break in the bag room. At the end of the day clock out and do step 1 in reverse. You'll earn about an extra hour a day at the airport by going to and leaving jetblue, but hey, parking is free if you find a spot.

Learned: Airport jobs are complex and require a lot of security and sweating. Be prepared to do your best and make sure those planes go out on time and the luggage isn't missing. At first, it's just a job but if you enjoy it and work hard it can be a career you'll like going to.

Management: As any other work place, you have good and bad managers. They all do their job, though. I've never had a problem with management or the HR team.

Co-workers: Jetblue hires quality people. You shouldn't have any big problems with any of the crewmembers. It's a team environment. As long as everyone does their part, it works out.

Hardest part: Getting to work, dealing with heavy luggage when it's 100 degrees/raining, and making sure you follow all of the procedures when it comes to benefits and overtime.
  more... If you work nights and the plane is delayed, you're stuck there. Another hard part is the crazy schedules you'll be facing when you're a "baby blue." You might not get weekends off until about 4 years into it. I hope you're ready to have a social life like someone in medical school.

Enjoyable: It's a pretty cool job. You're working with the planes. Giant metal tubes that fly in the air. If you get past all of the training and you're not fired or sick of it by then; Work hard and you can definitely make a career out of it. If you don't like it, job search and leave on good terms and you'll have jetblue on the resume. Flying benefits are also great. You fly FREE on jetblue and you can fly for cheap with partner airlines. Just remember, free flying doesn't put food on the table.
Pros
Benefits, growth
Cons
schedules
Fun workplace with a lot of perks
Customer Solutions Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2016
Jetful is an amazing place to work. CEO and higher management really care about employees and are always finding ways to compensate for hard work and effort. Everyone is friendly and always willing to help. Growth options are achievable and promotions are always encouraged.
Pros
Flight benefits, Profit Sharing, Surprise bonuses
Cons
Unusual schedules
Jetblue Airways
Airport Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 11, 2015
This is a very good company to work for, Very flexible schedules, diverse culture and great benefits.
If you are love to travel this is the place to be.
Pros
free air travel
Cons
healthcare
Productive workplace, customer service oriented
GROUND OPERATIONS Acting lead (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 14, 2016
Very exciting company to work for. Not only does it take care of it's customers and openly takes excellent care of it employees. Upper leadership is very in tune with employees and also very willing and able to help when needed. Excellent choice to work for.
Pros
Flight benefits, 401k, work hour flexibility, growth oportunity
productivity and fun workplace with ping pong table
MATERIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 6, 2015
I love JETBLUE I would work with them any day or time if I have the chance again. great benefits good workplace good culture and fun coworkers.
Pros
free flights
Cons
short breaks
Horrible Management
Airport Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJanuary 19, 2015
I cannot actually rate the entire company, but the experience I had at Orlando airport in customer service was horrible. I regret the day I applied to work at that station. This does not speak for everyone, but the majority of the people put in charge are lazy. They talk about other employees on a constant basis to everyone else. They are not willing to help when someone calls them. I have never worked at a job so bad. I have never been at a company where management works as a team with other employees to plot to get rid of other employees. People you work with cannot be trusted. They will snitch on you for doing anything wrong to make themselves look good. It was like being in high school. I also believe there was a lot of racism coming from upper management. If you choose to work for this company, do not work at this station.
Pros
free flights, 401k, medical, dental, vision
Cons
co-workers and management
its an ok place to work
Lead Agent Ground Ops (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 21, 2015
jetblue airways is an awesome place to work with great pay and benefits...they paid for training and uniform allowance....great people working there
Pros
flying benefits for you and your family
very excellent place of work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 12, 2015
An enjoyable work place , full of excitement and fast paced work with supportive management. it is fun working in that place so much that don't know when all those years passed with a smile. it is not all about the time and numbers but it gives you personally grow and develop as a person. it is too crowded and very busy but it is expected from a really big and growing well known company. .

the most enjoyable part is fun filled atmosphere with new person in front o you every two minutes and working alongside with colleagues and learning from them. everything goes hand in hand.

there is a lot of variety in what I did each day from regular routine work and the challenges which come up all of a sudden , planned or unplanned .

enjoyed my time and work everyday.
Pros
an enjoyable and friendly work place
Cons
very time bound and very punctual.
One of my most favorite places to work
Aiport, Provisioning & Ramp Agent for G.O (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 2, 2015
My experience with Jetblue was exceptional. I enjoyed moving around the company, the perks were great, I travelled often, Plenty of overtime, and made plenty of friends.
Pros
Flight benefits, hours available, free uniforms, and credit towards purchases
Cons
Need a better system of accountability
Productive and sometimes crazy place to work.
Airport Operation Crew (Former Employee) –  JFK Airport Airport OperationsMay 4, 2015
I loved working at jetBlue meeting new people everyday, learning their stories and what they were traveling for. The leadership in JFK was ok you had your good and bad. Some of the leadership team were great to work with and other needed to go to back to leadership school. But other than that I made great friends great co-workers. I learned alot more things about the airline industry.
Pros
Flight benefits, Healthcare
great company
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 25, 2016
loved what i did. loved who i worked with. needed more growth opportunities. jetblue is a great company to work for. there core values is what makes them successful along with a great goal oriented staff and management.
home away from home
ground operations (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 22, 2015
My experience at jetblue (Ground Operations) was like a one in a life time experience for me. I came from nothing into this job and left with alot of great memories. working for jetblue opened my eyes to the true meaning of integrity, passion, trust. I regret the terms that came to ending my employment learning the biggest lesson of my life. every year that goes by and im still unable to find a job like jetblue really crushes me, but i maintain a focused vision and i will not quit at getting my job back at jetblue. hands down best time of my life. everyone there is open and the diversity is never ending. i meet some good co-workers and great friends. most enjoyable part of my job was pushing out each flight and saluting the captian. now thats success.
Pros
benefits, free flights, comfortable uniforms
Cons
no union
Flexible Schedule / Flight Benefits
Reservation/Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 17, 2015
The days can vary depending on weather, cancellations, delays, staffing, and customer needs. Listening to the customer and assisting them with their travel needs, ensuring that the experience from beginning to end is positive making the job very fullfiling.
Management encourages opinions and ideas to make processes more efficient and creating work life balance.
Incredible company to be apart of
Bilingual Reservations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2016
Very family oriented and has a family feeling amongst co-workers while maintaining the professionalism that every company should have. Extraordinary benefits and good training but very impersonal and overly complicated flag (points) system.
Culture-focused company with growth potential
Director Global Sales, Marketing & PR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2014
JetBlue is a great company that sincerely cares about its crewmembers. Historically, it was seen as a very innovative and nimble company, but as it has matured, that has been more difficult to perpetuate. The company prides itself on being contrarian and unique in the experience it offers customers, but there is an important balance between being customer-focused and responsible to shareholders.

The flight benefits are a fantastic perk and something that should be used. The company holds high expectations for its crewmembers, but also takes care of those that work hard.
Pros
flight benefits, company culture
Cons
less innovative and nimble as it grows.
Work Flexibility
JetBlue Customer Service/Training Liaison (Current Employee) –  Orlando FloridaSeptember 29, 2014
Is a great place to work, the flexibility of the Company allows me to work in on the fields of the operation in one single week. I have been given the opportunity to advance, train, and teach new crew members.

I have been part of the management level working as Supervisor for two years in one of our new stations in the Virgin Islands. I have opened several new stations, and taught classes at the JetBlue University.

Co-workers are easy to get along with, although I do not socialize outside the work environment.

I think the toughest part of my job is when I have to deal with irregular operations with the airline.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I fly for free wherever I want.
Pros
free flights, flexibility with schedule
Cons
have not gotten a raise in four years
fun place to work but limited opportunity for growth
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 28, 2016
travel perks are wonderful and the culture is fun. However, the opportunity for growth is quite limited. very high turnover rate in certain departments.

4.3