Jetstream Ground Services Employee Reviews

Poor Organization
Operations (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 3, 2016
This organization is very unorganized. They do not have good upper management that understands airline operations. They will come into a city with their own agenda and do not take the time to research the station and to understand how the station works. This leads to disgruntle employees and no organization. This company needs to get back to management 101 basics. They also need to treat people with respect. Best part of the day is working with people from different cultures.
Pros
Front line employees
Cons
Treat you like a slave.
worse place I've worked at since 1997 at DIA
ex lead aircraft appearance (Former Employee) –  Denver, CoFebruary 16, 2016
HORRIBLE communication, management has no clue WHAT is going on, the laziest workers are praised while the hard workers are always treated unfair. Don't waste your time working here.
Pros
Cons
lucky to get a break, worked like a dog while being treated elike a slave
Fast pace and challenging.
Supervisor/Station Trainer/Operations (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2015
A typical day offers a face paced although sometimes redundant work day.

I learned to keep an eye on whats going on around me at all times and to make quick decisions on how to best handle difficult situations.

Hardest part of the job is flight delays due to weather or maintenance.

Best part is the people I have come to know and rely on. Working a commercial airline flight is a team effort and I would have got next to nowhere without them.
Pros
Fast paced, challenging.
Cons
Very short breaks
Poor
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2015
Very stressful job with a lot of unpaid overtime given. Also not a lot of support in the day to day operation from headquarters or staff.
Structured and Productie workplace
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2015
Teams are assigned differently everyday with much favoritism. Work assignments rotate every aircraft and are very efficient, completing 6 to 8 aircraft per shift. Most management are very friendly and willing to help out whenever needed. There is often a language barrier between crew however it is easily overcome and we all have a good time. The most challenging part of the job can be how physically demanding it can be. The best part however, is the mixing of cultures and learning about one another.
Pros
Structured, predictable
Cons
High securoty measures can be challenging, low pay.
It's an easy job
Lead Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 12, 2015
The job itself is easy, the problem is that JetStream underpays all of their employees so they will lose their best workers to better jobs and the only people who will stick around are less than exceptional.
Pros
easy job, fun
Cons
work outdoors, people they hire aren't great, low pay
Interesting,busy, enjoyable
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 5, 2015
my typical day at work was interesting and very busy. I made sure I gathered all my team members and made sure that they were well equipped for the day. My co-workers were fun to work with, The hardest part of the job was getting on and off of planes on time, The most enjoyable part of the job was having lunch and able to connect with different co-workers
a nice break room an great people
Plane cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 25, 2015
well when we got to work we did the same as everyone else clocked in an got started to work I was assigned to do galleys all the time do I got my thing that I needed to clean with I got started than when we were done with half of the planes we would take our lunch break an than get started again till thy were all cleaned than we would clock out.
Pros
free food an great people i worked at the airport
Cons
that people would call off every day an make us so short handed
ok
Airplane Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 9, 2015
cleaned and restocked airplanes. I learned how to organize an stock. management was good. my co-workers were helpful and fun. the hardest part was working with foreigners, because communication was difficult. I enjoyed just walking thru the airport as an employee.
Its a job
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Charlotte Douglas AirportJanuary 6, 2015
We walk around, well basically run from plane to plane and concourse to concourse in any type of weather, to clean planes in 5 to 10 minute times. Theres no order.....unorganized, and low pay.
Pros
its a job.
Cons
low pay, nasty break rooms & bathrooms. no benefits, no raises
Fun place to work
Ramp Service Agent/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 3, 2014
Typical day at work was show up do your job professionally and make sure every plane meets the turnaround time during arrival and departures or even cancellations due to weather.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no room for advancement at this time
Wonderful Place to work
Utilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 14, 2014
Great crew in a great environment, fun to work with.

Managed 4-5 person cleaning crew on board US Airways aircraft.
Jetstream
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2014
Management was unstable
Not enough training
Co workers were pleasant
Pros
schedule was great
Cons
no job security
woul not sugest to work at this place,or advise your friends to.
Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2014
Directer would always micro manage our management.Job security is not good at all.Very high turn over rate in all fields top to bottem.
Pros
cannot think of any
Cons
bad medical plan, cut bac on very few vacation days, pennies on the year advancement.
great job
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 6, 2014
open building, wait on customers and delivery drivers,unload trucks with forklift and run freight to airplanes
Pros
warm warehouse
Cons
not really any
JetStream Ground Services Review By Former Manager
3rd Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 10, 2014
I worked at the Denver Hub in 2013, and while the pay was fair, the culture was dismal. An organization's culture can tell you all you know need to know about any company. However, to better understand this you must look at the different types of culture. First, there is blame. Second, punitive. Third, reporting. Lastly, there is just culture. Jetstream's culture is a blame and punitive culture. Additionally, the 4 P's of procedural development is in a chaotic state of existence. The owner offers no clear philosophy, thus the other 3 P's (policy, procedure and practice) can't prosper. Additionally, there is constant turnover at the middle management level. I believe more leadership and guidance from people with an education in aviation, not just a general business degree, might help JetStream turn their reputation around.
Pros
pay
Cons
see review
good place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  East Boston, MAMay 13, 2014
the only problem was the overnight shift
Good management
fun place to work
very friendly co-workers
Fun work place with great coworkers but somewhat unorganized
Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 15, 2014
Management needs a tad bit more organization and proper lines of communication. Coworkers and supervisors are absolutely wonderful and make work fun and enjoyable.
Pros
wonderful supervisors and coworkers
Cons
healthcare and management
A good example of how not to organize a company.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 14, 2014
Third shift includes simple and relatively easy tasks, but the division of labor is only occasionally done reasonably and it's a coin-flip whether or not other employees will help you. Supervisors are hit-or-miss in competency and initiative, training was inadequate in several areas, management was flighty and unreliable, and the work load varies wildly and unpredictably depending on how the day goes.

All around an unhealthy working environment in most cases, though the other employees are often easy to get along with. Unfortunately they bleed employees constantly, with people often walking off the job outright due to the many problems with how the company is managed. Nothing about the job is really difficult besides having to deal with the management and the incompetent supervisors, who are about half of them. That said, nothing about the job was enjoyable either.

Pay was meager and benefits were nonexistant, not terribly surprising given the menial nature of the job but not a thing that encourages exemplary effort either, and not reflective of the emphasis given by management on the importance of the security check portion of our work. There are no raises given unless you go from another shift at $8.50 to 3rd shift at $8.75, or go from position to position is the only room for advancement, with a cap at $12/hour for supervisors. Management will refuse to work with you if you want to go part time.
Pros
easy to get overtime because they bleed employees.
Cons
no actual break time when you start working, no opportunity for significant advanement or raises, unsafe working conditions, regularly forced to do extra work due to understaffing.
Productive place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 5, 2014
• Received and accept inbound and outbound freight; generated airway bills for outbound freight using various system software.
• Collaborated with staff to maintain a safe recreational atmosphere; ensured compliance with safety policies and regulations.
• Ensured that customers get the best experiences; provide a fast and accurate service.
• Accepted additional tasks as needed by the management. .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jetstream Ground Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7