Jetstream Ground Services Employee Reviews

Poor
General Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2015
Very stressful job with a lot of unpaid overtime given. Also not a lot of support in the day to day operation from headquarters or staff.
Structured and Productie workplace
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Structured, predictable
Cons: High securoty measures can be challenging, low pay.
Teams are assigned differently everyday with much favoritism. Work assignments rotate every aircraft and are very efficient, completing 6 to 8 aircraft per shift. Most management are very friendly and willing to help out whenever needed. There is often a language barrier between crew however it is easily overcome and we all have a good time. The most challenging part of the job can be how physically demanding it can be. The best part however, is the mixing of cultures and learning about one another.
It's an easy job
Lead Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: easy job, fun
Cons: work outdoors, people they hire aren't great, low pay
The job itself is easy, the problem is that JetStream underpays all of their employees so they will lose their best workers to better jobs and the only people who will stick around are less than exceptional.
Interesting,busy, enjoyable
Team Leader (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 5, 2015
my typical day at work was interesting and very busy. I made sure I gathered all my team members and made sure that they were well equipped for the day. My co-workers were fun to work with, The hardest part of the job was getting on and off of planes on time, The most enjoyable part of the job was having lunch and able to connect with different co-workers
a nice break room an great people
Plane cleaner (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free food an great people i worked at the airport
Cons: that people would call off every day an make us so short handed
well when we got to work we did the same as everyone else clocked in an got started to work I was assigned to do galleys all the time do I got my thing that I needed to clean with I got started than when we were done with half of the planes we would take our lunch break an than get started again till thy were all cleaned than we would clock out.
ok
Airplane Cleaner (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 9, 2015
cleaned and restocked airplanes. I learned how to organize an stock. management was good. my co-workers were helpful and fun. the hardest part was working with foreigners, because communication was difficult. I enjoyed just walking thru the airport as an employee.
Its a job
Cleaner (Current Employee), Charlotte Douglas AirportJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: its a job.
Cons: low pay, nasty break rooms & bathrooms. no benefits, no raises
We walk around, well basically run from plane to plane and concourse to concourse in any type of weather, to clean planes in 5 to 10 minute times. Theres no order.....unorganized, and low pay.
Fun place to work
Ramp Service Agent/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: no room for advancement at this time
Typical day at work was show up do your job professionally and make sure every plane meets the turnaround time during arrival and departures or even cancellations due to weather.
Wonderful Place to work
Utilities Supervisor (Former Employee), Warwick, RIOctober 14, 2014
Great crew in a great environment, fun to work with.

Managed 4-5 person cleaning crew on board US Airways aircraft.
Jetstream
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2014
Pros: schedule was great
Cons: no job security
Management was unstable
Not enough training
Co workers were pleasant
woul not sugest to work at this place,or advise your friends to.
Cargo Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: cannot think of any
Cons: bad medical plan, cut bac on very few vacation days, pennies on the year advancement.
Directer would always micro manage our management.Job security is not good at all.Very high turn over rate in all fields top to bottem.
great job
customer service rep (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 6, 2014
Pros: warm warehouse
Cons: not really any
open building, wait on customers and delivery drivers,unload trucks with forklift and run freight to airplanes
JetStream Ground Services Review By Former Manager
3rd Shift Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 10, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: see review
I worked at the Denver Hub in 2013, and while the pay was fair, the culture was dismal. An organization's culture can tell you all you know need to know about any company. However, to better understand this you must look at the different types of culture. First, there is blame. Second, punitive. Third, reporting. Lastly, there is just culture. Jetstream's culture is a blame and punitive culture. Additionally, the 4 P's of procedural development is in a chaotic state of existence. The owner offers no clear philosophy, thus the other 3 P's (policy, procedure and practice) can't prosper. Additionally, there is constant turnover at the middle management level. I believe more leadership and guidance from people with an education in aviation, not just a general business degree, might help JetStream turn their reputation around.
good place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee), East Boston, MAMay 13, 2014
the only problem was the overnight shift
Good management
fun place to work
very friendly co-workers
Fun work place with great coworkers but somewhat unorganized
Operations Agent (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 15, 2014
Pros: wonderful supervisors and coworkers
Cons: healthcare and management
Management needs a tad bit more organization and proper lines of communication. Coworkers and supervisors are absolutely wonderful and make work fun and enjoyable.
A good example of how not to organize a company.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYApril 14, 2014
Pros: easy to get overtime because they bleed employees.
Cons: no actual break time when you start working, no opportunity for significant advanement or raises, unsafe working conditions, regularly forced to do extra work due to understaffing.
Third shift includes simple and relatively easy tasks, but the division of labor is only occasionally done reasonably and it's a coin-flip whether or not other employees will help you. Supervisors are hit-or-miss in competency and initiative, training was inadequate in several areas, management was flighty and unreliable, and the work load varies wildly and unpredictably depending on how the day goes.

All around an unhealthy working environment in most cases, though the other employees are often easy to get along with. Unfortunately they bleed employees constantly, with people often walking off the job outright due to the many problems with how the company is managed. Nothing about the job is really difficult besides having to deal with the management and the incompetent supervisors, who are about half of them. That said, nothing about the job was enjoyable either.

Pay was meager and benefits were nonexistant, not terribly surprising given the menial nature of the job but not a thing that encourages exemplary effort either, and not reflective of the emphasis given by management on the importance of the security check portion of our work. There are no raises given unless you go from another shift at $8.50 to 3rd shift at $8.75, or go from position to position is the only room for advancement, with a cap at $12/hour for supervisors. Management will refuse to work with you if you want to go part time.
Productive place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Queens, NYApril 5, 2014
• Received and accept inbound and outbound freight; generated airway bills for outbound freight using various system software.
• Collaborated with staff to maintain a safe recreational atmosphere; ensured compliance with safety policies and regulations.
• Ensured that customers get the best experiences; provide a fast and accurate service.
• Accepted additional tasks as needed by the management. .
Fun,Fast,Exciting place to work for
Grounds and Aircraft Cleaner/Team Lead (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: healthcare
The typical day at Jet stream ground services was dealing with a hole lot of air crafts. The co-workers and management team where the best I have ever worked for. I made it to team lead meaning on certain days I was responsible for the team task. Flight assignments, full clean assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job was full cleanings where the hole team got on air craft to do a complete clean.
:p
General Manager (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, NYNovember 15, 2013
The work/life is not equally balanced and you will get blamed for something that was out of your controlm so your higher ups won't take heat.
Good and Bad
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 28, 2013
When you only have a team of four unloading an airplane and two of them call in it can be tough. Unloading an airplane with four people is hard enough but it can be done. I ejoyed working at JeyStream but the management staff was horrible.