JEVS Human Services

JEVS Human Services Employer Reviews

Very Politicial
Associate (Current Employee), Phila PaDecember 22, 2013
Pros: individual health care is free for employee
Cons: no lunch or breaks, volume of work extreme, no personal work life balance consideration, union
There is one person in charge and that is the COO and she has taken her finger off of the pulse of the Mission and Values of Jevs. Newly hired upper management are inexperienced and do not have a clue what is happening on the front line. A salaried professional can expect to put in 60 hours a week making the general compensation less attractive than – more... it may appear. This was once a wonderful place to work. They should be renamed Jevs UN-Human (divested of human qualities or attributes) Services. Favoritism is ramped. Expectations vary from site to site. I have held several responsible positions however actively seeking new position. The general benefits are not worth the newly excessive ignorance. I have worked with some wonderful people and they were either swept up in the lay offs or left out of frustration. – less
I loved working with my clients
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2013
My clients were kind and pleasant with beautiful hearts. My day would go by fast because I loved what I was doing.
Decent Company to work for
Caregiver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2013
Decent Company to work for. I could clock in and out from the residence's phone. I mainly dealt with the family, not so much the people in the company.
Home Health Aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2013
I had the opportunity to care for my client and meet the needs of my client. I would educate my client on medications, help with daily errands, assist client to doctor appointments, as well as monitor hygienic needs.
Caregiver
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2013
I assist client with maintaining good health and mobile skills. A typical day at work is getting the client up, bathe, dressed and fed. Accompanying client to and from doctor appointments, shopping and social gatherings. Personal interactions and memories building.
was not there very long
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2013
It was a temp job that i really liked for the time. The hardest part of the job was to clean and feed the clients because it was the first time i did that.
Individual Home Care
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2013
Activities of Daily Living for elderly and mentally challenged
fun place to work,
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: no cons
I help out like walkin the dog then cooking food making up her or his bed. i don't have no hardest part of my job. the most enjoyable part about my job is going to work and help somebody in need of help.
A workplace were i grew to appreciate people of different eras
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 7, 2013
I worked with kind and loving people. My consumers were polite and kind. I never had compliants with any of my clients. They were easy to work with and handle.The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the look on my consumers faces after a day at work, knowing that I performed the best care that i was able to.
The work never ends.
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2013
Fast pace environment that requires a lot of flexibility. It is a very political organization. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the politics. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing services to the PIR.
i love working with people
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: enjoying to do what i really love
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare
i loved work. the workday always flew pass, the hardest thing about the job is being insulted by those u come to help. the best part is when you and your client get along so well.
A very caring workplace
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2012
All in all I enjoy working with my clients. Its a learning experience working with the elderly
Inspiring Company
Intern-Facilitator Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 9, 2012
Pros: great team of people
Cons: n/a
I've learn that you have to be optimistic and always keep a Positive Attitude to succeed in life.
beware
methadone counselor (Former Employee), 5820 old York rd. philadelphia paAugust 29, 2012
Pros: great diversity training, benefits
Cons: management hires friends who have no experience in the field.
This company offers great benifits great educational oppurtunity and the diversity is awesome!! Down fall their methadone clinic management at different sites Act 1 and Act 2 lacks the necessary suppervisory experience for a new counselor to gain the proper experience needed. Tis is definitely not the facility for the inexperienced drug and alcohol – more... counselor. But by far not the worst.
Overall experience a C-. Not worth the time! – less
Working at jevs has it ups and downs
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2012
I am thankful for the experience but, I'm looking for a job that I will not be stuck in the same spot for 15 years.
Great helpful interesting place to work.
Data entry (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2012
Pros: free parking
Cons: assignment not long enough
Great place to work for. This was a temporary job through an agency.