JEVS Human Services Employee Reviews

Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 21, 2017
I enjoy helping the people I work with and also enjoy the one on one care. The job is not hard very easy and relaxed environment and clients are easy to get along with.
Terrible Management
Employment Adviser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2017
Manager of a new program had no vision, did not communicate well, and seemed to pursue personal gain from his assignment as program manager than making sure the program was organized and prepared for sucess
Pros
Center City
Cons
low pay, lack of leadership
Nice place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2017
Enjoyable place to work. Benefits and compensation are good. Great relationship with my manager. Overall positive experience that fit my professional and personal needs.
Great place
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, DEAugust 20, 2017
Ii love this place and the people who work there They are always help full whenever I call and need help.. They are very informative with everyone they hire
Balanced hours
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2017
The hours are always the same. unless you have or request overtime. I learned that compassion is key with clients. The management always made sure that the clients were cared for. Enjoyed my experience there.
Review
Cook/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2017
It was training not a job but the overall experience was exceptional I enjoyed being there the environment is greate the people are wonderful & very helpful.
Jevs is alright
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 12, 2017
The job was ok. The biggest issue that caused us to switch to another provider was that the phone punch card they use often didn't work, resulting in fighting with the HR department for pay.
I looked forward to going to work in the morning.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2017
I enjoyed working with clients as well as staff. Worked in clients home to ensure proper caring and TLC. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening and learning about my clients.
Pros
To drive my own car.
Hours
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 3, 2017
In order for me to get 53 hours a week, I worked everyday. Sometimes you have to drive to different clients. Sometimes you are on call and never where you are going til that day.
Pros
sometimes you get a good client
Cons
driving
its ok
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 23, 2017
the job itself is ok I just think that they could maybe give out a little more hours . they could possibly pay more than 9.00 but other then that the job is ok its laid back and chill,
A very caring and responsible company to work for
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2017
At the time jevs was the place to be as far as working for jevs is the company that allowed me to do home care in the privacy of my mother's home for her they took care of any concerns I needed as far as working for my mother .Not to mention the pay was great and I think it was a great opportunity I experienced with the company would love to work for them again .
Pros
Excellent pay and great working opportunity
Cons
Payroll Dept could get better
simple job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 16, 2017
You take care of patients: cooking, cleaning, bathing etc. It varies on the patients needs. There's really no problem, in my case anyway. You call they answer fast, you have a problem it'll be resolved efficiently.
Pros
flexible hours
Just a part time job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2017
I only work here part time, but I enjoy my time here, the atmosphere is relaxed the staff is cool and I like working with the individuals in the home.
Pros
good shift
Cons
not enough hours
A Fun Place to Work
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2017
I have worked for JEVS for 27 years and have been promoted twice during my tenure. JEVS provides many opportunities for advancement. JEVS provides great benefits for its staff.
Great Non profit to work for
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 10, 2017
I loved working here. Unfortunately in non-profits funding is everything. I got laid off due to budge cuts.

Best thing - seeing how your work helps people find jobs, get a GED, improve their life. Working with people who feel the same way makes for good teams and co-workers.

Hardest part- Each program is funded differently so a program may be cut.. Although if you are good employee they try to keep you and move you to a different area. Many people who were laid off came back. It's the eb and flow of non-profit.

Benefits - each year cuts affect our coverage. But that is probably other places as well. Health insurance for spouses is impossible to afford.
Pros
Working with people who care, good hours
Cons
Healthcare, Job security
Very good company to work for.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2017
The company pays you on time and have very nice mangers, that come to your work environment and give you very productive advice. I would work for them again anytime.
Pros
good company
Cons
Amazing agency that provides some good opportunities to employees.
I am working as a Direct Support Professional. (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2017
Working at Jevs Human Services with people suffering with mental disabilities has been an opportunity to understand mental illnesses deeper and develop the willingness to go back to school to earn my MSW.
Pros
Analysing patients' diagnosis, trainings, and assisting patients.
Cons
Lack of supplies and waiting for help to come.
great place to mature and learn (health wise)
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 31, 2017
i learned a lot from this company i really love the job i was really sad when i left. great benefit .great client, great staff and great way to learn to mature, responsabilties.
Pros
free lunches, tv, etc
Cons
some of the patience's are mentally unstable
Work shift
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEMarch 29, 2017
I enjoy helping the clients and making sure they are being helped with their personal care and meal prep. I assist clients to the doctors appts. I do light housekeeping. I assist with transfers.
Fun place to work, great environment
Case Management Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2017
They offer a very welcoming job environment. On top of offering a great hands-on training experience for all new hires. There is a heavy case load, and lots of situations that come unexpected, but with practice and training it all comes with ease.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JEVS Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval