JEVS Human Services Employee Reviews

great and fun workplace
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2016
Great company to work for. Great supervisors, Great incentives and benefits. I've learned many skills in my position to help further my career
Case manager aide (self initiated)
Case Manager Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2016
At first the organization makes you feel welcomed from the upper management level. But then on the lower management level the expectations are unrealustic.Overall if they like you, they keep you. Turn over was high in my department due to the unprofessionalism of the supervisor. Most people either resign if not fired without merit before probationary period due to unionization.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Popularity contest, unprofessional
Internship experience
Counseling Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2016
A typical day consists of me providing counseling/therapeutic services to clients. Person-centered is the theoretical orientation however multiple interventions and skills were used, such as motivational interview, scaling, validation, and so forth. I co-facilitate weekly group. Weekly supervision was given. The hardest part of the job was down time. The most enjoyable part was supervision and client-engagement.
Your job depends on your popularity with the company
Case coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington DelawareJune 29, 2016
Your job depends on your popularity with the company and colleagues. If you are willing to paw wow with your colleagues as well as with management and your colleagues after hours and interact socially then you'll be received better. If you are aloner or a person that likes to just do your job and go home your advancement will be very limited. Management will tell you that they're very much about the population they service when in actuality they're more about the money and payment points that you're able to gain as well as the overall money that they receive doing the fiscal year. The job schedule tends to be flexible, but the caseloads are high in numbers and very demanding. The bottom line is always the numbers and not the individuals that are being serviced.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
The company gives a false representation of the care they claim they provide for the members.
Helping my patient
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2016
as i started working here before i really learn so many thing about this job and making me know so much and making sure my patient are well taking care of
Productive and proffesional.
Case coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2016
Made house visits to woman with kids whom needed help with getting put on government benefits as well as to making sure there home lives were good along with the kids.
Pros
Professional, Helping single mothers
Awesome company to work for!
Direct Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2016
I really love the company, and the training was outstanding. I can call in to the corporate office with any issue, and the staff would handle my concern with excellent. I wish the position was full-time with benefits.
JEVS Human Services
Assistant Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2016
This company has an amazing mission they are constantly striving to improve. They improve the lives of the elder and disabled in the Philadelphia area. They are very family oriented.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
No upward mobility
Poor Place in terms of Social Skills among Supervisors and Peers
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2016
Poor Management, Social Skills for just about any and ever employee has and will occur... Cultural Dismay with everyone. Peers and Supervisors seek private information from staffers to use it against another. It's all a melting pot of ignorance among staff. If seeking a place with great attitudes and agendas for work opportunities this organization is not it. If you need a paycheck and deal with rachettness, by all means.
Pros
Exit Time of the Day
Productive, fun, helping people
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 29, 2015
Depending on who your are caring for, person can be very kind, you get the joy of helping someone who is no longer able to do certain things f or themselves.
Pros
Work on your own schedule, good pay
Cons
No holiday pay
The benefits were the best part of working for jevs
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2015
This was a great place to work because of the benefits. Even though it was very boring and stagnant to work at it was also beneficial to other aspects of life.
The most enjoyable and hardest part of JEVS
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 6, 2015
The hardest part of my work was to keep my client on a schedule because she easily distracted. It was also hard for her to get exercise. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the transformation my client was making and how much she improved.
Fun and Exciting
Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2015
I got to work one on one with my clients on a whole new leave. I had to maintain the life of their everyday needs, anything they needed that the client couldn't do for themselves I would do.
Pros
the direct contact with a person
Cons
breaks where their if you had the time
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2015
I loved working for jevs human services but i had started school and the job was conflicting a bit with school. Good Pay and Good Hours
Productive, active environment that is challenging and fun.
Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2015
Fast paced & busy environment. Learned via various trainings. Management is supportive. Co-workers are phenomenal & supportive. Not being able to leave on time is the hardest part. Consulting with the clients and having fun with my co-coworkers is the most enjoyable part.
Good working with people and helping them with the things they need
Human Services Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 12, 2015
My typical day at work included me bathing my clients, giving them their medication, and preparing their meals. Also, making phone calls for them as a customer service representative and acting as their personal assistant and doing errands for them. What I learned was that in order for me to help them, they had to tell me what to do, and I already knew what to do, so I did my job and I did it very well. The management was very nice. I worked overtime when necessary and mandatory. My co-workers were on time and we assisted each other with various tasks. The hardest part of the job was lifting the clients out of the bed into the wheelchair. The most enjoyable part of the job as being there with my clients and helping them in their time of need.
Pros
Working with my clients
Cons
nothing
productive
Direct care worker (DCW) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2015
great work experience. had a great work day with great coworkers. learn a lot on the job. the hardest part was seeing so many people sick.
Employment Counselor/Job Developer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2015
Jevs Human Services is a great place to work. I enjoyed my job and co-workers. I appreciate beign able to work with great staff. Jevs takes care of its employees.
Top knoch company
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2015
Jevs Human Services is a great place to work. The positions I held were team player positions and thing went well. I enjoyed my job and co-workers. There was room for advance ment and I did get a promotion to a better paying position. There is room to move and JEVS takes good care of its employees.
Pros
good pay
Jevs very unprofessional
Home Health Aide/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 1, 2015
the assigned supervisor is never available payroll always messes up peoples checks and overall the experience was very shakey. there is no real solid forum in working with this company. I would never recommend them to anyone
Pros
meeting new people with real life disabilities
Cons
the company was very awful working with the employees