Jewelry Television Employee Reviews

Fun, fantastic place to work
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 12, 2017
Wonderful work environment, that encouraged creativity and team friendship. Stellar management, benefits, and incentives, with a wonderful on site security team that made everyone feel very secure.
Fun!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 6, 2017
Fun place to work because you were able to learn alot from the show hosts and assisting customers. Favorite part was learning all of the different types of stones
productive fast pace job with a fun and family oriented environment.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 28, 2017
a typical day at work consist of problem-solving as well as shopping for customers. Jtv is a great place to work your constantly learning about gems, clasps, and watches. the management there is fun and free spirited also understanding. everyone is extremely close from the beginning you're treated as family as soon as your hired.The "hardest" part of the job would be the rude customers who are extremely demanding and hard to satisfy another hard thing to deal with is when the temporary system breakdowns were you have to do a complicated paper version of each sale and fixed complaints.other than that the job is extremely fun and educational.
Pros
bonuses, company parties
Cons
sales
Very fun job while the economy is doing well
Commercial Photographer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 17, 2017
I loved working at JTV and shooting images of gemstones and jewelry was both challenging and fun. However, as luxury items, the products JTV offers are the first items to be eliminated from people's budgets when the economy is less than healthy, therefore the job security is very much dependent on the state of the economy.
Great work culture
Merchandising Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 14, 2017
This has by far been the best work culture environment I have ever worked in. The people are great and its like a great big happy family which is the most enjoyable part of the job. I do wish that there were more benefits but it is the best job I've ever had.
Cons
Pay
unfair terminations to employees out for being ill
Seasonal customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 29, 2017
I felt management was unfair , or the policies were not. I saw people getting fired just for being sick with a doctors note such as a co worker woman I knew fired just for being out a few days when she had a doctors note and had pneumonia
Pros
low downtime from lots of jewelry order purchases
Cons
attendance too strict terminating people due to bad illnesses
Great place to work.
Quality Control Team Lead/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 13, 2017
It's a great place to work. Very safe and fun. Great people . Learn new things everyday. Get to see alot of amazing new jewelry. Get to meet new people.
Not a place to work
Customer service/ sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 5, 2017
I was a call center agent in the call center. I was one of the best sales agents they had, always getting 100% on my reviews of my phone calls. I would not recommend working for this company. They over work you with miminum wage. They work on a points system with attendence and you cant go over that or they will fire you. I got sick with the flu and had a doctors not stating they wanted me out of work for a few days. I gave my note to my supervisor and still got fired.
Pros
great co- workers
Fun and exciting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Jewelry Television. I enjoyed the fast paced environment, and have recommended the company to many people. It is definitely somewhere that I would work again.
Decent Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 23, 2017
* I worked in a call center for Jewelry Television as a jewelry sales associate, selling jewelry, including diamonds, gemstones, gold and silver jewelry, watches, jewelry services, and repairs.
* I kept record of phone calls, transactions, handled customer complaints, refunded money and made credit card transactions by phone.
* I provided excellent customer service for purchases, repairs, and returns.
Pros
Getting to talk to people from around the U.S. & world, free food giveaways sometimes
Cons
Getting fatter from sitting for long period of time, the pay stalls out; not much room for financial growth for the employees.
steady schedule with the balance life
QA Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 7, 2017
always on steady schedule except the during holiday busy season,
and very friendly and professional working atmosphere.
and their location is a very convenient in every direction.
Great company culture
Merchandising Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 6, 2017
Jewelry Television is a great place to grow and learn your trade. Co-workers are very helpful and supportive, and employees truly care about the overall success of the company.
Love
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 21, 2017
I absoutely loved working for JTV, they were extremely flexible with my schedule, they understood that I'm a mom and that my family always came first. JTV enviorment is very calm, very fun, and super exciting.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Extreme high security
Fun place to work
Production Tech part-time (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 20, 2017
a typical day at work was rotating through three positions camera operator, shooting jewelry in light boxes, and play back operator. I learned how to work in a live television environment.
Cons
short breaks
very busy and fast placed work
daytime bar and waited tables as well (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of getting there and being greeted by a great, awesome boss and co-workers whom I enjoyed being around. The environment was very laid back and fun. I learned how to use an inventory spreadsheet and do inventory and pull orders. The part of the job I enjoyed the most was how pleasant it was to work with an awesome group of people. The hardest part of the job was leaving the friends I made while working there as a carried out my next step in life.
Pros
fast work days good people
Cons
short breaks and things constantly changing
Great place for anyone to work for
Fulfillment Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 11, 2017
In the field of fulfillment, there is a lot of repetition. For some, that's a good thing, but there is little room for exceeding expectations. The whole JTV organization including the management team is understanding of the importance of family. They have their priorities straight.
Pros
Understanding and relateable management
Cons
Overtime is mostly mandatory and a lot of the time without warning
Productive positive workplace
Customer Care Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 31, 2016
Stressful at time, but overall a positive work environment with different new task to learn. JTV has a really high call volume and is extremely busy during the holiday season. JTV is extremely great to whom is employed by them and is a christian company.
Pros
Holiday pay and incentivies
Cons
Long work hours and 30 minute lunches
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 13, 2016
I very much enjoyed my time at Jewelry Television. Starting in the call center, I advanced my way up to working in a coveted department within 2 years due to having an education in the field. I was on a first name basis with the company CEO and worked one-on-one with one of the founders. The environment is demanding but very rewarding.
Pros
great people, on-site lunch vendors daily
Cons
compensation
Very productive place
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 6, 2016
It was okay for the most part. Time went by fast and you get paid every week. There's a set schedule; you pick the days you can work. The place is busy mostly.
Fun and challenging enviroment
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 25, 2016
JTV offers a unique work place that few jobs in Knoxville will offer. The environment is genuinely friendly and the jobs are challenging. I spent over 15 years working for this company and it was very hard to decide to leave. I would recommend JTV to anyone.
Pros
Great PHO time, insurance, and other benefits
Cons
Moving up the leadership chain can take a while.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jewelry Television. Our community is ready to answer.

Jewelry Television Reviews by Location