Jewelry Television

Jewelry Television Employer Reviews

Easy relaxed atmosphere with a strong sense of family
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 8, 2014
Pros: able to get up and walk around at will, friendly atmosphere, interesting clients
Cons: hard to sit still for so long, noisy at times, hard to see ceiling monitors
Wonderful place to work, excellent training which is ongoing.
Family Values via Nepotism
Supervisor (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 26, 2014
Pros: associations with peers
Cons: pay, structure, organization and processes
This company values “family” by hiring in key areas from within family bases and affiliations. The pay is abhorrent and laughable. They are inconsistent among policy. Many decisions are made with little or no care of impact to entry level employees. Unless you are in an operations area, you will detest your job.
People make everything.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great people, overall positive environment
Cons: lack of advancement, communication issues nobody was on the same page.
Overall good company to work for.
People friendly environment.
Attendance policy was draconian.
Loved what I did.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: i was good at what i did.
Cons: just wanted a college degree
I worked my way up in this company from sales to customer service and then to resolutions. I decided it was time for me to go to college and got my associates degree at Pellissippi and then I am going to go to University of Tennessee. I have one more year left for my bachelors. I do that in the evenings.
jewelry television
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 18, 2013
i really enjoyed working for this company because i was selling jewelry and helping educate others on gems orgins, color, hardness, and best location for wear. I talked to people from all around the United States.
Horrible place to work
Sales Producer (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 7, 2013
Pros: great jewelry discount...cost plus 10%. made holiday shopping simple!
Cons: no lunch breaks, blatant disregard for workplace rules for salaried employees.
In my department, you never got your schedule more than 2 days out from the next work week. You never got back to back days off. You had to fight to get approved vacation on the schedule. And I personally was bounced from shift to shift...working overnights one day, then afternoons the next. It was next to impossible to schedule a doctors appointment – more... because of the last minute scheduling and the fact that you could be called in a moments notice. Also, in my position, you worked for a straight 8 hours...no breaks allowed. And you would frequently get called in to meetings during your "off" time as well.

You were also not allowed to wear any jewelry, watches or even belts for security reasons. And, if your cell phone wasn't charged when you left, it would be taken by security and checked to be sure you hadn't taken merchandise out.

You also had to be scanned going in and coming of the building (again to prevent inventory lose) and if you brought a lunch, you it too would be scanned to ensure you were not sneaking anything in or out. While I can understand doing everything you could to prevent theft, this was tad overboard. – less
High Paced on Phones
Information Relay Specialist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 25, 2013
Promoted to Information Relay Specialist to help customer service with direct questions in a high volume call center, worked 12hr shifts.
call center
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 3, 2013
this job has lost its family feeling and management is like a popularity contest it will drain the life out of you
Great wrok eviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 30, 2013
This was my first job, right after I graduated from Bearden High School. They had an exceptional training program.
Customer Care Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 16, 2013
The job included taking calls regarding jewelry. I learned good interpersonal skills and how to relate to different cultures since we received calls from all over the country.
Great Place to work. I enjoyed it always. Wish i never left.
Floater (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 8, 2013
Friendly place. Understanding about home life and kids. Opportunities for advancement.
great job
call center rep (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 19, 2013
Pros: jewelry sales are great you learn a whole lot more
Cons: assigned seats and timed bathrrom breaks not great for a pregnant person
great job i met a lot of different people and very friendly people both on the phone and in the call center the job is easy to do and very rewarding they pay you very well
Great place
Customer Care (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 21, 2013
A great place to work at. The coworkers are Great. Management is Great.
A good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 28, 2013
I enjoyed working at JTV. The people I worked with were fantastic and it so overall a great company.
Watch your back, someone is always out to get you.
Imaging - Commercial Photographer (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 17, 2013
Pros: co workers were fun and friendly.
Cons: management were inexperienced and have no idea what they are doing.
When I started it was fun working there but when I tried to advance it was never about who had the strongest skills, it was just about who would kiss butt more. That's how you got ahead. I even wrote down ideas to make the company better in an idea box the company put out for this and nearly got fired for my idea.

Management would take us to another – more... department to work if we didn't have anything to work on in our department. When we got to another department, we were taking work from that department and the employees in that department started to hate us because they were left with nothing to do. – less
Jewelry Television was a pretty alright place to work.
Product Official (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 8, 2013
Cons: lunch break could have been longer. only 30 min.
Everyone is pretty friendly and helpful. Advancement is possible. There are really no hard parts to this job. Advancement usually includes having some computer skills.
Easy job
Overnight Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 5, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: low pay
The job is super easy but the pay is super low. Customers are easy to work with, expectations are clear, lots of rules within the call center make it feel like it's a day care with many children instead of employees.
Awful experience
N/A (Former Employee), N/AMarch 20, 2013
Pros: ?
Cons: too many
Although it started off as a good idea and with good intentions, the company transformed over time into a cult-like environment, where favoritism and ignorance prevail. They hire people who are unqualified for the job and stifle intelligent initiatives. They are still struggling with the same issues years later, although solutions have been proposed – more... over and over again. There is little respect for other human beings and lots of missed opportunities. Unprofessional environment. I wouldn't recommend working for them or with them. – less
Work Envirmet
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: great place to work, good pay and benefits.
Cons: long hours working shifts 12 hours.
I loved working for this company but Management failed to respond to an issue on the floor with a employee who harassed other employees. I like the fact we had discounts as employees. I learn a lot about stones and how they are made in a lab and where they come from.
The most backwards cultish workplace I've known
Former Employee (Former Employee), Knoxville TNFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: used to offer good benefits
Cons: no raises, poor management
Although the company started off on a good foundation - from the passion and vision of three founders, it only went downhill from there.... It is unfortunate because the company could have been such a wonderful place given all the opportunities and talent they had at their disposal. Unfortunately, the company culture suffocated any intelligent workers – more... and slowly but surely the good ones were either kicked out or left on their own volition due to extreme frustration. I don't recommend working for JTV to anyone. – less

About Jewelry Television

Jewelry Television focuses exclusively on the sale of fine jewelry and gemstones. JTV’s television programming is broadcast – Read more