Jewelry Television Employee Reviews in United States

Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 23, 2016
JTV is an awesome employer. They are attention to their staff and their needs. Employees are given the tools needed to provide a WOW experience to customers. The management there is very supportive to their teams. The best part of working here is the people, not just your co-workers, but the customers. They are truly one of a kind.
Pros
Company show genuine care for their employees.
Cons
The pay stalls out. Not much room for financial growth for the employees.
Customer Care Rep
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 22, 2016
Just started here and I must say I LOVE IT!!!! Everyone knows everyone and we have amazing benefits! They make training easy to understand and they help you with anything you may not grasp, they won't let you walk in to it with any question of what you are doing.
Pros
Benefits, employee gym
Cons
Fun family oriented work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 21, 2016
A very laid back fun work place. Excellent benefits and employees are taken care of in every aspect of the job
Love this Company
AT Home Agent.Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 23, 2016
Great Company to work for. Growing company with good benefits for full time employees. Good opportunity to advance within the company.
Pros
worked from home part time basis
Cons
compensation was less than my qualifications dictated
excellent work and cultural environment
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 2, 2016
Jewelry Television is exceptional and was great to work for. Employees were given above average benefits and the cultural diversity was wonderful. If not for excessive layoffs, I would hope to still be employed with them.
resident aid
house manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 10, 2016
providing personal care for geriatrics, medication administration, helping with activities and range of motion,preparing meals
Loved being able to look at and sell different kinds of jewelry and gemstones.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 2, 2016
* I started in the warehouse department in shipping and receiving, then after a year, transferred o the call center.
* I worked in a call center for Jewelry Television as a jewelry sales associate, selling jewelry, including diamonds, gemstones, gold and silver jewelry, watches, jewelry services, and repairs.
* I kept record of phone calls, transactions, handled customer complaints, refunded money and made credit card transactions by phone.
* I provided excellent customer service for purchases, repairs, and returns.
Pros
Getting to talk with people from all around the U.S.
Cons
Having to stay seated for long periods of time was a downfall.
Exciting place to work
Procurement Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 9, 2016
Great employees in management - big turn over in customer call center but good place with offers of advancement. Fair compensation and good benefits. Great discount on jewelry nice employee parties.
Okay for part time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 4, 2016
This job would be ideal for individuals that prefer to sit through an entire shift. Very hard to get a requested day off. Some of the team leads are very good to work under.
Pros
Work is repetitive and fairly easy to do.
Cons
Shorts breaks, and long periods of sitting.
good place to work
Returns & Tagging Agent and Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 18, 2015
good place to work. enjoyed the people the most, fun working with the product and learning more about it. good benefits and pay
Good company overall but management sucks
Various positions held (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 22, 2015
They're a good company to work for and they offer great benefits. Pay is a little low but they make up for it with free food and other stuff they do for employees. Advancement is a joke and it will never happen unless you're in the call center and even then it's still questionable. Mostly great people work there and it's a fun atmosphere but a lot of their management is horrible and doesn't like females in male type jobs. Once Gerry Sisk died things went downhill and now the owners and presidents are out to get over on customers and rip them off. They sell junk products and don't have great customer service like they used to a long time ago. And now they're trying to do reality TV stuff and it's a joke and it's not good for their name but they think it's a great idea. It was a super great company a long time ago but now it's just kinda OK. If you need an easy job that works with your school schedule then this is the place to go but just ask to work in the call center or their warehouse area. Everything else is horrible and it's like Hitler runs that place.
Pros
Holiday/fun celebrations, good discounts, many different schedules, nice people, good benefits, the gym
Cons
Management is horrible, owners and presidents rip customers off, micromanagement, sell junk products and lie to customers about it
Oppressive cult-like call center environment with little potential for advancement
Operator- Customer Care (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 14, 2015
My typical day consisted of sitting in one place in a noisy room for nine hours, processing orders. Working night shift, quite a few customers were heavily medicated (sometimes drunk) or delirious from lack of sleep.

I did learn quite a bit about payment processing and marketing which I applied to my own ecommerce site.

I worked with many people with diverse backgrounds including other nationalities, but there was little diversity in management. People tend to group together into high school-like cliques.

I was with the company for almost seven years and saw a huge culture change as the original founders became less and less involved over the years. Newer vice presidents became increasingly focused on profits, squeezing every penny they could out of customers and employees alike. One vice president even eliminated an entire department he deemed unnecessary, while hiring his own son for a paid internship which mostly consisted of him watching youtube videos all day. Poor communication between different levels of management often led to unclear or conflicting directives and many in management tended to play favorites.

The main reason I took the job in the first place was that I was told there were many opportunities to move into professional positions more in-line with my education within the company, but that everyone had to be hired through the call center. As time went by I was passed over multiple times for departments I was more than qualified for as the positions were filled from outside the company.

At one time I would have recommended this job for someone
  more... who needed a casual part-time job, but unless you are a dedicated power seller with a passion for sales this is no longer a company you would want to be a part of.  less
Pros
On-site fitness center
Cons
Rampant nepotism, Lack of advancement opportunities, Inconsistent leadership
Be ready to be treated like a number.
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 6, 2015
I truly question anyone who writes a positive review, unless that person has been paid by JTV to secretly do so. Communication is horrible, as even supervisors will agree. No extra pay for holidays, and the attendance policy is draconian. Administration does not listen to employees and creates rules and policies they would never abide by, but it's okay for the "regular" employees. They give you a popsicle for working July 4 and think they're being good to you instead of paying you holiday pay. I know employees who have worked there for 5 or more years but make maybe 25 cents more than when they started. Nepotism is huge, too. Don't torture yourself. STAY AWAY.
Pros
Decent discount on merchandise.
Cons
See below, managers and many supervisors get on power trips.
The best company I have ever worked for!
Customer Care Supervisor, Agent (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 26, 2015
Excellent Employer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is still employed with JTV and will continue. They treat all employees with kindness, dignity and respect. I have worked there for 12 years and couldn't be happier!
jtv
Customer Care Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 13, 2015
It is a fun job I answer the phone and place clients order. If you like rocks it is the place for you. The hardest part of the job prank callers and my boss is great.
at home position
Customer Assistance/Sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 4, 2015
enjoyed working at JTV very much. Great people and terrific opportunities great company to work for would recommend a position here
Pros
work at home positions
This job is an amazing place for a student.
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 5, 2015
I have been fairly happy at JTV, they really do stick by the fact that they will completely work with your school schedule and that is so hard to find in a work place.
Pros
easy job, works with schedule
Cons
not as much advancement opportunities as they say there is.
An okay part-time job even though I worked full-time
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 14, 2015
I worked at this place for over a year and they treat you like a number that doesn't need a pay increase even when you do well. They cannot keep people in this place because of so many problems and lack of good values towards the backbone of the company. Definitely replaceable attitude.
Pros
Discount on cheap jewelry
Cons
Broken system, poor management, mundane, no advancement
Laid back
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 30, 2015
Great place to work for beginners at customer service. Very laid back! It doesn't stay as busy but sometimes that's good thing, especially if you're a student and have to work on any of it.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Very unorganized
they know how to take care of their employees
Sales (Former Employee) –  knoxville tnMarch 2, 2015
from the flexible schedules to the events they know have to take care of their employees the atmosphere is very relaxed i think the hardest part of the job is the upsells

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jewelry Television. Our community is ready to answer.

Jewelry Television Reviews by Location