JBFCS, one of the nation's premier mental health and social service agencies, offers a diverse network of community-based programs, residential facilities and day-treatment centers. These programs serve more than 65,000 people of all religious, ethnic and economic backgrounds each year at sites throughout New York City and Westchester.
SENIOR CASE MANAGER
Full-time position available for a Senior Case Manager. Candidate is assigned to a Case Management Program that is designed to assist children and adolescents in crisis and to assist their families by providing short-term, intensive in home, crisis intervention, and case management services as an alternative to hospitalization.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conduct intake interviews/assessments.
- Create and implement Service Plan. Submit client notes and required paperwork in a timely manner. Such notes should also address any personality and family function which may impede a client.
- Attend all staff meetings, case conferences, and in-service training as required.
- Undertake assignments of a diverse nature, such as specialized caseloads, program development, or implementation, reaching and special administrative projects
- Provide clinically focused case management to clients. Identify and provide access to specific appropriate concrete services, when necessary or requested, and are in the best interest of the client.
- Collaborate with other groups, individuals, or organizations to best meet the needs and link client to services.
- Provide structure to the client, evaluate and assess usage of independent living skills, and provide guidance in these areas to the client.
- May run groups, under the supervision of the clinical supervisor.
- Will participate in intake, assessment, discharge, and follow-up treatment conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: Masters in any social work, nursing, education or related field with 2 years of social work/service related experience with children or a Bachelor’s degree + 4 years of experience, two of which must be with children. Car is mandatory.
When applying, please include cover note with salary requirements, and mention title (Sr Case Mgr) in the subject line.
JBFCS is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and encourage individuals from communities of color to apply. Due to the high volume of submissions we are unable to reply to every application, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please do not call.