Jewish Child and Family Services Employee Reviews

Great Work Enviroment
Child Care Liaison (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2017
Great company! Awesome staff and students. I enjoyed going to work everyday. unfortunately they closed all residential programs and I lost my job. My work day was fun and enjoyable. I loved working with the children and helping them. There was some tough spots, but management always stepped in professionally and supportive to help.
Pros
Work with great staff and client
Cons
Residential Programs Closed
Did amazing work with all ages of clients, very time consuming but highly rewarding
Assistant Director of Residential Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2017
Whatever it takes to save a child was our mantra and we trully embodied that. Long days, calls all through the day and night, but most rewarding job I've ever held with some of the greatest, hardest working co-workers imaginable. Management was very supportive, allowing you to make mistakes and learn from them without over penalizing. Was given great amount of autonomy, which allowed me to attain and strengthen skills that many agencies only reserve for their highest ranking leadership staff.
Cleaning Display Cases
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2017
I've been cleaning display cases for them from Freshman Yr until Junior Yr. It was an amazing experience, not only did it taught me responsibilities but I got a chance to get to know all of the teachers and students around the whole school.
Pros
Supervision, Ability to be myself
Cons
N/a
High stress environment with great reward.
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2016
Dealing with troubled youth everyday can be very stressful, but times arise when I was able to get students to change their view and adjust there attitude and in the end, they would go from fighting me to saying "thank you" and giving me a hug.
Pros
a lot of paid holidays, good benefits and livable wage.
Cons
high stress environment and physically taxing.
Professional educational support to children with emotional and behavioral disabilities.
Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2015
Typical day was to meet with administrative school staff (teacher's, teacher's aides, principal, social workers, to address crisis management of incidents throughout the day. Excellent coworkers who exhibited professional standards of practice for this population of students. Most enjoyable was to be part of the process in assisting students to reach their full potential.
Casual environment
Administrative Aide/Billing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2013
Working for a non profit agency has taught me the value of being able to reach out to a community and extend a helping hand.
Challenge of A Life Time But Worth Every Moment
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2012
Greatest company I ever worked for, the exceeded all my high standard of what a non profit is. I will forever be greatful for the experience.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
hours
Nice place to work.
Crisis Intervention Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2012
Nice place to work, but the pay is not enough for the work that is required,.
Pros
good health benefits, paid regular and jewish holidays.
Cons
pay is very low.