Jewish Community Center

Jewish Community Center Employer Reviews

Fun working with kids.
Junior Camp Counselor (Camp Shalom) (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 19, 2014
helping to watch kids while swimming or during any other camp activities.
NA
Facility Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 15, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Hardest part of the job trying to please all facets from management to members to directors.
Fun and enjoyable place to work every day is an adventure
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: interact with staff and the public
Cons: when the public sees that you just cleaned and delibertly makes a mess
Loved all who I worked and came in contact with, Learned different areas of management, able to work closely in harmony with my co-workers and or other staff personnel, the public can be a challenge, but challenges is what motivates me. Beside working closely with people and the public in being the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work – more... and give my all. – less
Relaxed and friendly environment
Aquatics Safety and Program Director (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSNovember 5, 2014
Great staff and facility. Must be very organized and personable for this position.
Effective routines, organized, easy going, enjoyable work atmosphere
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work includes assisting the teachers in every way possible, managing a classroom of 22 students (ages 3-4), completing daily routines efficiently, and putting the children's best interests first. I've learned how to be a leader, take initiative, teach discipline, understand others, and communicate with a variety of people.
Super fun and informational
Administrative Assistant/ Office Manager (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXOctober 15, 2014
I learned a lot working here that I did not know before, not only my knowledge about the Jewish culture increased but my knowledge about how to complete different tasks and using different programs as well.
Wonderful community
Membership Services Representative (Current Employee), Whitefish Bay, WIOctober 9, 2014
Coming to work is easy with the type of people employed at the JCC. The work environment requires interacting with people nearly the entire shift and this is easy to do in such a supportive, friendly work setting.
Summer Camp Before After/Care
Before & After Care Manager (Former Employee), Mount LebanonSeptember 29, 2014
Daily work was set-up and breakdown of primary meeting area, managing sign-in/out of children, activity planning, and delegation of tasks to counselors. I learned to manage large group of, direct and delegate large and small group tasks, and gained important experience working with children and their parents. Most enjoyed working with the kids, helping – more... them learn, come up with fun games, etc. – less
I worked in many positions and it was always a fun place to work.
Infant/Toddler Center Director (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHSeptember 25, 2014
I enjoyed that I worked in several departments with children of a wide age range. It was a please to work with the children, their families and the staff.
All for the kids to love coming to JCC
Aftercare Counselor (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: the kids
Cons: benefits
All in all we work on homework, art, music, outside activities such as dodge ball, tennis, etc. Learned so much with these kids, patience and how to relax but also be strong too. Co-workers were nice. The hardest was leaving because I needed a job with benefits such as insurance. The most enjoyable part of that job was the kids, they were like my own – more... children, my friends. I loved them. – less
What I've Learned
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: relationships
I have learned a lot working here. I've learned that communication is key and without it, working together just won't be as successful as you need it to be.
Productive Day In The Infant Room
Day Care Assistant (Former Employee), Uniontown, PASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed working with my supervisor.
Cons: very old building with many steps.
I was a care provider in the Infant Room. My ratio was 1 adult to 4 infants. Taking care of four infants keeps you busy non-stop.
It was amazing to see all the different personalities in the
infants and toddlers.
The management was very poor and did not have good communication with the staff.
I worked very well with the co-workers. We all helped each – more... other out when needed.
Having an infant get sick all over you, changing BM diapers, an infant suddenly gets diarrhea.
Caring for the infants and toddlers. I absolutely love children and that is what I liked best about my job. I always had happy and content babies in the daycare. – less
Great summer job
LPN (Current Employee), Morgantown, West VirginiaSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: free meals. good pay.
Cons: seasonal
Fun summer environment. A sleep away camp for children ranging from third grade to eleventh grade. Administering regularly ordered medications for these children. Assessing symptoms and creating treatment plans as needed.
A friendly environment
Fitness Trainer/ Family Service Staff (Current Employee), Scott Township, PASeptember 2, 2014
Fitness trained many age groups reach their fitness goals.
Would find prospective clients and discuss their fitness goals and let them know the prices for session packages. I would go through the whole sign up process with them and then send the fitness contracts to the financial department for submission. Part of my job as a fitness trainer was getting – more... community members interested in a fitness trainer. I have really enjoyed my experience at the Jewish Community Center. This is where I learned a lot of my customer service skills. – less
Good
Aquatics Instructor (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 31, 2014
Good, nice people but they require you to attend too many of their events
Members complain, management sucks up always.
manager (Former Employee), Miami BeachAugust 14, 2014
Pros: located on miami beach
Cons: low pay
I worked here and there is no room for advancement. It is very political. There, it is not about a person's skills, it is about WHO YOU KNOW. So, friends recommend friends, and there's no experience nor leadership. Those that have leadership abilities get overlooked. High turnover in staff.
Niece place good workplace
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Scotch Plains, NJJuly 8, 2014
Pros: a lot of holidays.
Cons: short breakes
I did enjoyed working there but the compensation was not enough
The Jewish Community Center is a nice place to work
bus driver (Current Employee), Akron, OHJuly 6, 2014
Pros: respectable place
Cons: no benefits
I really like the people I work with at the Jewish Community Center. I am only a part time employee here so I do not receive benefits. But they have really treated me well. The place has undergone a change in management this past 6 months and they might be outsourcing my job.
Fun place and multiple activities
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 25, 2014
Pros: access to all the center's facilities
Cons: n/ a
Helped plan develop and employ developmentally appropriate curriculum for children in Pre-Kindergarten classroom for up to 24 students. Supported education, behavioral, social- emotional and physical needs of students. Provided safe, appropriate, and stimulating environment for students. Worked with other teachers to develop new classroom strategies. – more... Communicated with parents daily and encouraged involvement in the classroom. had the chance to learn some phrases in Hebrew – less
Perfect for a college student
Personal Trainer/Fitness instructor/Receptionist (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 12, 2014
Pros: excellent office manager, flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits, no advancement
A typical day has data entry, new records, and staff interaction.
Very inorganized which leaves lots of blame to be placed on anyone, constructive criticism is scarce. Friendly Office Manager is a plus, and great for scheduling.

1 2 3 4 5

About Jewish Community Center

JCC Association is the leadership network of, and central agency for the Jewish Community Center Movement, which is comprised – Read more