Jewish Community Center Employee Reviews in United States

Worked there many years ago, but did really like the work envirorment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 6, 2015
Did cleaning bathroom and showers. Set up table for banquets. Learned how to arrange table for many different types of functions. Got along very well with co workers. Hardest part was stripping floors and showers.Most fun was communicating with people.
Pros
Co
Productive and fun working with children
Assistant Counselor for Summer Fun Day Camp (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 31, 2015
It was a place where students can have fun and learn at the same time. Children love summer camp and they were all such wonderful children to work with.
Great Place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2015
Best part time job to have. Co-workers are wonderful and always helpful. The members range in ages and backgrounds, and were respectful of your job.
Pros
Layed back enviorment
Cons
Lots to do at the end of the night.
Great Facility
Athletic Coach (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2015
Working as a coach there was really productive. The gym is full during the season and they organize it well enough to have at least 4 teams practicing on the two courts. The hardest part of the job really was just trying to fit everything into the hour of practice because its always so much information yo want the kids to leave with. But its a great experience to be able to bring the kids together and get them to bond and become a family through sports.
Pros
Good opportunity to work (coach, score clock & book, or even referee)
Cons
Seasonal.
adfsdf
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2015
I am writing to share some transition news. I have recently accepted a new role in New Orleans, and will be making a move to the South this weekend. I will be taking on the role of Campus Director for Relay Graduate School of Education, New Orleans.

I am excited for the transition and new opportunity. I am intent on making my professional mark in HBCU leadership. This role, along with my dissertation, puts me on track to play a major role in the survive-ability and turnaround of ,many of our failing HBCUs. When done rig
Pros
qedqw
Cons
qweqwe
Jcc
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 3, 2015
I first heard of the Jewish Community Center when I was in third grade because a teacher or a counselor recommended I attend. After much consideration I started going there for its lovely after school program as well as summer camps and a weekend program in which they would teach me how to dance and the Russian. When I was in high school I thought that i should give back to the city by being a volunteer since this place really mad me feel amazing. My typical duties includes collecting ticket stubs for the various events that they have there as well as setting up tables for other events. The most fun part of this job is giving back to the community
Fun place to work
fitness instructor at 24 hour fitness (Current Employee) –  Omaha NEAugust 17, 2015
Great place to work-the management were fair and wonderful to work for. They are organized and a team--they try to cover each others shifts.
Pros
respect, fun job
Wonderful, enriching environment
Lead Toddler/Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 9, 2015
Entering the Jewish Community Center, you were always welcomed with a friendly greeting and a smile. The staff from both the Community Center and the child care center worked and communicated wonderfully, and made for a very pleasant environment. Incorporation of the Jewish religion and customs into the daily routine was done with refinement and enlightenment. There was such a warm sense of family and belonging, even though I was not Jewish. A wonderful place to work and great child care!
Pros
Friendly staff, diverse enrollment, discounted employee child care
fun energetic
B3SportsPerformance Owner (Current Employee) –  Houston TxMay 13, 2015
I wake up every mornig thinking of different days to pesitively impact another persons life. This honsetlyand truly brings me joy. If I can help one change the way one goes through their day in a positve light: they will be abe to pass the same energy to others
Greeting clients
Front Desk Greeter (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, MIMay 4, 2015
I gained experience greeting people who walked into our building. I learned to show people how wonderful of a place we were in. Working for a non-profit was very rewarding. I love being able to help people.
Pros
Meeting lots of wonderful people
Cons
Low pay
It is a loving, caring community.
Pre-school Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 18, 2015
Everyday was a busy day. I worked hard and kept my routine work very organized. So my co-workers thought I was very helpful and enjoyed working with me. At the same time I had learned a lot from their strengths in their way of managing the classroom. My boss was very amicable and supportive.
Pros
it was a fun and educational environment, with a lot of love.
Cons
not too much room for personal growth.
great hours, good benefits, good environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  De Witt, NYApril 16, 2015
steady paced job, good people to work with, great management and center really cares about the good of the community. Lots of great programs offered for all walks of life.
Pros
great work/life balance, great health benefits
Cons
no retirement
Great environment with even greater people.
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  York, PAMarch 18, 2015
Typically i would work the open shift at 4:45, where I would open the doors to the pool and guard until the early morning. Members always came in with smiling faces and a positive attitude. The staff the night before would complete tasks to make opening each morning a delight rather than a chore.
Productive, welcoming, and fun day at the J
Teacher Assistant and Counselor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2014
Walking in past welcoming co-workers and manager that are at front desk. Everyday I learn something new about each child. Management has always been great along with my fellow co-workers who also work in classrooms as I do. The most enjoyable part of my day would have to be coming into work to my class. Each child brings joy to my day for different reasoning.
Lots of drama
Early Childhood Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2015
The children are amazing and I would certainly allow my future kids to attend their preschool, however not until they are 3 or older. There is a lot of drama, but it is to be expected in a hallway of 22 women. The directors tell the employees to come to them if they have any problems and then they tell you to deal with it yourself and not to talk about it to anyone, which is understandable but if they do not listen then nothing gets solved. The hardest part of the job is feeling like you do not want to let the children or their parents down so leaving when you are in a toxic environment is out of the question. The co workers are great despite the drama in almost every room, luckily it has not effected the children. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping children succeed and preparing them to join the wonderful world of learning.
Pros
interacting with and helping children succeed
Cons
a very drama filled job environment with no help
Fun and enjoyable place to work every day is an adventure
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 10, 2014
Loved all who I worked and came in contact with, Learned different areas of management, able to work closely in harmony with my co-workers and or other staff personnel, the public can be a challenge, but challenges is what motivates me. Beside working closely with people and the public in being the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work and give my all.
Pros
interact with staff and the public
Cons
when the public sees that you just cleaned and delibertly makes a mess
Productive and Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant to the VP (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is to know that I performed my job in a proficient and diligent manner.

I enjoyed the people knowing that I was helping solving some situations and making sure that their needs were being met.

I was let go for restructuring purposes.
fitness fun, and pool
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 4, 2015
At 6AM at the jcc there are 2fls and the basement. when I get in , the first place i start setting up is the basement rooms, the art room and media room for the clld members to draw or play games in. second floors are bathrooms men and ladies,I recheck all the area to make sure all is clean and good.along with the kid room, gym, and music rooms. first floor three baths, one handycap. social hall is a room for party,shows for the kids and other events that hold 250 to 300 people.and the children in early child hood and first foot forward two floors and cafe. after 9am, its a crew of three and we rock. we work hard at making sure all our areas are up the part clean and smelling good. we work together to get the job done fast. and with a smile.sometimes. the members are happy to come into a good build. and the best part is .it gets better with change.the hard part is, some days all we can do is smile when nothing going right.but I learn to suppost my crew persons ,we help each other when one of us can not carry on.in that day. Its challenging and the projects get difficult to handle, And thats why we have management to back us up,our back bone And at the end of the day when we see that all is clean reset and the members or clld members are going home, the next crew is coming in , that is the joy full part of my day.. thank you
Pros
free hugs
Cons
get to laugh on that short break
Rewarding Job
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 16, 2015
Serves developmentally Disabled Adults from the groups CHUG and Chaverim by engaging them in activities, games, songs, feeding them, accompanying them on field trips, teach them about both Jewish holidays and other people’s religions and their cultures, teach them simple historical facts, etc.
Family friendly environment
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 18, 2015
My boss is one of the most hardworking and compassionate man I have met. My coworkers and I work as a team to get through the day and we get along with very well with the members of this company.

4.3