Jewish Community Center Employee Reviews

Home like
Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Small time job, easy, fun, working with kids. More of a free lance type job. You have a lot of freedom with what you wanna do that day with working with kids.
Fun/Kid friendly work environment
Head Counselor (Former Employee) –  Margate City, NJJanuary 6, 2017
Oversaw safety and managed daily schedule for middle school-aged and elementary school-aged youths. Promoted physical, mental and social development of children by implementing games and outdoor
recreational activities. Promoted the satisfaction of camper's varying needs and interests.
Pros
Fun activities to participate in
Cons
Force employees to do activities otherwise not interested in
Lacking in a community culture
Preschool Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 4, 2017
As a preschool inside of a community center it would be expected to have a great culture, unfortunately it does not extend to our preschool community. It's hard to feel connected when the administration doesn't work to bridge the gap between everyone and themselves. The kids are great, and the idea of reggio-emilia is promising, and is in fact why I began teaching here. However, the administration has a hard time implementing it and we don't have the appropriate materials for it to be successful. There is also no job advancement as the school is not that large, I know that there won't be a way for me to grow here, and there is no coaching for teachers, or review/feedback. I believe that the school is full of a lot of well-intentioned people who are still learning how to do what they want to do.
Pros
classroom freedom, the building, co-workers
Cons
administration, little school breaks, not enough materials
The place to be if you want to be free
Sports Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at the JCC was filled with excitement and youthfulness throughout the summer. My co-workers were helpful and willing to go out their way to help others. I've learned that it's vital to make sure all campers are comfortable and feel safe while at the JCC.
Pros
Unlimited food
Cons
Hours worked
Easy company to move through and work multiple jobs
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 14, 2016
I worked as a lifeguard, front deck representative, swim team coach and swim instructor. This company is very fluid in allowing it's employees to take on new responsibility. Management was easy to communicate with and I was given large amounts of responsibility while employed.
job
Babysitter/Nanny (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 10, 2016
I truly enjoyed working here. The management was great and the atmosphere was good to work in. The co workers were easy to get along with and would recommend working here if you like children.
It was okay
Recreational Childcare Aide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 21, 2016
It was a nice place to work. I enjoyed it while I was there. The management staff could've been more orgnized but other than that I was happy to be there.
Entry level opportunity/stepping stone position
Health & Wellness Director (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 6, 2016
Facility was slightly antiquated but well maintained and kept as updated as possible given budget constraints. Senior management that was in place at the time had the best intentions but were more often than not handcuffed by the board members in the decision making process. Being a non-profit, much of the operating budget was generated through annual campaigns and member donations, giving the donors an entitled attitude in voicing their opinions on the daily operations and direction of programs.
Pros
Great work environment, member interaction/relationships
Cons
Donor/board member involvement in daily operation decisions, non-profit status = depressed salaries, have to work almost all holidays
Jcc
Daycare Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2016
Great place to work. Staff were great and payment was appropriate for the time. Working with the children was the best part of it. Enjoyed every moment.
Relaxed and friendly enviornment
Fitness Center Attendant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 17, 2016
My job position was the Fitness Center Attendant. My job duties included; assisting members, cleaning and organizing weight equipment and machines, answering phone calls, assisting the Athletic Director which consisted of typing and uploading camp files for each child for summer camp, maintaining the towels and vacuuming the floor before closing.

CPR certification was a requirement,

It was an enjoyable, Customer interaction was a benefit as it increased my customer service appreciation.

Want to know more about Jewish Community Center?

Ask a question
I enjoyed working at the JCC and serving that community
Executive Assistant to Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 10, 2016
My tasks as the assistant to the Executive Director were varied, diverse, and exciting. Most of the time I was assisting with solving problems that occurred throughout the building. Each day was different and each day demanded personal skills, diplomacy, intelligence (with wisdom!) and humor. I enjoyed every day and was deeply satisfied with the tasks.
Pros
Varied demands, and skills needed
Cons
The leadership changed and my job ended
fun work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2016
Friendly people and fun job. only worked there part time. pay not great but had free gym bennies. would consider full time job if position was open in the 40-50k range.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
poor pay and no advancement
played with the kids, ran around and stayed active, was a nice environment
Teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 29, 2016
The others I worked with were mostly experienced. Everyone was nice. The communication between what the bosses said passed down to the teachers slowly or not at all. When I needed help I could also ask another worker.
Pros
Got to spend spend with little cuties
Cons
the work hours
Great place to work, amazing co-workers and managers
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2016
Great place to work if you love working with children. Best part of my job, watching the children learn new things everyday and grow up in front of your eyes. Hardest part about my job, when all of the children in your classroom have a meltdown at the same time, having the teachers to help out with that is great.
Counselor
Fitness/ Recreations Internship (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 20, 2016
You either like working with kids or you don't. Staff is very friendly. The camp has lots of kids not only Jewish kids.
Pros
Great Activities for kids
Cons
JCC a very cultural event, every day was something different.
Union Mechanic (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIJune 14, 2016
The JCC was a chapter in my work experience that was very fulfilling for me. Worked nights, building operations.worked well with different forms of management,
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
N/A
Friendly and fun
Book Keeper (Former Employee) –  NJJune 7, 2016
Friendly and Fun to working here.
Very friendly co-worker
Most enjoyable is interacted with people everyday
learn a lot from this job
The JCC is a beautiful place to work
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2016
It was exciting to work for the JCC with all different age groups from young children day camps, youth programs, single events and senior citizen activities. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see the community build relationship and laugh together.
loved the culutre
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2016
With it being a Jewish school, I wasn't sure if I would fit in or be able to learn the culture well enough to teach it. But my co-workers welcomed me with open arms, some of them were Jewish some were not but they still were happy to help me in anyway. I learned so much about the culture and language. It was an exciting place to work!
Bilingual Hebrew/English Pre-Kindergarten teacher
English/Hebrew Bilingual Teacher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2016
Planning and implementing developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
Effective classroom management.
Teaching a second language to students.
Pros
Great staff and supportive parents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jewish Community Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2