Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Great place to work for.
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Main Responsibility to review clients charts.
I have learned a lot about the Department of Mental Health world.
Hardest part of job, I'm the only QA person for the department at Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles.
Great clinical environment
Clinician II (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 12, 2016
The work environment is very supportive and the client base is great for gaining clinical experience with diverse diagnoses
Meeting all family needs provide and facilitate groups as needed
Residential Counslor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2015
I enjoy my job it's an overall experience and a life time commitment to contributing to the women and children in crises.
Pros
Meet new people learn something new everyday
Cons
Overnight shifts (16 hours)
Gained valuable experience
Intern to Director of Strategic Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2015
Interned during my last year of grad school for health administration and gained hands-on experience that has helped in my career. My supervisor and everyone there went out of their way to make sure I benefitted from my internship. Plus, I believed in and felt good about what I was doing.
Pros
Relaxed and giving culture of people who believe in helping others
Cons
In downtown LA, but with free parking
really good place to work and learn alot
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2014
processing payroll for 250 people. balancing benefit deductions and labor distribution to their grants.
Focus on the numbers
Care Transitions Coach / Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 12, 2014
Recently worked at JFS as a Care Transition Coach. New program, only focused on the numbers, high pressure , sales like environment. Low pay and management is a joke. Training is non-exisistebt, would not recommend to my worst enemy,
Pros
Some coworkers are great.
Cons
Read Review.
Agency does great work for the community
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2013
Not a place for growth, but if that doesn't matter to you, and you need to fulfill your ego, this is the place.
Social Service Organization a productive staff and wonderful volunteers.
Site Manager/Senior Clerk-Part Time (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90036June 24, 2012
As a Site Manager for the Senior Nutrition Program I loved working and serving the seniors. I learned to organize site activities with the volunteers.I did HACCP paper work with daily reports. Performed outreach activities with co-worker and staff. I was also a Senior Clerk for Senior Nutrition Program and Transportation Department responsible for general office tasks such as answering phones, making phone calls, preparing correspondence, filing, preparing materials for meetings and coordinating volunteers and drivers. What I most enjoyed about this organization was the people very multicultural and professional it was like a home away from home.
Fantastic place to work. Great "family" feel.
Independant Living Skills Instructure (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CitywideFebruary 1, 2012
My experience with JFSLA was nothing short of life changing. I felt part of something bigger; something solid and set up to help people that need help. I was certain that this company would support me in all future endeavors. I continue to volunteer with them.
Pros
union position; benefits, hours, work environment
Cons
low wage for position