Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Focus on the numbers
Care Transitions Coach / Social Worker (Former Employee), Los AngelesAugust 12, 2014
Pros: some coworkers are great.
Cons: read review.
Recently worked at JFS as a Care Transition Coach. New program, only focused on the numbers, high pressure , sales like environment. Low pay and management is a joke. Training is non-exisistebt, would not recommend to my worst enemy,
Agency does great work for the community
Administrative Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2013
Not a place for growth, but if that doesn't matter to you, and you need to fulfill your ego, this is the place.
Social Service Organization a productive staff and wonderful volunteers.
Site Manager/Senior Clerk-Part Time (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CA 90036June 24, 2012
As a Site Manager for the Senior Nutrition Program I loved working and serving the seniors. I learned to organize site activities with the volunteers.I did HACCP paper work with daily reports. Performed outreach activities with co-worker and staff. I was also a Senior Clerk for Senior Nutrition Program and Transportation Department responsible for general office tasks such as answering phones, making phone calls, preparing correspondence, filing, preparing materials for meetings and coordinating volunteers and drivers. What I most enjoyed about this organization was the people very multicultural and professional it was like a home away from home.
Fantastic place to work. Great "family" feel.
Independant Living Skills Instructure (Former Employee), Los Angeles CitywideFebruary 1, 2012
Pros: union position; benefits, hours, work environment
Cons: low wage for position
My experience with JFSLA was nothing short of life changing. I felt part of something bigger; something solid and set up to help people that need help. I was certain that this company would support me in all future endeavors. I continue to volunteer with them.