Position Type: Full-time, exempt
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Standardized Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
Jewish Family Service of San Diego (JFS), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and a recognized leader in social services in San Diego County, takes great pride in its ability to create and deliver viable, and cost-effective programming that makes an impact. We strive to be comprehensive – enabling those who seek our help to create a plan leading to a better tomorrow and ultimately self-sufficiency.
We are seeking a visionary and innovative Director to lead our Clinical and Family Services department. This department includes programs focused on children and families and the Jewish community (Counseling, Project SARAH (domestic violence), Adoption, Teen Leadership, Pachie’s Place, Jewish Healing Center, Supporting Jewish Single Parents, Jewish BIGPals, and North Coastal Jewish Connections).
Under the direction of the Divisional Director and in accordance with agency policy, the Director of Clinical and Family Services implements and manages administrative and programmatic plans and strategies to ensure optimum results for clients and the community.
The position is responsible for personnel management, program creation and management, financial management, and timely preparation of grants and reports to a diverse group of stakeholders, including the County of San Diego, foundations, and private donors.
The ideal candidate will have or be:
- Master’s degree from an accredited Master’s level training program in Social Work, Business Administration or Public Administration
- Current licensure (LCSW) from the State of California (if applicable)
- Minimum of five years of experience in a supervisory role
- A history of managing large human service programs
- Evidence of entrepreneurial ability, including developing and marketing new programs
- Excellent leadership ability
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong operational skills
- Oversight of budgets and contracts
- Awareness and understanding of Jewish customs and practices
To be considered, please submit your cover letter (including salary requirement) and resume. Please, principals only. Please, no follow-up phone calls or emails.
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service is a comprehensive human service organization serving the entire San Diego community and Coachella Valley. The agency serves over 35,000 people annually and offers programs and services in the following areas: Adoption; Case Management; Counseling; Crisis Services; Family Violence Prevention and Support; Jewish Connections; Refugee Resettlement; Older Adult/Senior Services; Parenting, Youth & School-based Services; and Training/Education. Discover why Jewish Family Service is One Source for a Lifetime of Help at www.jfssd.org.