The Jewish Family Service Bigs & Littles program promotes the development of youth in the Jewish and general community through quality mentoring relationships. The program helps children reach their potential by providing them with caring, adult role models who guide them in making positive choices about their future. This program has been serving the children and families of Cincinnati for more than 100 years.
Jewish Family Service is seeking a Full Time Match Support Specailist. The primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide match support to mentors and mentees
- Provide intake services for mentors and mentees
- Provide case management services as needed for mentees and their parents/guardians
- Administer and report on program evaluations and outcomes
- Assist in training of mentors
- Work with Bigs and Littles team to plan, implement and facilitate programs, events and services.
- Participate in the implementation of Family Life Education programs in alignment with JFS agency standards
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Education or equivalent
- Experience in case management and/or direct service with families and children
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate successfully with clients, volunteers, staff members and community professionals across the social service spectrum
- Effective at working independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Position requires physical movement in walking, standing, and sitting
- Position requires the use of a car to travel to department events and home visits
- Position requires some evening and Sunday afternoon attendance at programs and trainings (approximately 3 times per month: 1 or 2 evenings and 1 Sunday afternoon). Contact with mentors and clients sometimes occurs at their convenience (i.e. non-business day or evening times)
- This position is subject to passing a background check.
Indeed - 14 months ago