Jewish Family Service

Jewish Family Service Employer Reviews

Professional Social Service Community Agency
Student Intern in the Clinical Services Department (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 11, 2014
Wonderful work environment with many dedicated, long-term employees.
Like working with entertainers, and making them comfortable while they wait for appointment with staff.
24 hr.Caregiver (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: being able to secure the parties and making sure no one is there who doesn't belong.
Cons: never knew when i get a break.
Checking in clients, answering phone, receiving mail, and passing out checks at my desk.
There were no hard times at work. One of the enjoyable things was getting the latest music free and meeting the latest and old clients. I love entertainers. They have their own flare and are exciting people.
helping others is the only great trait from this job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHMarch 15, 2014
Pros: helping someone
Cons: no support
only to helping the individuals would do your heart in. the management you can not trust everyone out for their selves, no body cares .
Excellent
Clinical Social Work Intern (Former Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIFebruary 5, 2014
efficient talented group of therapists from whom I learned a lot
Co-workers were great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: very close to home
Cons: not a cohesive work environment
A typical day would be to check messages and process all gifts and acknowledge receipt of them to the donor. I would often prepare spreadsheets for the Financial Manager. A various time during the day I relieved the receptionist for lunch and breaks.

The most difficult part of my job was dealing with the unrest amongst some of the office personnel – more... as we transitioned with a new Director.

I worked with a few individuals that were delightful and dedicated. – less
Very good people to work for
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee), Virginia Beach VaDecember 2, 2013
They really provide a great quality of service, my typical day was greeting clients answering telephones and directing clients to the correct departments. Management was very good in offering training and also providing it. The Co-workers all seem to enjoy their jobs. The hardest part of my job was learning the different departments and names of people. – more... The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to direct people to the service that could most help them, – less
A great, friendly, compassionate place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), West Nyack, NYJuly 28, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers, trusting administrators.
I worked as an administrative assistant at RJFS. I noticed first hand the compassion and respect that each client is treated with by a competent staff.

My job was quite simple, though it was part time. I helped the organization catch up on its finances, which was rewarding as it helped a non-profit stay afloat.
Excellent clinical program
Intern (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJJune 19, 2013
Pros: lots of different programs
Cons: its a non profit with not so much space to grow financially
Wide range of cases come through their doors! great staff, who work really well together.
Welcoming and encouraging environment
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 12, 2013
Wonderful co-workers, flexibility, professional development opportunities and passion for servicing clients and community.
Productive workplace and very friendly atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 28, 2013
Co-workers were great and the center is just full of positive energy! It was such a pleasure to come in everyday. Jewish Family Services is a workplace I would recommend wholeheartedly and without reserve!
Enjoyable relationships.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 10, 2013
Pros: paid for gas when traveling.
At JFS, I work as a CNA. My day is usually begun at the patients house where I do what they ask me to. My job description includes personal care of the patient including meals and hygiene. I am also allowed to take the patient out of the house should they ask so I typically spend much of my day shopping with my patients or taking them to get errands – more... done. The office staff is extremely nice and supportive. They are eager to work with you if you have any difficulties when getting to work or with the family of the patient. They encourage continuing your education. – less
Excellent volunteer work environment
Administrative Assistant/ Volunteer (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 17, 2012
Pros: comfortable environment
Praise continually received for the help I offered to the Office Administrator of the On the Go/Rides and Smiles program. The program helps senior citizens with rides to physician appointments and excursions.
Great place to work they do an amazing job providing a service to the community.
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Palm Springs CANovember 15, 2012
Typical day was serving the homeless first in a shelter situation and then through placing them in Transitional Housing. Expanded my skill set.
helpful non-profit organization
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Plantation, FLAugust 9, 2012
Pros: friendly and helpful co-workers
exciting and fast pace environment. management was helpful. most enjoyable part of the job was helping the less fortunate
Oldest non-profit in Seattle
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 31, 2012
Pros: serving my clients
Cons: personell drama
Within Jewish Family Services are several divisions supporting diverse populations of people. I worked specifically with the Family Caregiver Support Program and HomeCare Division.
Productive place with great people
Case Manager (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJFebruary 3, 2012
A wonderful work environment with great people. Need to be able to work independently.