Jewish Family Service Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly work place
Senior Accountant, (Former Employee) –  LOS ANGELES, CAOctober 22, 2015
Flexible hours, even thought it was part time but they offered insurance . Manager was great to work with. Lots of bounce
Small, private social services non-profit
Development and Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2015
Provides affordable mental health care, care management for seniors, emergency assistance, and advocacy to people of all backgrounds
Short term stay
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 18, 2015
This was a short term assignment. The person I filled in was on maternity leave. They kept me on and moved me to deaconess medical center. I could have stayed there for as long as I wanted but there was no opportunities for growth.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Lack of opportunity
Great people doing great things
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 7, 2015
Jewish Family Service of Cincinnati is a wonderful place to work. The type of work that they do on a daily bases is very gratifying. The work place is always fun with very knowledgable staff members always willing to help you be the best you can be.
non for profit company which special emphasis on the community
Therapeutic Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 20, 2015
Very busy agency which focused on foster care, adoptions, mental health and a food bank for the community, Overall our team was very proffessional, There were crisis and challenges to be expected with the level of care that was needed for our foster families and the children in care. The hardest part of the agency was knowing the tragic backgrounds on these children that are in the foster care system and trying to place them in homes that would be able to care for them. The rewarding part was a match the resulted in an adoption.
Pros
flexibility in your schedule
Cons
job load, and healthcare coverage
Non Profit Mental Health Counseling
BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2015
We had a stellar staff, extremely supportive, productive team and excellent client relations. Jewish Family Service dissolved its 501(3)c status 12/15/2014 due to financial longevity concerns.
Pros
professional staff
Cons
board support
This was most purposeful work done by a successful non profit serving a low income clientele.
Director of Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 16, 2014
I did really well with this agency for 6 ½ years with a supportive Executive Director. After his retirement he was replaced with a woman who was a Development Director rather than someone with a social service background. It is I found that some of the heart had gone out of the organization.
Pros
assisting people to better lives
Cons
finding numbers and reports becoming more important than working with people
Professional Social Service Community Agency
Student Intern in the Clinical Services Department (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 11, 2014
Wonderful work environment with many dedicated, long-term employees.
Like working with entertainers, and making them comfortable while they wait for appointment with staff.
24 hr.Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2014
Checking in clients, answering phone, receiving mail, and passing out checks at my desk.
There were no hard times at work. One of the enjoyable things was getting the latest music free and meeting the latest and old clients. I love entertainers. They have their own flare and are exciting people.
Pros
being able to secure the parties and making sure no one is there who doesn't belong.
Cons
never knew when i get a break.
helping others is the only great trait from this job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMarch 15, 2014
only to helping the individuals would do your heart in. the management you can not trust everyone out for their selves, no body cares .
Pros
helping someone
Cons
no support
Excellent
Clinical Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIFebruary 5, 2014
efficient talented group of therapists from whom I learned a lot
Co-workers were great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day would be to check messages and process all gifts and acknowledge receipt of them to the donor. I would often prepare spreadsheets for the Financial Manager. A various time during the day I relieved the receptionist for lunch and breaks.

The most difficult part of my job was dealing with the unrest amongst some of the office personnel as we transitioned with a new Director.

I worked with a few individuals that were delightful and dedicated.
Pros
very close to home
Cons
not a cohesive work environment
Very good people to work for
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach VaDecember 2, 2013
They really provide a great quality of service, my typical day was greeting clients answering telephones and directing clients to the correct departments. Management was very good in offering training and also providing it. The Co-workers all seem to enjoy their jobs. The hardest part of my job was learning the different departments and names of people. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to direct people to the service that could most help them,
A great, friendly, compassionate place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJuly 28, 2013
I worked as an administrative assistant at RJFS. I noticed first hand the compassion and respect that each client is treated with by a competent staff.

My job was quite simple, though it was part time. I helped the organization catch up on its finances, which was rewarding as it helped a non-profit stay afloat.
Pros
friendly co-workers, trusting administrators.
Excellent clinical program
Intern (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 19, 2013
Wide range of cases come through their doors! great staff, who work really well together.
Pros
lots of different programs
Cons
its a non profit with not so much space to grow financially
Welcoming and encouraging environment
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 12, 2013
Wonderful co-workers, flexibility, professional development opportunities and passion for servicing clients and community.
Productive workplace and very friendly atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 28, 2013
Co-workers were great and the center is just full of positive energy! It was such a pleasure to come in everyday. Jewish Family Services is a workplace I would recommend wholeheartedly and without reserve!
Enjoyable relationships.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 10, 2013
At JFS, I work as a CNA. My day is usually begun at the patients house where I do what they ask me to. My job description includes personal care of the patient including meals and hygiene. I am also allowed to take the patient out of the house should they ask so I typically spend much of my day shopping with my patients or taking them to get errands done. The office staff is extremely nice and supportive. They are eager to work with you if you have any difficulties when getting to work or with the family of the patient. They encourage continuing your education.
Pros
paid for gas when traveling.
Excellent volunteer work environment
Administrative Assistant/ Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 17, 2012
Praise continually received for the help I offered to the Office Administrator of the On the Go/Rides and Smiles program. The program helps senior citizens with rides to physician appointments and excursions.
Pros
comfortable environment
Great place to work they do an amazing job providing a service to the community.
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs CANovember 15, 2012
Typical day was serving the homeless first in a shelter situation and then through placing them in Transitional Housing. Expanded my skill set.

4.5