Open Arms Adoption is looking for an Adoption Coordinator who will be responsible for both direct client service and administrative management duties and serves as an integral member of team. This position will be based in our Florham Park office in Northern New Jersey. The person in this position an expect to travel, at times, to NYC and central New Jersey when working with adoptive parents or birth mothers in those locations. The ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends from time to time, and to have ready access to a vehicle is a must.
· Provides information to prospective clients about services available through the Open Arms Adoption Network.
· Counsels prospective adoptive parents.
· Counsels potential birth families and provides case management services. Offers a non-biased counseling environment for clients’ decision making process around options counseling
· Researches resource options for birthparents needing assistance
· Participates in outreach and marketing efforts to expand visibility of Open Arms
· Performs adoption homestudies and post placement supervision and case management to adoptive families.
· Utilizes online system for case notes and record retention
· Shares in the facilitation of adoption information meetings and workshops
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field with at least three years child welfare/adoption experience required
· Good working knowledge of state regulations regarding homestudies, post placement supervision, and general adoption regulations for New Jersey and New York.
· Counseling skills with sensitivity toward the issues in relation to all the member of the adoption triad.
· Knowledge of community resources, child development, and parenting issues.
· The ability to coordinate, oversee, and independently manage the paperwork process of an adoption process.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to use most facets of Microsoft Office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer by Choice.