Jewish Family and Children's Services

Jewish Family and Children's Services Employer Reviews

Challenging work with an under served population
Support Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 3, 2014
Pros: being able to meet clients in the natural environments
Cons: driving long distances
A typical day at work was meeting with clients outside of the office, either at their day programs or at the homes. The families were always willing to talk about the achievements of the client, and having the ability to witness some of those achievements was encouraging. I learnt that people with special needs have the same desires, goals, and ambitions – more... as everyone else, and detest being treated "differently." The management was encouraging, and supportive with any decisions made by the case manager, and promoted 'thinking outside the box." My co-workers were from different ethnic, and social backgrounds, and we all learnt from each other's strengths, and weaknesses. It was great to meet in the offices of co-workers to discuss an challenge, and get different view points. The hardest part of the job was the inability to "help" everyone, but the most enjoyable part was the sense of having mad a difference in the life of a client with encouragement, and kindness. – less
great
Project First Step Social Worker Intern (Former Employee), Asbury Park, NJMay 29, 2014
helps people regardless of religion. great for those uninsured with a need for therapy.
Residential Administrative Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 16, 2014
The work environment is respectful and professional, is very pleasant to work in this facility. s a great team to work with.
You can be there one day and gone the next.
Executive Assistant to the Controller (Former Employee), Hawthorne, NYApril 29, 2014
Pros: great salary and benefits.
Cons: upper management - they will let you go just because they don't like you.
Really liked my job at JBFCS. Unfortunately, I did not play their "game". Was fired after working there 5 years for bogus reasons. The real reason I was fired was because I was vocal about the violence that took place on the campus where I worked.
professional setting
Residential Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 3, 2014
Pros: positive people
Cons: negaive people
Some days you have a good day,and sometimes you have not so good days, but overall you manage to get through your day at the end of the day with a positive attitude.
Intake Clerk (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYMarch 30, 2014
Cons: low salary
Great Work Environment
Perfect Place to start off
Good Benefits
Productive place
Board Relations Intern (Current Employee), 6th FloorFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: excellent environment for learning
I work directly with the Board Relations Manager in an attempt to both diversify the Board of Directors and to update the Board Member orientation package. I have learned the ins/outs of Board relations and how to recruit prospective members.
Producttive
Medical Billing, Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 25, 2014
Amazing co-workers
I have learned many things about the field and at the moment I am looking for growth
Chaotic Work Environment
HR Compliance Manager (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunches
Cons: too many to describe
Nothing you do is ever good enough for this employer. The more you produce, the more they expect from you. They seem to thrive on chaos as they are slow to make decisions and reluctant to put procedures in place.
Great experience in the mental health field
TEMP WORK (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, access to many client cases, access to connected gym
Cons: no pay, unattentive supervision
This place provides a great service to the community. It was nice to be apart of JFCS' efforts as a volunteer. JFCS is a good place to get MFT/MSW hours for clinical training as there are many clients cycling through this place constantly. It is a bummer not getting paid to work, and that seems to be just how it works out at most training sites.
Productive place
Academic Year Intern, Youth Department (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 26, 2013
Pros: working with peers my age
Cons: everyone was secritive
Its a productive organization. They make you feel like home and they teach you good skills you will need later on in life.
excellent company
Case Manager/Family Educator (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLOctober 21, 2013
I am having a wonderful learning experience, but would like to work in Pinellas County FL. I work as a case manager and family educator.
great place to work
Financial Social Worker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 20, 2013
Pros: great working evironment
Cons: health care is to expensive
They are good place to work. Treat employee well and great management stable company
Job security???
Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2013
I was hired and then laid off three months later due to the department closing. I'm not sure why I was hired when they clearly didn't have the funding.
Nice place to work
Social Worker (Former Employee), philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: no real chance for advancement
Organization that believes in helping others. Management is easy going and understanding.
great and caring place to work
Office Manager/Administrative Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 24, 2013
The staff is wonderful and caring as well as management. They are really there to help anyone in need.
A Social Service Center where all had a healthy work ethic
Child and Family Therapist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2013
Pros: professional development
Cons: long hours
I learned so much as a new counselor working at Jewish Family and Children's Service. The Professional Development opportunities were outstanding.
Good Place for First Position
Staff Accountant-Cash Management Unit (Current Employee), Hawthorne, NYNovember 20, 2012
Pros: free lunch, good benefits
Cons: not a very good work culture
Learned alot at this Organization. Learned about the banking and Revenue of Non Profit Organization. Alot of hands-on experience.
Great Experience
Integrated Health (Current Employee), PhoenixNovember 16, 2012
Pros: autonomy
This company provides a lot of work experience. This is a great place to work.
Good benefits
Parent Aide (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: use of own transportation
Worked there for a year as a parent aide. Conducted supervised home visits, worked closely with natural parent to overcome obstacles and meet goals to recooperate children.