Jewish Family and Children's Services Employee Reviews

Group home
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 23, 2017
Busy group home environments. Management could be both flexible and inflexible depending on issues. Pay was insufficient for work load. Great clients within group home.
Great atmosphere cared about the people they servr
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 20, 2017
Awesome experience to work with the children and families
A great way to build relationships. In the community
It was free service for the daycare and that made it even better for them there is nothing like a free set of hands to help out when comes to children.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Not enough funding
Amazing and supportive staff
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 9, 2017
JFCS provides an excellent opportunity for interns in providing a multitude of clients: children, adolescents, adults, families, and couples. The environment is supportive and collaborative. Individual and group supervision were given in a very responsible manner.
Pros
Excellent supervision, good training
Cons
busy, lack of upper management support
Please Read
High Needs Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2017
A typical day at work was my schedule is booked from start time to finish time. I learned how to operate the Next Gen system that we put our data in. Management was great, no complaints. The hardest part of my job was running out of energy to drive all over Arizona to me meet with client's and attend meetings. The most enjoyable part of my job was the open schedule.
excellent individuals and culture
MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 26, 2017
I would recommend because of impact I was able to have on clients, plus management was wonderful. I conducted psychosocial assessments and facilitated group.
Pros
free food
Cons
lack of advancement
Complicated
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 26, 2017
I will always be grateful for the opportunities provided for me at JFCS. My job allowed me autonomy and respect for the food work I did. However, garnishing support for program needs was challenging.
Hostile work environment
Intern (Practicum) (Former Employee) –  Asbury Park, NJSeptember 25, 2017
This was my practicum experience. While most of my mentors were wonderful, the main manager on a daily basis made the workplace a very hostile one.I have been told that this old style addictions. My immediate mentors, I emphasize, were terrific.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Work environment
Lead Youth in Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
Worked for the Real World Job Development and had an excellent program director. I learned a lot at this job. It can be demanding but flexible. You also must enjoying working with youth. Any place has it's challenges with client's and it was no different here. What helped was having a supportive team and management.
Pros
Great management, good team atmoshpere
Cons
Having to use 2 database systems
Great Place to work
Director of Home Care (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 18, 2017
Human Service Organization based on giving back.
Good management team
The people that work here are dedicated hard working individuals.
Team atmosphere
Many resources to draw from as there are many individuals that possess much knowledge
Pros
Time Off: Vacation, sicktime, Persoanl Days, Major hoildays and Jewish Holidays observed
Wonderful company
Receptionist-Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 7, 2017
Typical day at work wasn't too stressful, management is very supportive and not micro-managed! the most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that people are very caring at this company.

Want to know more about Jewish Family and Children's Services?

Ask a question
No teamwork
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2017
Employees are encouraged to 'tell' on other employees to keep manager informed. Little or no team work. High turn over in most departments. Loved working with the clients.
Great work/life balance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2017
They provide a lot of beneficial services to those in need.
Everyone is pleasant to work with. There is a great balance between work and home life.....
great learning experience.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2017
♣ Provide patients with direct support with logistics including hygiene, toileting and grooming
♣ Administer medication to patients in accordance to their specific medication schedules
♣ Assist patients in maintaining a safe and healthy lifestyle and monitor changes in their general health
♣ Monitor and maintain a clean and safe environment for patients at all times
♣ Provide training and assistance to patients in making healthy dietary choices
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Administrative Assistant
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2017
The Agency as a whole is wonderful & does great work for individuals & families with disabilities. Management awful, falsely accuses employees of hiding mistakes, hiding work, not doing enough work, micro managing, not being part of the team, you work many hours unpaid, not trustworthy. Culture at agency does not follow instilling Jewish values.
Pros
Lots of paid days off
Cons
If you want to have multiple nervous breakdowns daily, then this is the place for you
Non-Profit Organization
Administrative Assistant, Payroll (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2017
Great opportunity with this organization. My experience was a positive one and I highly recommend this organization. working with clients and caregiver/s was amazing.
Humility and Patience Required.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 10, 2017
I am grateful and honored that JFS gave me the opportunity to become a caregiver and I cannot think of one negative thing to say about this employer. They hire you based on character and merit which are the two qualities every person should be considered for.
Pros
New Experiences, Personal Growth
Cons
Demanding job.
Youth and Family Specialist
Youth and Family Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 29, 2017
Every day is different. I am usually out in the community in a placement to do birth to five assessments, in home support, and/or school observations. If I am not out in the community, I am either staffing with my clinical manager, child therapists, and/or Department of Child Safety (DCS) Case Manager. Besides staffing, I will attend and sometimes facilitate Child and Family Team meetings with all whom is involved on child's case. The clinical managers and the child therapists are down to earth and are truly passionate about the children in need of therapy services. If I had to choose the hardest part of this job, it would be working alongside DCS case managers who do not think of the child's best interest. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I make a break through with a client and/or placement. It is the best feeling ever!
Pros
Company culture, community outreaches, passion for the children
Cons
health care, under paid
Great to work for such a dedicated company.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2017
JFCS is a valuable organization in the Tucson community. They have dedicated staff who work hard to provide Clinical and Community Services, not only for the Jewish community but the community as a whole. They have special services and programs for the Jewish community that is highly valued. It is a wonderful place to work and the staff is friendly, professional and a pleasure to work with. .
Pros
Exceptional staff and management
Cons
As a non-profit, pay is low
Management, job culture crosses boundaries and unethical acts occure on a daily basis. The cutlute of the addiction unit needs help.
Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Asbury Park, NJJune 18, 2017
Current director of the substance abuse program operates in unethical manner. Otherwise the other personal are very good. and good to work with and for.
a respectful, thoughtful and meaningful place to work
North Shore Outreach Manager (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 11, 2017
On my team at JF&CS there is exceptional collaboration among team members, I have great freedom to create my role and am not micromanaged. Overall, the environment is less hierarchical than at other more corporate nonprofits but there's enough structure that it's well managed with good accountability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jewish Family and Children's Services. Our community is ready to answer.