Web Developer/Graphic Designer
Seeking a creative, collaborative person to join our Marketing team as a Designer with front end developer skills.
The Web Developer/Graphic Designer will be responsible for developing, maintaining and recommending updates for several community and organizational websites and mini-sites, as well as working with a Digital Communications Strategist to coordinate and execute email and social media marketing activity.
- Conceptualize, design, produce and deliver new site features/functionality. Perform maintenance and updates to the existing websites.
- Track usage and recommend content refinements & enhancements (photos, videos, promotional programs, etc.) to drive engagement, interactivity and site traffic.
- Collaborate with the Marketing department, Development and others to manage and implement multiple online advertising campaigns.
- Consistently improve the donors’ volunteers’ and other community site visitors’ online experiences.
- Design and deliver email marketing materials promoting a wide variety of programs, events and activities available to the community.
- Perform quality assurance testing
Complete other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Solid skills in graphic design, with stylistic breadth; looking for someone with an eye for typography, palette development, intuitive layout, and a pixel-level attention to detail. You must have a deep appreciation for clean, simple, usable interfaces.
- Proactive & self-motivated, good natured, flexible, highly organized, collaborative
- Ability to thrive in a self-directed, fast paced design and production environment delivering a wide range of interactive assets, from interactive models, prototypes, concepts to production assets.
- Must possess excellent time-management & communication skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to take art direction, feedback and critiques effectively.
- Fluent in Adobe CS5 and CS6 programs; Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign.
- Practical design/production experience in online and rich-media design.
- Experience with designing websites, banners, animations
- Thorough understanding of overall web site design, including basic usability, industry standards, architecture and navigation.
- Ability to take concepts to code without assistance.
- Extensive knowledge of Word Press (self-hosted platform)
- Apache web server / WHM & C-Panel
- DNS management
- Implementing and maintaining website security, as well as attack countermeasures
- Experience with holistic thinking around overall usability and design approach
- Bachelor’s degree required in design-related discipline: Interaction, Graphic or Interface design.
- Design for mobile and tablet and experience with BlackBaud is a plus
This role requires a designer who works effectively independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
Candidates must have a portfolio with multiple examples of interactive design.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis offers a terrific benefits package including health/dental, 403(b), vacation, paid Jewish and secular holiday’s, 50% off membership at the JCC, sick and personal time, life insurance, ltd and more.
For more information on our community visit www.jewishinstlouis.org.
Indeed - 15 months ago