Jewish Home Lifecare

Jewish Home Lifecare Employer Reviews

Friendly environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Work flow is steady day by day, things may get raddled if someone is missing, but other days people will go at a normal routine and enjoy it. The employees are helpful when helping each other, the hardest part of the job would be generally, the parking area, its public and with some restrictions
Terrible experience
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 27, 2014
Administration was very prejudice. Not supportive of staff and exhibited a lack of respect. insufficient funds provided to adequately support programs.
Horribleeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! company to work for!!!!!!
hha (Former Employee), bronx new yorkDecember 6, 2014
Pros: unprofessional
Cons: not worth your time.
First they look like they can help you , making you think you will get notice win credit advance career but true facts you won't get notice they have poor service unprofessional coordinater and management.

They do not pay on time. They still own me two months pay!!!! And when you claim it they throw you under bus. And take your case away. I will never want to work for this type of company!!.
high volume facility
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great rehabilitation staff
Cons: fast pace high volume if you are not comfortable with a large facility
High volume with 8-9 patient caseload including documentation, screens and meetings. Great rehabilitation staff. Weekend rotation. The hardest part of the job was balancing documentation, screens, meetings and treatment during high census. healthpro documentation . New programs being developed i.e. substance abuse programs for the aging community.
Jewish Home Lifecare
Telecommunications Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
The job here was very challenging but in the end learned a lot ad gained a lot of experience.
A fun place to work and learn new things
Pharmacy Technician Externship/Volunteer (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: the hours are good
Cons: when a patient dies
I really enjoyed working here. The staff was nice in every department and the patients were very sweet as well.
Productive, Fast pace and intense
Finance/Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 9, 2014
The Jewish Home Lifecare is one of the largest Nursing Homes in New York City. It's very fast pace and intense. Management is approachable and they listen to concerns voiced. My co-workers are awesome. I've learned that challenging myself has pushed me further than I've ever thought I would be. My coworkers are awesome. The hardest part of my job is waiting on others to complete their portion of work before I can complete mine. The most enjoyable part of my job is the connections I've built with the resident's I serve. The resident's look forward to me coming to work. I'm able to put a smile on their face and in return it brightens my day.
Thought it was a good career move at first...
Supervisor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 31, 2014
Pros: co-workers had each others backs more often than not.
Cons: when staff broke their backs to get the job done, it often went unnoticed and unappreciated.
Overall, a very top heavy organization, that depending on the department, you either excelled from your efforts or got bogged down in the office politics and p!ss poor management.
Heartwarming and a fun workplace
Geriatric Career Development Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 10, 2014
A typical day for me means helping the elderly with their every day needs. Many if not all could not independently feed themselves or shower. I would help them do that and even played bingo with them in the Adult Daycare.The hardest part was seeing how helpless they were. I really liked the fact that I was helping people who needed help and at the end of the day I would be emotinally rewarded. Alot of my co-workers were my peers so the atmosphere remained lively at all times.
Terrible
Home healh AIde (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 4, 2014
Cons: no consideration with the aides
No consideration for the hard working HHA's. They send you to work under sever snowstorms and If you do not attend work they threaten to fire you.
Biweekly pay is sometimes not on time, having to wait a total of 4 weeks to get paid.
They are good for pushing extra work on you not taking into thought that one has a family at home.
They discriminate on those who have children or those who have other responsabilites outside of work.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Bronx, new yorkJune 10, 2014
Pros: n/ a
Cons: n/a
As a floater you don't know the residents, it takes longer to work.
Stay away from this company
Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 6, 2014
Pros: employees, overtime pay
Cons: everything else
management is not supportive, they tried to stop employees from returning to former positions which opened up, they like to throw employees under the bus if you do not defend yourself. Too many managers and not enough employees to do the very large volume of work which never gets done even if you stay at work late (which is not appreciated). The employees were helpful with training new staff meanwhile the managers stay in their office. The 1199 union does not have the back bone it used to have to stand up to the company for not contributing to the medical benefits. Many employees may be in jeopardy of losing their benefits.
work place experience
Dietetic Technician (Former Employee), adult day care centerMay 26, 2014
my typical day of work is always be busy, what I learned is to work as a team with coworkers, do multiple tasks at the same time. Enjoy more to manage my hours at time manner
work environment is not friendly
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 19, 2014
Pros: unionized
Cons: benefits are ok because of union
very hectic
work is pretty much monotonous
management is ok
co workers are ok but not very friendly
hard to finish work on time..need more staff.
Very good experience
Health Services Volunteer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 14, 2014
It was very funObtain a position at a company where I can maximize my work experience and leadership skills
good work place
Human Resources Intern- Human Resources department (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2014
good work placegood work place good work place good work place good work place good work place good work place good work place
Stressful but happy
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: seeing residents
Cons: short staff
Work load at times can be stressful when there is not adequate staff. I have learned to not let my emotions get the best of me and to do as much as I can even if I don't take a break.
Very little collaboration between management and line staff
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: working with the elderly. and at risk youth
There is absolutely no collaboration between management and line staff.
On the Fence
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2013
Very friendly staff but didn't communicate with HHA's sufficiently. Sometimes was expected to drop everything at the last minute to go in for a case in any weather at any time.
An organization with great opportunity for growth
Director of Clinical Resources (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2013
A large LTC facility on the upper West Side of Manhattan availing the residents/patients and staff to the abundant advantages of being in a large city for professional growth for staff and medical advances for the residents.

About Jewish Home Lifecare

Jewish Home Lifecare provides quality health care services and assistance to elders and those who care for them.

Jewish Home Lifecare Photos