Jewish Home Lifecare

Jewish Home Lifecare Employee Reviews

what i've learned
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 4, 2015
to be patient and understanding, and to put yourself in your patients shoes, to understand all rules and regulations within this company
Pros
great patients
Cons
when jobs end
Nice Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 27, 2015
A typical day at the Jewish home would be some what chaotic in the morning times being you have to give two or three showers before breakfast is over. I've learned how to have great time management skills. My coworkers were very friendly and down to earth. The hardest part of the job was adapting to the early morning work schedule. The most enjoyable part about the job was making a difference in the residents life.
Pros
Nice View Of Lake Michigan & Great Benefits
Cons
Short of workers on the Alzheimers & Dementia unit
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2015
This is great place to work and have advancement if possible. Great community of people working together. With budgets and board members thinking about the money, many people are often let go.
Pros
Good networking
Cons
Not secured
Fast paced work place
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 6, 2015
This facility is a fast paced rehab in a fairly large facilty of 700 beds. The hardest part of the job is budjeting your time with the pt's due to ones case load being spread across the building.
It was a comfortable workplace because everyone got along with everybody. Like a family.
Discharge Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2015
What I loved the most about Jewish Home was the work environment. My fellow co workers who respected each other and acknowledged each others work ethic. That's how the facility ran better because we all got along with each other.
Pros
Co workers, environment
Cons
N/A
good place to work
Billing Clerk/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  bronx, nyJuly 31, 2015
very busy work load. great enviorment good co-workers. unfortunate that the bronx location is being sold. would have really like to became permanet employee.
Nice work enviorment
Billing Clerk/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  NEW YORKJuly 24, 2015
Great co workers learn a lot enjoyed the time I was contracted there. Would have like to become a permanent employee. Had a good enviorment. Large workflow I like that because you stayed busy all day.
Pros
NONE
Cons
ADVANCMENT
A facility that provides both short-term and long-term care for older adults
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2015
Good management
Learned to work in an interdisciplinary team
Learned to do MDS assessments
Provided counseling for older adults and their families
Horrible experience, horrible place,unprofessional staff
Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  BronxJune 21, 2015
HORRIBLE place to work. The people that do staffing are HORRIBLE and unfair, disrespectfully. Some employee can get time off anytime they want with no problem.While others have to do a song a dance and beg and are denied. The work is over whelming and never completely done. Management want you to clock out at the end of shift and stay back and complete the work. Shifts are short staffed all the time. And you hardly get a lunch break. Cna's act like there nurses.Some supervisors are rude and disrespectful. Horrible experience!
Pros
Ok pay and benefits
Cons
No breaks, unfriendly staff, unfair staffing personal. If Jewish home call you for a job. RUN!
Great place for experience
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2015
Many opportunities available at Jewish Home Lifecare! Very oriented place and diverse! The only downside is usually hospitals always layoff due to budgeting.
great staff, company needs better work life balance
Health Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 23, 2015
A lot of work on a typical day. Management is not inviting. The staff seems overworked and so they all come off as mean and not professional.
Friendly environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Work flow is steady day by day, things may get raddled if someone is missing, but other days people will go at a normal routine and enjoy it. The employees are helpful when helping each other, the hardest part of the job would be generally, the parking area, its public and with some restrictions
Terrible experience
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2014
Administration was very prejudice. Not supportive of staff and exhibited a lack of respect. insufficient funds provided to adequately support programs.
Horribleeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! company to work for!!!!!!
hha (Former Employee) –  bronx new yorkDecember 6, 2014
First they look like they can help you , making you think you will get notice win credit advance career but true facts you won't get notice they have poor service unprofessional coordinater and management.

They do not pay on time. They still own me two months pay!!!! And when you claim it they throw you under bus. And take your case away. I will never want to work for this type of company!!.
Pros
unprofessional
Cons
not worth your time.
high volume facility
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 28, 2014
High volume with 8-9 patient caseload including documentation, screens and meetings. Great rehabilitation staff. Weekend rotation. The hardest part of the job was balancing documentation, screens, meetings and treatment during high census. healthpro documentation . New programs being developed i.e. substance abuse programs for the aging community.
Pros
great rehabilitation staff
Cons
fast pace high volume if you are not comfortable with a large facility
Jewish Home Lifecare
Telecommunications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
The job here was very challenging but in the end learned a lot ad gained a lot of experience.
A fun place to work and learn new things
Pharmacy Technician Externship/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 26, 2014
I really enjoyed working here. The staff was nice in every department and the patients were very sweet as well.
Pros
the hours are good
Cons
when a patient dies
Productive, Fast pace and intense
Finance/Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 9, 2014
The Jewish Home Lifecare is one of the largest Nursing Homes in New York City. It's very fast pace and intense. Management is approachable and they listen to concerns voiced. My co-workers are awesome. I've learned that challenging myself has pushed me further than I've ever thought I would be. My coworkers are awesome. The hardest part of my job is waiting on others to complete their portion of work before I can complete mine. The most enjoyable part of my job is the connections I've built with the resident's I serve. The resident's look forward to me coming to work. I'm able to put a smile on their face and in return it brightens my day.
Thought it was a good career move at first...
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 31, 2014
Overall, a very top heavy organization, that depending on the department, you either excelled from your efforts or got bogged down in the office politics and p!ss poor management.
Pros
co-workers had each others backs more often than not.
Cons
when staff broke their backs to get the job done, it often went unnoticed and unappreciated.
Heartwarming and a fun workplace
Geriatric Career Development Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2014
A typical day for me means helping the elderly with their every day needs. Many if not all could not independently feed themselves or shower. I would help them do that and even played bingo with them in the Adult Daycare.The hardest part was seeing how helpless they were. I really liked the fact that I was helping people who needed help and at the end of the day I would be emotinally rewarded. Alot of my co-workers were my peers so the atmosphere remained lively at all times.