Jewish Home

Jewish Home Employer Reviews

Environment Service Worker (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 23, 2014
Enjoyed staff and clients. Jewish Home was a wonderful place to work. Learned a lot from this company.
Rewarding!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 3, 2013
Being a CNA is challenging Job but at the end of the day its all worth it. It is so rewarding, and to think you help someone today to live their life meaningfully and dignified feels amazing.
working hard,crazy but happy to be with my co workers
CNA (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 27, 2013
Cons: short break
Dealing with the residents need are really hard everyday.But with the help of my co workers its getting easier.Through the leadership of our RN's in the unit/floor is getting better and the staff has a unity,understanding and most of all we build a family in our unit.The hardest part of my job is when one of my resident is not satisfied or they didn't met there expectation to me.And last part is our most enjoyable part of the job is when all of us are going to our break and each everyone of us has a different kind of foods to bring.We always keep on doing that everyday.
Fast paste, serious, and very little fun.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJune 27, 2013
Pros: free lunches sometimes.
Cons: short breaks, and mean residents.
Walk in and see what job I would have to do. Most of the time I was serving food, and dish washing because I was known for one of the fastest at my job. Serving food was very fast paste, and critical because the residents were elderly people. A lot of them were allergic to certain things so everything had to be specific. Most residents were really rude especially from looking so nice from the outside. Oh well a job is a job, and I never argued with them. I just did what they wanted because that's what I had to do. As if it were a restaurant, it wouldn't be as flexible. Coworkers were fun, but the bosses were just really.. all about themselves. Hardest part of the job is night shift. Getting out on time rarely happened and we would never get paid for overtime. I found that really unfair and lame.
Productive and interesting
Dining Service Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 8, 2013
Typical day at work would include going into the dietary office sitting through our daily meeting for updates and work news. Then going up to my kitchen to prepare for dinner. After dinner i clean my dishes serve dessert and then clean and stock my kitchen before going home. Management was not around often and when they were it was to tell us about a change in company policy.
I started as a volunteer and I enjoyed it so much I continued all year long
Recreational Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2013
It started as a requirement in school and I enjoyed, and learned a lot from the patients and nurses so I stayed all year long.
private duty
Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee), Scranton, PANovember 4, 2012
Pros: gave special care
Cons: home did not care for private duty nurses
pt care bathing, thearapy, meals
co workers pleasant
the hardest part of job was when pt was ill hard to get doctor called for care
Not good company to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 16, 2012
poor management
great coworkers
Underpaid
Will not recommend
Fast, exciting, loving atmosphere
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: everyone has a smile on their face.
Senior hospital. Everyone is nice. Did not work here long enough to experiences more.