Jewish Home Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly
House keeping (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, NYDecember 5, 2017
Nice place to work. everyone is very friendly and the patients are awesome..
I had a great work experience there and would recomend working there.
As long as you do your work you haven't a problem.
job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 11, 2017
jewish home was not easy most of the time we were short staff and patients were heavy and hard to deal with. some of the coworkers were mean and they wouldn't help you when you needed help with a patient
Pros
short breaks and lunch
Cons
benefits were very good they paid for you and your dependents
it was a pleasant place to work.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 2, 2017
The management was great .Staff were cooperative. The patient was polite and family were very patient and understanding. They encouraged you to make family first. I will work there any day if there is an opportunity.
Pros
Management great
very welcoming
Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Internship (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 11, 2017
great intern experience. the workers were very welcoming and helpful. Very peaceful atmosphere, I really enjoyed my time at the jewish home. I built real bonds and relationships with the residents.
It's an okay place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Linglestown, PAJune 20, 2017
They aren't that organize and people don't work as a team I did like the people who live there they were sweet and that made me wanna work they cause of them but my workers were not a team barley wanted to do anything did what they wanted
Great Company
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 17, 2017
* Fast pace environment.
* Follow up calls for payments and contracts.
* Finance meetings.
* Data entry on updating accounts.
* Filing, copies
Pros
interacting with clients, daily work to keep busy which I like.
Cons
Hoping to work on the weekends
fun
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA 17112May 16, 2017
loved working with the elderly, the job is laid back and sweet really enjoyed working there I would go back if I had to. always loved giving back to the people that cant help their selves anymore.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing
Very good place to work.
RN (Current Employee) –  Reseda, CADecember 12, 2016
The Jewish home is known for it's strong focus on patients and staff satisfraction. Busy in meeting the needs of the patients with the a great team work.
Great place for elderly
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 24, 2016
Prep foods, Run dishwasher, keep kosher foods separated. Dispose of all garbage sweep and mop kitchen floors. check dates on food items to provide best results.
A typical Day at Work
Clinical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Reseda, CASeptember 4, 2016
A typical day at work is like seeing your family again each day. The residents in long term wait to see you each morning with a smile. Patients depend on you to be there each day. Co workers and staff are enjoyable and we all collaborate such great team work. We truely care for one another. Work at Jewish Home has never felt much like work. Its an enjoyable place to Call Home.
Great Environment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day of work is helping the patient around with what she needs, preparing food and sorting the different type of medications the patient might need. Working with other is not a big deal because we only switch shifts and had over care to higher ups when needed. The patients are what really makes a good day for me.
Productive and friendly place to work,
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 15, 2015
A typical day at work is going to a client and providing aide for that client in the form of helping the client in their day to day activity.
good secure place to work
relief cook/dietary aid (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 16, 2015
good secure place to work although had trouble with management in food service doing there job good people there that I have met in my 16 years
Great Staff and working environment
RN CM (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoMarch 24, 2015
Care for a variety of different patients from ortho cases to chronic/acute diseases and infections.
Many responsibilities assigned to each member of the team.
Most difficult part of the job is having to balance MANY responsibilities simultaneously.
The most enjoyable part of the job includes the work environment produced by members of the team. Members influence one another with their initiative and work ethic.
nice work place
CNA (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 17, 2014
very hectic
work is pretty much monotonous
management is ok
co workers are ok and very friendly
hard to finish work on time..need more staff.
Environment Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 23, 2014
Enjoyed staff and clients. Jewish Home was a wonderful place to work. Learned a lot from this company.
Rewarding!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 3, 2013
Being a CNA is challenging Job but at the end of the day its all worth it. It is so rewarding, and to think you help someone today to live their life meaningfully and dignified feels amazing.
working hard,crazy but happy to be with my co workers
CNA (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 27, 2013
Dealing with the residents need are really hard everyday.But with the help of my co workers its getting easier.Through the leadership of our RN's in the unit/floor is getting better and the staff has a unity,understanding and most of all we build a family in our unit.The hardest part of my job is when one of my resident is not satisfied or they didn't met there expectation to me.And last part is our most enjoyable part of the job is when all of us are going to our break and each everyone of us has a different kind of foods to bring.We always keep on doing that everyday.
Cons
short break
Fast paste, serious, and very little fun.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 27, 2013
Walk in and see what job I would have to do. Most of the time I was serving food, and dish washing because I was known for one of the fastest at my job. Serving food was very fast paste, and critical because the residents were elderly people. A lot of them were allergic to certain things so everything had to be specific. Most residents were really rude especially from looking so nice from the outside. Oh well a job is a job, and I never argued with them. I just did what they wanted because that's what I had to do. As if it were a restaurant, it wouldn't be as flexible. Coworkers were fun, but the bosses were just really.. all about themselves. Hardest part of the job is night shift. Getting out on time rarely happened and we would never get paid for overtime. I found that really unfair and lame.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes.
Cons
Short breaks, and mean residents.
Productive and interesting
Dining Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 8, 2013
Typical day at work would include going into the dietary office sitting through our daily meeting for updates and work news. Then going up to my kitchen to prepare for dinner. After dinner i clean my dishes serve dessert and then clean and stock my kitchen before going home. Management was not around often and when they were it was to tell us about a change in company policy.