Jewish Home Employee Reviews

A typical Day at Work
Clinical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Reseda, CASeptember 4, 2016
A typical day at work is like seeing your family again each day. The residents in long term wait to see you each morning with a smile. Patients depend on you to be there each day. Co workers and staff are enjoyable and we all collaborate such great team work. We truely care for one another. Work at Jewish Home has never felt much like work. Its an enjoyable place to Call Home.
Great place for elderly
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 24, 2016
Prep foods, Run dishwasher, keep kosher foods separated. Dispose of all garbage sweep and mop kitchen floors. check dates on food items to provide best results.
Great Environment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day of work is helping the patient around with what she needs, preparing food and sorting the different type of medications the patient might need. Working with other is not a big deal because we only switch shifts and had over care to higher ups when needed. The patients are what really makes a good day for me.
Great Staff and working environment
RN CM (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoMarch 24, 2015
Care for a variety of different patients from ortho cases to chronic/acute diseases and infections.
Many responsibilities assigned to each member of the team.
Most difficult part of the job is having to balance MANY responsibilities simultaneously.
The most enjoyable part of the job includes the work environment produced by members of the team. Members influence one another with their initiative and work ethic.
working hard,crazy but happy to be with my co workers
CNA (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 27, 2013
Dealing with the residents need are really hard everyday.But with the help of my co workers its getting easier.Through the leadership of our RN's in the unit/floor is getting better and the staff has a unity,understanding and most of all we build a family in our unit.The hardest part of my job is when one of my resident is not satisfied or they didn't met there expectation to me.And last part is our most enjoyable part of the job is when all of us are going to our break and each everyone of us has a different kind of foods to bring.We always keep on doing that everyday.
Cons
short break
Productive and interesting
Dining Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 8, 2013
Typical day at work would include going into the dietary office sitting through our daily meeting for updates and work news. Then going up to my kitchen to prepare for dinner. After dinner i clean my dishes serve dessert and then clean and stock my kitchen before going home. Management was not around often and when they were it was to tell us about a change in company policy.
Productive and friendly place to work,
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 15, 2015
A typical day at work is going to a client and providing aide for that client in the form of helping the client in their day to day activity.
Fast paste, serious, and very little fun.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 27, 2013
Walk in and see what job I would have to do. Most of the time I was serving food, and dish washing because I was known for one of the fastest at my job. Serving food was very fast paste, and critical because the residents were elderly people. A lot of them were allergic to certain things so everything had to be specific. Most residents were really rude especially from looking so nice from the outside. Oh well a job is a job, and I never argued with them. I just did what they wanted because that's what I had to do. As if it were a restaurant, it wouldn't be as flexible. Coworkers were fun, but the bosses were just really.. all about themselves. Hardest part of the job is night shift. Getting out on time rarely happened and we would never get paid for overtime. I found that really unfair and lame.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes.
Cons
Short breaks, and mean residents.
good secure place to work
relief cook/dietary aid (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 16, 2015
good secure place to work although had trouble with management in food service doing there job good people there that I have met in my 16 years
Rewarding!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 3, 2013
Being a CNA is challenging Job but at the end of the day its all worth it. It is so rewarding, and to think you help someone today to live their life meaningfully and dignified feels amazing.
I started as a volunteer and I enjoyed it so much I continued all year long
Recreational Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2013
It started as a requirement in school and I enjoyed, and learned a lot from the patients and nurses so I stayed all year long.
private duty
Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 4, 2012
pt care bathing, thearapy, meals
co workers pleasant
the hardest part of job was when pt was ill hard to get doctor called for care
Pros
gave special care
Cons
home did not care for private duty nurses
Fast, exciting, loving atmosphere
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2012
Senior hospital. Everyone is nice. Did not work here long enough to experiences more.
Pros
everyone has a smile on their face.
nice work place
CNA (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 17, 2014
very hectic
work is pretty much monotonous
management is ok
co workers are ok and very friendly
hard to finish work on time..need more staff.
Environment Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 23, 2014
Enjoyed staff and clients. Jewish Home was a wonderful place to work. Learned a lot from this company.
Not good company to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 16, 2012
poor management
great coworkers
Underpaid
Will not recommend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jewish Home. Our community is ready to answer.