Jewish Hospital

Jewish Hospital Employer Reviews

no direction
Host (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: making patients happy
Cons: poor management
it started off really great place to work but when new management was brought in that screwed everything up. we now had to distrub patients that didn't get food because nobody knew who was getting what and nobody was made accountable for anything.
Great Enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 13, 2014
All my coworkers were very nice and the people you meet tend to leave a positive mark in your mind
Good Job
Dietary (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 8, 2014
Great pay. Long hours it will wear you out. Learned to care for a lot people
Take care of someone like it is your family member and you can never go wrong.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 28, 2014
In every job I have had I enjoyed. There are always situations and people that no matter what you do you cannot make it better or satisfy that person but you just do what you can to the best of your ability and having the peace of mind that I did my best is all that matters. In all my jobs, the person was either happy or relieved to see me or unhappy – more... to see me but I know that I took part in helping the recovery of the patient or kept them from getting worse before they got to the hospital. I enjoyed most of my co-workers in all of my jobs and when a co-worker says I am so glad you are here tonight or I am so glad you are the one that is drawing my blood then it makes my job worth doing and gives me a sense of satisfaction. – less
Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILJune 17, 2014
• Worked with physicians to develop and manage nursing care plans
• Instructed patients and families in proper treatment
• Helped patients take steps to improve or maintain health
• Responded to inquiries in a responsive and professional manner
• Performed physical assessments of patients, including triage duties and more
busy
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Shelbyville, KYJune 7, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: the uncertainty of the future of our hospital
As changes in healthcare progress, the need to be flexible is ongoing. It is busy. Our Supervisor is the greatest and very supportive. The hardest part of the job is getting to spend the time you'd like with each patient.
good job, good people, I always enjoy meeting new people
Hostess (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 12, 2014
Pros: i enjoy working, meeting new people
Cons: job was to physically to hard, to pull cart thru thru 3 building
I enjoy working in new jobs, were I can learn new things. I took food orders from patients, I called them , and I got their trays, and took they food to them then I returned and turn trays to.cart when they were thru. I later returned and took lunch orders, and called them in and returned with there orders. I then gave them their lunch trays, and waited – more... to retreive their lunch trays. During that time I went thru three different building owned by the hospital. The trays, Did not come up in order so I would dray the 60lb cart downstairs on the elevator to get 5 or 6 trays. then I would go to varies parts of the hospitals not always to the same building, to deliver 1 or 2 trays. They would call me down stairs to get trays 1 or 4, so if I had not finish I still had to go to get 2 trays, again dragging my 60lb cart. Then return upstairs to restart giving out trays again. This went on all day. Going thru out three different buildings dragging my 60lb cart. – less
I enjoyed my job
Mobile Van Driver (CDL) (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2014
Pros: meeting people
I loved coming into contact with different people on a daily basis. I also enjoyed the fast paced work environment. I learned the differences in people depending on the area I worked in daily. I did not feel this job was hard I can truly say I did not dread going to work at all. I loved working with and coming into contact with all types of people.
very interesting and educational
Patient Escort (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 1, 2014
I really loved this job, great co-workers, management, and doctors.
Life is a Gift to ENJOY!
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 5, 2014
I feel you can enjoy any job just by having the right attitude.
I was only PRN at this facility.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: working with the patients one on one
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at the hospital was arriving and getting report from the previous shift nurse. After receiving report I went over my care plans and came up with a care plan for each individual patient. Visiting and assessing patients came next along with passing meds and general needs. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet for a total of 12 – more... to 14 hours sometimes not getting a break or lunch. The Most enjoyable part of the job was watching the patients go from sick to healthy and realizing had a major role in that. – less
healthcare
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 30, 2014
Minor travel to satellite offices. Check in patients, book appointments; pull records, answer land lines, process paperwork, such as referrals, appointment sheets, schedules and prescriptions and current work restrictions for patients Verify insurance coverage, co pays and arrange payment plans. Fulfilled requests from case managers, attorneys and other – more... physicians such as disability forms, medical record/xray requests, depositions/meetings. Obtains demographics and insurance coverage. Checks benefits and eligibility. Works closely with registrations and central billing offices. Explains payments, copayments and account information. Ensures proper forms have been filled out by requestor to distribute information being requested, such as signed release forms. Obtains precertification on exams, surgeries and procedures. Distributed proper paperwork within the office. Scheduled Independent medical exams for new patients as well as follow up appointments for established patients. Answered multiple landlines, transferring calls to the correct destination if unable to complete request. Verify insurance coverage and copays. Worked hand in hand with the medical assistants at the downtown location as well as many of Jewish’s satellite offices. Insert correct information into proper system notes. Maintain record log. Maintain office space. Assisted with scheduling of surgeries, post operation appointments and MRIs. Assisted with billing and charges within the clinic on a day to day basis. Download and transcribe dictation from physician .Organizes and maintains patient’s medical charts. Scheduled incoming workers compensation appointments. Assisted in distribution and payments for disability and FMLA forms for injured patients. Sent out referral letters and thank you notes to offices of referring physicians. Coordinated nurse case management meetings, conferences and rehabilitation with doctors.Manages by providing aspects of care within a specified time line and completes routine non-patient department tasks as assigned. Directed patients to treatment rooms, gather medical history. Write out work status’ and physical therapy prescriptions from ordering physicians. Assisted in cleaning and sterilizing utensils. Delivered slings, utensils and tools to satellite offices in need.
HIPAA and BLS/CPR certified. – less
good place to work, good work culture
Staff RN (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 21, 2014
third shift, very interesting unit 8 Towers (GI/GU), busy, busy, busy, but so much interesting learning opportunities. Great co-workers, and management.
CNA
CNA (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 12, 2014
WELL, IT WERE I GOT MY FIRST START AS A CNA, GETTING USE TO PATIENT CARE. LEARNING ALL MY UP'S AND DOWN AND KNOWING WHAT I KNOW TODAY.
Productive and busy place to work.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts so only work 3 days a week.
Cons: 12 hour shifts can be very long, no chance for advancement.
I work as a generalist for 12 hour shifts. I have worked night and day shifts. My co-workers are great and I also work by myself for any weekend shift so I can work alone or as a team. We are a very busy ambulatory lab so the days go by quickly. We have very close interactions with the nurses as well as the doctors.
Worst Job ever
Food Service Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches
I didnt like the nature of the job. The company itself was okay but for the most it was terrible. typical day involved me wiping tables, delivering food to customers. Co-workers were okay but I didnt like the management. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the residents
Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Louisville KYJanuary 4, 2014
Hard working people! Great place to work. Staff is very caring
Very busy work environment - organization skills a must because of lack of organization
Receptionist/Admitting Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: good staff / smart staff
Cons: no recognition to hard working staff / short breaks and lunch
Organization skills by employees was a must....Had to deal with and fix problems on our level. No management involvement
I already wrote a summary about this job
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 30, 2013
I have worked here more than once. I really enjoy the staff. The job security is the part that scares me about this place. It is a very big hospital and very busy.
Great experience and training.
Registered Nurse- Intensive Care (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 18, 2013
This is the most caring and compassionate group of people Ive been in contact with professionally. They honestly care about the well-being of the patients and their families.

1 2 3