Jewish Hospital Employee Reviews

Consistant and busy days.
Financial Accounts Team Member (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 31, 2017
Every day we were busy. It was a active office with much to do. Everyone was dependable and knowledgeable. The supervisors always had an open door if there was a problem that needed attention.
Pros
Yearly employee lunches.
Cons
Regimented workload.
Worst place to work
Staff Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 28, 2017
Management is not friendly. You are given unsafe assignments and then blamed for it. Not recommended. Very inexperienced management. Unprofessional. Unsafe job for a nurse.
overall good place to work
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 13, 2017
Team environment, leadership was approachable, no big issues with petty problems. I worked in a patient care environment where the focus was on the job at hand for the most part.
Loved working in CT
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 28, 2017
I began working in CT in April 2003. I had only been an x-ray tech for 1 year before gaining this position. I loved the position and my fellow co-workers and radiologists. I was always one of the first people to try new protocols and/or studies under CT. I enjoyed working in interventional studies and virtual colonoscopies and I was one of the few that could perform these studies. I learned so much working there and made several long time friends. The hardest part of the job was the drive for me. At the time I lived in Marion county and the drive was about 1 1/2 hours each way. Although I loved it there, I accepted another position within the organization at a new outpatient diagnostic facility in Fern Creek so I would be closer to home. Unfortuneately, the organization closed this facility and I lost my job.
Pros
Great learning facility, Great radiologists, Great teamwork
Cons
unstable work place, no job security.
Healthcare organization
Medical Transcription Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 25, 2017
I enjoyed my years with Jewish Hospital, which provided me opportunity for job growth and advancement. Management and peers were pleasant to work with.
Quaily tech (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 16, 2017
Jewish Hospital is a great place to work. Managers and superiors are great to work for. Always getting what you need. Co-workers very friendly and courteous.
dedicated in providing quality healthcare in such a changing environment
Computerized Tomography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 14, 2017
a high stress culture but satisfying in purpose with very talented, dedicated health care providers

state of the art in technology

innovative in technique
Love my co works
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 6, 2017
I love working at Jewish. Just wish they were more financially stable. It is challenging proving the expected care when budgets are always cut. But I still love my job
Productive work place
Food Nutrition Hostess (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 6, 2017
Enjoyable meeting new people I loved talking to the patient's and giving my testimony and bringing comfort for their stay in the hospital. Love people
Pros
exercise benefits
Cons
pushing a heavy food container around the hospital
No room to grow
Unit Secretary/ Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 2, 2017
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. They had to many who were trying to run the company. I feel that they did not look out for their employees but more about how much money the could make to give this outrageous bonuses.
good workplace
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 18, 2017
Good work place, can pay a little better but, great atmosphere. Learned a lot from working there from how to take care of different patient needs to learning different parts of the hospital. Great people to work with.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
pay better for entry level
Jewish hospital.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 10, 2017
At times I would start at 5 in the morning and get off at 9 pm. The days were long but went well. I eventually transferred from and to several departments and each job turned went well. Each manager was a professional at his or her job. When serving people, nothing is hard. It was very satisfying.
don't work for Mercy
CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 8, 2017
Ever since Jewish was taken over by Mercy, staff satisfaction has gone down. Turn over rate is very high, including physicians. Good thing there are many other options for healthcare out there!
many amentities
On call Chaplain (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 5, 2017
Staff are friendly and helpful.
Great working environment and culture.
Food in the cafeteria is good.
Opportunities for learning through online learning and seminars.
Terrible place to.work
Senior Cook II (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 28, 2017
Management throw the blame everywhere but the issue. Second shift gets away with murder. Infestation of hissing cockroaches, no one wants to work. We send cold food to patients on a regular basis.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Getting hired
Loved my job
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT/UNIT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 25, 2017
Jewish was a great place to work. I loved the environment and the people. Working there changed me as a person because it made me a hard worker. i would recommend this job to anyone
A wonderful place to work.
Enviornmentalist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 20, 2017
Enjoyed the work it was challenging however, a great learning experience for me to learn the different techniques of hospital work.
Management was good.
Pros
Enjoyed learning different types of work.
Cons
Did not enjoy cleaning restrooms.
Management was horrible
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2017
Only worked part time I learned a lot with the patients that I worked with. I gained a lot of knowledge with the type of patients that were admitted on the floor. The management did not care of we were short staffed when it came to the nurses and the CNAs. On the night shift they would only have one CNA to take care of multiple critically ill patients and sometimes the nurses did not pull their weight to help. The hardest part of the job was having to watch the CNAS work with minimal help. The most enjoyable was the patients that we cared for on a daily basis.
Great place
Payor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 5, 2017
I worked at JHHS for appx 15 years, it wasn't a bad place to work during years of experience. Pay wasn't so great but average , I guess. Company, is still in business, so I would say its good thing.
productive fast pace envionmernt
Diatary Aide (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 6, 2016
come in hop om tray line pass trays come back clean up prepare for next day get patients request for food put up stock dip up deserts cook for the hospital's employees and patients