Jewish Vocational Service

jvs was a great place 2 work 4
love 2 load &uloading trucks
eye enjoy brining sub contracted work 2 the shelter workshop
showing consumers how 2 assemble different products
Supervise Mentally Disabled Adults who work in the community.
Job Coach (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 28, 2014
Most of the time I am prompting the clients on how to be appropriate on the job. I assign tasks and give very specific directions on how to complete them. With another job coach we work as a team to make sure clients do not run out of work/ product. Clients work in various settings which include retail, janitorial, production and other volunteer sites. – more... Being a job coach is very rewarding because I am a positive influence on the clients daily and they receive a sense of purpose. . – less
safe fun work environment
Job Coach (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 11, 2014
Take client to different food banks to help box food items. Most of the clients have different disabilities so that makes for a whole lot of personalities but each day theres something different going home and that's what make the job fun and keeps it interesting.
Enjoyable job experience
Supervisor/Job coach (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 5, 2014
Jewish Vocational Service was a great learning experience for me .I learned how to become a loving caring Jobcoach.
started out as working as a packer and from there a supivisor
Production Assistant (Former Employee), East Orange, NJJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: gave us bonus from 100 and up depend on how long a employee was there
Cons: no cons
many promotion at lest three until I got to a supivisor there to traineing new hiree did mean to put that there sorry
Non-profit
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 29, 2013
JVS is an excellent place to work. The agency really cared about employees and provided great benefits. The management was very easy to approach and provided great direction and feedback.
educational environment giving services to to peolpe throughout the communities as well as others
Security Coordinator (Current Employee), East Orange, NJSeptember 12, 2013
great place to work, employment to those who are mentally and physical disable. services given to those were displaced and need a career change
community cleaning
Street Cleaner (Former Employee), North Miami, FLJuly 30, 2013
Pros: it is governmantal employment
Cons: the benifit are regular government basics
Jewish community Service give us a chance to work with the Miami beach sanitation work force and it is a bridge to further employment
such as Miami beach parks and recreation,public work , and initiated skill to be a neighborhood service worker. There is nothing hard about the job. It is out doors work and you get a chance to cover wide areas.
A good place to work
General Clerk (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 29, 2013
JVS was a great place for everyone including myself to explore the career world and be able to find jobs.
extraordinary leadership
Director of Operations (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 1, 2013
Best-led organization I've ever worked for. It's a privilege to be in such a positive learning environment.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 1, 2013
Pros: team, companies goal, rewards, location
The team was great, learned so much about work/life balance and time management. This was my job during college and could not have asked for a better training.
Relaxed environment
Marketing and Event Planning Specialist (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 12, 2013
Typical of other non-profits, overworked and underpaid. Culture there is relaxed though.
I believe this is a very good company and it has been around for over 100 years
Supported Employment Specialist/Job Coach (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2012
Pros: having the jewish holiday off when fisable.
Cons: working some national holidays
A typical day at work would consist of meeting with clients that was scheduled for that day profoming an intake if this was a first time visit. Information would be gather from an interview with the client to evaluate the client's vocational needs and determine what barriers to employment client was facing. Once this was completed together an IPE (individual – more... plan of employment) would be created. The client would then be given a date to participate in job readiness training either in a group or individually. Then this Employment Specialist would contact specific employers by phone to set up a meeting to inform that employer of a good fitting candidate that might be the match he or she was looking for.
One thng I learned in my job is to never send a client to an employer that will not fit the needs of that employer. This is how you keep the employer happy and keep good relationships.
Co-workers got along very well and was always willing to help when needed.
I would say one of the hardest parts of the job was keeping the staffing appointments ever eight weeks with the Department of Rehab Services due to sheduling conflicts.
The most rewarding part of my job was seeing the client accomplish his goal and get hired. To know both the employer and the client are both completely satisfied. – less
Friendly, Productive, Helpful
Career Developer/Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2012
Pros: positive environment
Cons: i saw no problems there
I really like working there, the atmosphere was very friendly, productive and staff is always very helpful.
Very Productive and Friendly
Pros: very pleasant
Cons: i saw none
Loved working with my supervisor. People who worked at the company worked expediently and efficiently.