JFK Medical Center Employee Reviews

I have learned a lot.
Progressive Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 6, 2017
I work on an intense floor and I have learned so much in the 3 years I have been there. Great team work with my fellow coworkers and management. Great company to work for.
great people
Security Officer/Charge Officer (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 4, 2017
the people in all departments are great. the management doesnt really fight for their employees and are quick to point the finger at anyone but themselves. under pay most staff but the people you work with are next to none.
Pros
good people free dinners on holidays
Cons
low pay
Ok Job
Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLNovember 30, 2017
Had the management ever communicated with each other this job would have been much better. Every manager had a different way of doing things and there were 5 managers. Schedules always differed so good luck making plans. This company had recently taken over after being run by Sodexo, so I will give them that they were definitely trying their best. Terrible time to be there though. As a dietician I couldn't believe what they were letting patients eat and the lack of control and supervision over trays being sent to patients.
Pros
free lunch, nice people
Cons
terrible communication, no positive reinforcement
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 23, 2017
Exceptional care..exceptional people. People work hard to make things happen. Administration supports employees in ensuring the task is done with proper resources.
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
Hectic
n\a
Registrar (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 21, 2017
poor management if the manager ask you to do smoothing and u ask for more question the manger get ,made

the employe get his schedule it depends on the mood happy or sad
the enjoyable time when helping patient
Good Place to have worked there. Meet new and unteresting people.
Billing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2017
A good place to work. If JFK was still open today I will still Have been there to work. The employees, management, patients there some good people to work for.
Pros
Good place to work and made my good people there.
Cons
closed down
job culture
Behavior Tech/ Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 6, 2017
needs more well trained staff ration to patients
shorter hours for staff
security concerns for staff
safety from physic patients
needs flexible schedule
Pros
offers 41k match
Cons
over worked
Work environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLNovember 4, 2017
It's a great learning experience however staff not very helpful to new staff. The plus is they are not discriminatory, they talk just as bad about the old staff as they do the new staff. Not a very pleasant experience. Probably will not stay there very long.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Staff is unfriendly
good learning opportunities
EMERGENCY ROOM REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 21, 2017
not a bad place to work . do your job and stay away from any drama and youll be fine . Also its a great place to to move up . opportunities are often readily avaliable
Excellent place to learn and grow
Transporter/ OR tech/ mobile Equipment/ unit clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 16, 2017
My experience at JFK medical center was a good experience. Throughout my ten years at JFK I learned how to communicate with doctors, nurses, patient. Also gain a ton of knowledge pertaining to health care. Now I can further my education in health care.
Challenging but fun while working @ JFK
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 13, 2017
*It was very stressful at times
*I learned how to code ICD-9 diagnoses codes
*My manager was not easy to get along with
*The workplace culture was not a healthy atmosphere for me
Pros
I learned a lot
Cons
Some employees were shown farotitism
Very busy, great kitchen staff
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLOctober 12, 2017
Met new patients each day, some nice some not so nice. It was a job at the hospital so there were a few things that would make you sad like hearing a patient had passed away.
Pros
free lunch.
cha
RN ER ICU (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLOctober 10, 2017
cha is a good company to work for. Its very fast paced and rewarding. There is not enough staff on some days. Everyone helps each other and mediate is not very user friendly, but once you learnt, it can go very quickly.
Pros
great locations
Cons
not enough support staff
Fast pace
Dietary hostess (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 5, 2017
Working at JFK was fun. Working with the patients was the best part. Got to meet and work with different kinds of people. Interacting with the patients helped me better understand the medical field.
To demanding and not worth the pay
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 4, 2017
Management is too demanding for the pennies that they pay, You are literally on your feet the full 7 hours and if you have 1 minute to sit down, management starts yelling. The pay is the lowest compared to all of the other local hospitals.
Good starter job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 30, 2017
Good place to get your feet wet. Not competitive salaries. Not a teaching facility. Coworkers are awesome. Upper management is ok.

Overall cool place to start out, but don't plan to stay too long. Better to move on to gain better experience and compensation.
overall great place to work.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 27, 2017
Excellent after and before care service provide for our children. great benefit package, multi cultural friendly organization. Management create avenues to voice our concerns.
Pros
Management surprise us with lunch or thank you package
Cons
under staff
Fast paced workplace
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Employees should be paid accordingly from how excellent the employee are. Recent rules that was enforced given negative points for being late 1 minute and getting points if theres family emergencies and if youre sick.accumulated points with missing work or being late a few minutes is not a good reason to terminate an excellent employee.
Nice people to work with
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Great people to work with. Have to be very productive and can be stressful at times. Would like more opportunity to educate and expand role. Great benefits.
Great learning experience
Nursing Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 22, 2017
I enjoy working here and with the people there so much I have learned it's a fast paced place.i enjoy helping pt and family members .i encounter with so many different cultures .so days are not as easy as the last days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JFK Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.