JFK Medical Center

JFK Medical Center Employer Reviews

extremely busy fast paced envirnment
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee), Atlantis, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: faced paced day/night, ability to scan multiple exams, see a lot of pathology that you dont encounter working in a diagnostic outpatient environment.
Cons: crazy work schedules as a per diem.
Great place to work if dont mind a non- fixed schedule, working weekends and Holidays, and not feeling appreciated.
productive place to work
Pediatric and Adult ER Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Edison NJSeptember 2, 2014
worked as charge nurse on pediatric floor, it is a productive place to work.
Server Patients
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Atlantis,flAugust 5, 2014
It was a interesting Job. Everyday was different some days I may be serving food and other days I may be fixing the food. It was all about speed.
Productive People friendly workplace
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Atlantis, FloridaAugust 4, 2014
JFK medical center is a great facility that aims high to satisfy all patient needs and requests. This is a great company to work for which is also a great asset to the community as well as its employees. I have learned a lot about the medical field working for this company, things of which I can use both at work and outside of work as well.
only great if you kissed supervisors butt
PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Edison, NJJuly 26, 2014
see previous comment enough said.........won't work there again.
Happy and Team Work Place
PARAMEDIC (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJuly 20, 2014
Everyday is a good day in JFK. We all work together as a team, train to meet the patients needs. I have learned with my team respect and leadership from each other.
Our job is very demanding but with a positive attitude between my co-workers and I, the demands of our jobs become easy and enjoyable.
Ambulatory
Document Specialist (Former Employee), Edison, NJJuly 20, 2014
Fast, clean place to do routine screening. Specialist and staff are pleasant.
Very Encouraging, Nurturing and Friendly environment
Volunteer - Medical Billing (Current Employee), Edison, NJJuly 17, 2014
Pros: willingness of the people up in the hierarchy to help people below them
Cons: nothing
As a Volunteer, I have enjoyed going to JFK. My supervisor and the person I assist are very good and very friendly. They are willing to teach you anything subject wise. I learned how to check medicaid eligibility for patients and pulling EOB's for patients. They take personal interest in my professional achievement.
GENERALLY UNDERSTAFFED
PCT (Current Employee), Edison, NJJune 15, 2014
Cons: short break, understaffed, no paid enough
MY COWORKERS ARE GREAT HOWEVER MANAGEMENT STINKS. WE ARE SEVERELY UNDERSTAFFED AND IN NEED OF NEW MANAGEMENT
Fun Learning Place
Health Management Intern (Former Employee), Atlantis, FLJune 11, 2014
Ability to learn from other upper-level managers. Being able to interact with others on so many levels
Hard work
Orderley (Current Employee), Atlantis, FLMay 28, 2014
It is a place full of knowledge and different aspects of life.
Fun, productive place with lots of activity
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Edison, NJMay 21, 2014
Pros: wonderful staff, in a way it was like getting paid to go to school
Cons: i didn't get paid for any meetings i had to attend, it was all the way down in edison, sometimes i would get lost trying to find a location within the hospital
While working at JFK, I was part of the Vocational Rehabilitation program which teaches both job and life skills. I originally had to do about four weeks in the summer of 2006 of testing to see what I was able to do. When I officially started in September, I worked in the business office across the street from the hospital where I learned how to do – more... medical billing. In addition, every Wednesdays while I was there, I also played the piano for the people in the Day Rehabilitation, where I used my musical talent to bring enjoyment to other patients. I also learned how to calculate the other Voc Rehab students' payroll. Most of my co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with. – less
Least employee satisfaction
Transitional Care Coordinator / Patient Navigator (Former Employee), Edison, NJMay 13, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: over stressed, heavy workload, unrealistic expectation by management from employees
Typical day at work is stressful since employee output / insight is not well recognized by the management. Employee needs are considered the least. Racial discrimination is evident in top jobs which is unfortunate in modern times. Most enjoyable part as a nurse is working with patients. Very receptive patient population and always welcoming for new – more... advise or education. – less
N/A
A clinical nurse specialist may treat (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLMay 12, 2014
I did my clinical's here for my HHA program in High school, it was a great experience I just wish that we would have learned more.
Horrible Floor poor managements
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Edison, NJMay 7, 2014
Gossip poor management, if you're not in there click nothing works for you.
Fast Paced Work Enviorment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLApril 30, 2014
Very Fast paced job with many opprotunities to grow within the medical field.
Busy hosptial with great career advancement
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Edison, NJApril 29, 2014
Pros: staff was very helpful
Cons: never knowing what floor i was working
I was a patient care technician float. I would go into work everyday not knowing where I would be working that night. This was definitely the hardest part of the job. Luckily, the staff on most units were very helpful in showing me where everything was.
Great Coworkers
Child Development Specialist (Current Employee), Edison, NJApril 23, 2014
Coworkers are like family. Unfortunately management and HR expects us to work beyond typical hours, during lunch and states of emergencies even for non-essential personnel.
Was a good place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Atlantis FloridaApril 13, 2014
JFK is a good place to work however, my manager was not a nice person to work with. She gossips too much and was afraid to discipline some individuals.
Best team ever
Outpatient Medical Coder (Former Employee), Atlantis, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: could get a little cold in the office.....really were none
Great bosses, great ethics, follows all guidelines, friendly environment and more.

1 2 3 4