JFK Medical Center

JFK Medical Center Employee Reviews

follow-up Billing Representative
Follow-up Billing Representative (Former Employee), Atlantis, FLAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Satisfying to complete claim process with Insurance companies.
Cons: Job was only for a few months, finance was closing out.
Maintained designated accounts for appropriate payment per third party regulations, provided information to complete claim processing. problem solved bill related issues with Medicare and other third party payer;s
Great for getting hospital experience
I.V. Technician/Narcotic Technician (Current Employee), Edison, NJAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Cheap lunch, two 15 min breaks in addition to 30 min lunch break
Cons: Co-workers attitudes
Ideal hospital to learn how to prepare sterile medications. Learns how the pharmacy operates in a hospital setting. A myriad of positions for technicians from filling to delivering to packaging.
Good work environment
Emergency Department clinician (Current Employee), Edison, NJAugust 12, 2015
I really enjoy working in the ER here. Good people and strong leadership. Good level of support from department co-workers. Ample amount of contacts developed through the years.
Enjoyable, Rewarding, and Challenging
Lead Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee), Edison, NJAugust 11, 2015
Rewarding organization to work for, At time there is a disconnect between management and staff. Communication is key as with any position.
Enjoyable work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Atlantis, FLJuly 31, 2015
This is a wonderful place with great learning experience and growth opportunities. There are many great and supportive co-workers. The hardest part of this job is staffing. I wish the staffing department can work with the nurses and PCA'S by scheduling enough people to make this place a better work place. Thanks,
Politics, Egos and Drama
Former Employee (Former Employee), Edison, NJJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
If you don't want to deal with daily headaches, backstabbers, disrespectful, lazy, unorganized, uneducated management, employees, etc than I suggest you RUN!
JFK Medical is a great place to work.
Server Administrator Team Leader (Current Employee), Edison NJJuly 21, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: extreemly long hours
a typical day at work: meeting with IT, Financial, Administrative, & Medical personnel implementing innovative ways to better support our patients and infrastructure.
I've learned how to interact with IT, management, employees, doctors, nurses, patients, & visitors, sensitively and respectfully to understand the human relationship and IT.
I've gotten to know my management and co-workers personally. they are a joy to work with.
the hardest part of the job is: the patient care aspect. getting the technology that can save lives to its users as efficiently as possible.
the most enjoyable part of the job: I volunteer as a JFK Medical Center Chaplain supporting patients, visitors, & staff, it is great joy to see everything come together.
Emergency Department
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Emergency DepartmentJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Diversity in patient care
Cons: No breaks and often a very heavy patient load
This is a very fast-paced, critical environment. Each day we deal with a different patient population. You never know from day to day what you will deal with when you arrive at work. I enjoy my co-workers and the patient population. It is very diverse and provides me with a great deal of varied experience. The hardest part of the job is often going from patient to patient. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know different people and their families and providing them with the best care possible. Management can often be difficult, but I know that they are just trying to do the best job for the patients.
Needs to establish what type of organization it wants to be... Corporate or Community?
Full time (Current Employee), Edison, NJJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Im building my resume
Cons: compensation/environment/expectations
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to go home. What is presented in the interview, is completely different than what the job actually entails. The expectations of the position are poorly communicated by the hiring team (HR & managers... particularily managers).
It's Nice
Nursing Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Edison, NJJune 3, 2015
great place to work, happy people everywhere, nice hallways, great nurses and other staff. everything is great... happy happy happy happy happy
Great place to work at.
Patient Intake Coordinator (Current Employee), Edison, NJMay 14, 2015
Great people, great atmosphere! Coming to work brightens my day. It is more than just a job, it is a place I actually love being at. The employees are great, the service is amazing. I recommend JFK Medical Center for patients as well as future employees.
I enjoy being challenge daily...
Registration Supervisor (Current Employee), edison,njMay 11, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours
Physically reviewing the operations of the areas, ensuring that patients are being address in timely manner limiting delays and ensuring satisfaction from all levels.

Positive Attitude, never we cant, its always we will do our best.
Enjoy Motivating staff because without them we would not be able to reach our goals within the organization.
Local HCA facility
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Atlantis, FLApril 20, 2015
Patient satisfaction survey focused facility with emphasis on hourly rounding, patient fall prevention, and uncluttered patient care areas. Patient to nurse ratios higher than originally advised.
Good and professional place to work
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Atlantis, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: pay 1 1/2 in holidays
Cons: ort staffing
A typical day is very busy with short staffing.
The hardest part of the job is the early mornings hours.
The goo part is the holidays pay time and a half
Screening children for blood lead poisoning
Register Nurse - Sandy SSBG Lead Screening Grant (Current Employee), Edison, NJMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Working in the community.
Cons: I just a per-diem job.
I usually go to schools, churches and government organizations and screen children for lead poisoning. My co-workers are professional and friendly. I do not find the job hard, actually I enjoy working for this program.
Good people to work with
Employee (Current Employee), Edison, NJMarch 20, 2015
The co-workers help you get through the day. They are very friendly and supportive. Working with good people is the only positive thing about this place.
political nightmare
Registered Nurse- (Former Employee), Edison, NJMarch 4, 2015
used to be an upcoming gem. now this place is ran like a typical new jersey political office. schedules are never ran on time.
Emergency Medical Service
EMS Supervisor (Current Employee), Edison, NJMarch 1, 2015
- Responsible for deploying and managing all department assets in the Command and Control Center
- Liaison to the Regional Communications center
- Primary point of contact for all on duty personnel
- Coordinate non-emergency and specialty care transports for JFK Health System
- Evaluated clinical competencies of staff under the directions of the Clinical Manger
- Policy Development
- Work in conjunction with the Director of EMS to develop and implement the Command and Control Center
- Emergency Medical Technician (1/21/2012 – 6/24/2013)
- Worked with the BLS Coordinator in Developing and Implement the BLS Division
- Provided emergency medical services
- Field Training Officer
- Provide EMS Education
Productive and fun workplace
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Edison, NJFebruary 14, 2015
Provided Clerical Assistance to the Director of JFK Medical Center. Answered phones, arranged & confirmed appointments, filing and photocopying.
enjoyment of job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Atlantis, FLJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: flexibility in schedules
Cons: short breaks, no raises or increase in salaries
enjoyable part of the job was being a team player.at the end of the day the end result was great.
Industry