JFK Medical Center Employee Reviews

Loved the Challenge
Carpenter/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 6, 2016
Check Hospital for any new Major repair concerns each day. My main duties were all renovation in hospital and out Buildings. Working in a setting like this was a first for me, dealing with Patients
in most areas was my first concern. My head Supervisor was Great to work with as he saw my capabilities and ran with it. Co-works lets just say I've been told from the CEO down that I will be truly missed
not saying I'm the best out there just that my Competition was Lacking by most.To work with so many people in my department that took no Pride in their work they would just get through today avoiding work and get paid, and that brings me back to my Supervisor who had his hands tied with HR. Now the best part of my Job was all the new Challenges Love the Challenges......
Pros
Health Ins-Time off-Easy commute Steady Salary
Cons
Not many I learn to adapt to environment
Lacks transparency
Accountant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 14, 2016
Not the ideal work environment and culture for someone who has prior experience working for banks and the government. Incomparable flexibility and work/life balance.
Cons
No work life-balance
producitve, satisfactory pay
Clinical lab assistant II (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLAugust 9, 2016
JFK is a fast paste work environment, the health benefits and 401k are very rewarding.As an employee of the lab, you get to learn about different preventative methods that help minimize infection as well as new tests and collection practices. The pay is satisfactory, at the end of work day you feel that you have somehow make a difference in a patient's life.
Pros
GREAT HEALTH BENEFITS
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Great people to work with and all for a great cause
Patient Care Technician - Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 12, 2016
The people that you work with are going to be people you will share a great bond with. You are in the business of helping people recover and everyone works together to achieve that. However, it is not an easy job. It will test you in many ways - physically, emotionally, etc. However, the patients that you help will always remember your sacrifices. I just wished upper management realized this and paid a bit better.
great place to work.
Hospitality Representative (Former Employee) –  90 james streetOctober 15, 2016
interact with patients on a daily basis to meet their personal needs throughout the day.pickup of dry and wet spills,sweeping vacumming to ensure a pleasant enviroment for patients,visitors,staff.my learned experience how to work at a fast paced. jfk have management team are caring people.coworker we work as team to make patients and staff had a clean enviroment the most enjoyable part of the job looking into happy faces..
Pros
awards for doing a great job
Cons
short on staff
every organize
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 9, 2017
very busy day at times patient in and out . My co-workers are very helpful people we treat each other like family .management also lands a helping hand to help the staff when help is needed.
Excellent in Patient Satisfaction
Patient Care Assistant / Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLFebruary 9, 2017
A great company to work for, great for career advancement and experience in working in a fast pace environment. Works with employees, great team building, and professional atmosphere.
Rewarding
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 20, 2016
Excellent work environment. Excellent benefits. Rewarding to help patients. Co workers are great. Pay is good. excellent work environment. Good luck
Great staff with crazy patients
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 1, 2016
JFK medical center is a fast pace environment. Many of the employees are fun loving people who do a great job for their patients. However it is not an easy job. This place requires work hard learn and well mentality.
Pros
great staff
Cons
The hard work can be taxing but always worth it.
best place to work
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 31, 2016
if you enjoy teaching this is the best place to work !
co-workers are great
management is amazing
pay is good
you never stop learning
Pros
nothing
Cons
love teaching
Micro Managed
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAJune 30, 2016
This company pays well and has great benefits but the employee turnover is high and management is constantly changing. We are not getting our hours in and are having to seek employment part time else where...
Medical Social Worker
Social Work Discharge Planner (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 6, 2016
This is a great change of pace for any Social Worker that works in a capacity other then a hospital setting. discharge planning can be challenging and rather stressful at times.
Pros
Work Diversity
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive and learning atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 28, 2016
A typical day in the administrative position that I held at JFK involved scheduling the four surgeons that I worked for , their procedures , meetings, any ravel that was needed in reference to their neurological backgrounds.
Pros
Attaining more knowledge in the feild of Administrative Assistant
Cons
Wanting to witness a actual brain surgery to see what their jobs really entailed specifically.
good place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  atlantis floridaFebruary 24, 2017
report to the emergency room
receive report and meet patients
perform initial clinical assessments
facilitate admissions to psychiatric or medical units or disposition back to community.
precerts with commercial insurance companies
report to on coming nurse
Pros
worked with a great healthcare team
Cons
limited resources for unfunded psychiatric patients
Beware
Tech (Former Employee) –  JfkAugust 4, 2016
Beware applying radtech. Not ideal if you are looking for a per diem, they will schedule you as a regular with out notifying. Worse, no benefits. Not worth it. Look elsewhere if you want pt/ft with benefits. Good for new grads if you desire. Staff are meh.
worst hospital experience ever
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 20, 2016
management staff is very unprofessional and have a high tendency of playing "favoritism" with some employees. pharmacy is in the basement so theres no phone service. pharmacy is always HOT! have you working like slaves.
great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 18, 2017
i love working for JFK Medical Center. Its a small community hospital that really care about their staff. I cant speak on the acute side but rehab is family oriented
Pros
pay flexible scheduling
Cons
some of the nurses wont do patient care
Rn
Staff RN on Critical Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 21, 2016
Worked in the ICU. Highly successful registered nurse who completed all job functions on a daily basis. Highly adaptable workforce. Able to conduct work function on as many as 2 patients per evening. Performed exceptionally with patients.
Medium work rate.
Laboratory technician/phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJ 08818November 30, 2016
This place is for beginners and who wish to get a lot of experience and then move on to better jobs. Pay is not as great as at other places but for the beginning it will suffice.
Excellent Place to Work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2017
I have worked in a few hospital in South Florida, and this by far is the Best place yet. The only place I would rather be would be Hawaii.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
12 hours shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JFK Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.